20171230_131913 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171023-190841 (resized).png
E833D4A4-9366-42F8-86BA-86F65390FF12 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9151 (resized).jpg
IMG_1804 (resized).JPG
IMG_1799 (resized).JPG
IMG_1795 (resized).JPG
IMG_1794 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 7 years ago

Another interested Bat-fan here.

1 week later
#51 6 years ago

Any news?

3 months later
#70 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pics and notes w measurements to Matt. A great time to work on this as we wait for Code.....

Do you have any idea of the expected time frame moving forward? Are we looking at weeks or months?
Is this a total replacement ramp or just a hood?

#72 6 years ago

Sounds great!

I'm in for a red on my LE too ... glad to hear it won't just be stainless.

On item (d) - is this a plate to attach the Catwoman Hallmark ornament? Or are you talking about some other plastic?

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The original "CAT" is riveted to the plastic, which is then screwed to the ramp. We're taking the entire plastic out, so will need a flat plate w 2 holes to reattach...rivet or small screw ( I'll rivet mine).

Oh. Duh! Thanks for the clarification.

I don't know when you need firm commitments, but you have mine. I rarely commit to something before seeing it or pricing, but I'm confident enough to do so in this case.

2 weeks later
#85 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Dying myself here....getting some powdercoat done on my coindoor, shooter housing, and trick lockdown bar, so machine will be down, perfect time to pull my ramp and send for the proto. PM'd Matt on Monday...will hit his email tomorrow....mark

You realize this means we could see a code drop soon. Thanks for taking one for the team ...

2 weeks later
#88 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Update: Ramp finally getting out the door for Matt to send back POC in short order....very excited....coin door and shooter housing already at PC for black sparkle treatment, and a potential deadly mod to replace the decal on lockdown bar underway.
This should surely get code to drop this week!!!

As a courtesy, Stern won't be releasing new code until the ramps are done ...

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The new ramp will be a red sparkle powder. I'm having him do the same red sparkle for the emblem, powdered in place of the decal. Also took the bat gadget sticker to a custom engraving shop...having them recreate, identically, in a thin, engraved plastic, which should look much better (to me anyway).

Any chance you can offer all three to interested bat fans? I'm in for the ramp and would like the other two as well.

1 month later
#97 6 years ago

I thought I was kidding before when I said Stern wasn't going to release a code update until the ramp was done ... beginning to look like the ramp (a must have mod if there ever was one) will be done first.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Its shown on the very first pic, when I cut the flap off, leaving approx 1 1/2" of original plastic on.
The cat is screwed to an angle plate, which is riveted to the plastic, then attached to ramp w 2 screws.
I was going to eliminate the plastic all together, and replace w a small, flat piece of steel which you could then rivet the angle to.
Looking for symetry, however, the right ramp has a plastic as well ( non functional excetp to hold the cat up), so decided to keep a small, clean puece on the left.
I'll be replacing both of mine w colored lexan ( red on the left, thinking light blue on the right). This will require you to rivet the angle piece back on.
You dont have to do that...can simply cut the whole flap crap off just behind the wire pass, and screw to new ramp.

Ok, I must be blind. I don't see what to do / where to attach the CAT assembly. Will you be able to post a ramp replacement guide for dummies?

3 weeks later
#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

I am just about done figuring out the price of the wireform replacements.
The final forms will be seamless meaning that obvious connection point on the stock form will be gone.
I will allow the color to be picked by buyer of powder coat colors. If you want more glittery ramps then a clear powder with small flake can be added.
Switch will be included with proper length leads to same connector type so no alligator clips or any typical mod hook ups will be used.
Price will be 200 per form not including shipping. Hope this isn’t too much for you guys but it’s the best I can do in terms of labor and materials

Sounds great and in the price range I was expecting, so even better!

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from ioSFX:

Have the details been communicated on how to order and if there's a color choice?

No on how to order. Yes on color choice.

1 week later
#203 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Excited to see this. Any updates?
Can someone explain to me specifically what Stern's fix kit included and how it addressed the problem? Did they add plastic to stop the airballs

Yup, just a longer piece of plastic to replace the factory piece on top. Also a diverter to put at the bottom of the Batgirl plastic to prevent air balls from draining through the outlane. No way Stern was going to fix the problem with an alternate wire form ...

2 weeks later
#212 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

my metal fab guy said he " might" be interested in doing a run of my chrome (w red epoxy lined) Batman emblem lockdown bar if there is enough interest.

I am ABSOLUTELY interested in this!

I suspect this will be as much of a no brainer as the improved left ramp.

2 months later
#239 6 years ago

Whenever Matt is ready for my money, it's ready ...

2 months later
#285 5 years ago

Mark - thanks for your continued stewardship of this incredible project.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-wireform-made?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.