20171230_131913 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171023-190841 (resized).png
E833D4A4-9366-42F8-86BA-86F65390FF12 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9151 (resized).jpg
IMG_1804 (resized).JPG
IMG_1799 (resized).JPG
IMG_1795 (resized).JPG
IMG_1794 (resized).JPG

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 5 years ago

Going to recompile the list next week, and make this happen.....somehow...too much interest to let it go....

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

over 50 at this point......

To me this seems like a great oppritunity to get into the wireform business for someone. I looked into it and the home model of a wire bending machine will run you about $10k.

Assuming each person is paying $175 or so and you have 55 orders, thats nearly enough to cover the machine costs on the first run. Not counting labor and material costs, there is a real opportunity here.

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

To me this seems like a great oppritunity to get into the wireform business for someone. I looked into it and the home model of a wire bending machine will run you about $10k.
Assuming each person is paying $175 or so and you have 55 orders, thats nearly enough to cover the machine costs on the first run. Not counting labor and material costs, there is a real opportunity here.

The $$ definitely there. It also involves some critical welding of the rings, as well powdercoating. Definitely an "art" to it being done correctly, IMHO. Being I have the only proto ( with one minor modification to the attachment point to be made for a professional look) I'll want to find someone close, and that I can trust, as it's now my only ramp (Matt never sent my original back).

Any ideas/ names of someone who can handle this would be appreciated. I've made the custom metal bracket myself (easy) to completely eliminate any plastic need, and want to make this available as a complete kit. I also want to include the ramp, without the wireholes in it. My local shop(s) can handle the ramp, and my powdercoat guy is one of the best I've seen. Going to convince them they can make a little money on this ( as they both have pretty large operations, and have generally just done things for me as a favor to a fellow business owner.

You can go back on the BM66 thread and see the powder done for my coindoor to match my LE...Absolutely flawless ( not a job for a part timer)...his powder guy has been with him almost 20 years, and he even stated that type of large flake on the black was very hard to exactly match. Stunning..I've been spoiled ever since.

Machine shop does large work for industrial, as well as NASCAR contracts. The ramp and bracket will be child's play for them. Going to ask them if they can recommend someone that can make the wireform (they might even do it, I'm not sure).

Overall, I was so excited Matt would do this, as he possessed the skills. My frustration has hit a wall, however...e-mailed again a couple days ago. I own a small/ medium sized business (25 employees, 7 figure #'s), and simple, accurate communication is all I'd asked. Truly hope he's ok, as he seemed excited to do this, albeit at a slower pace than I had hoped even initially.

I can appreciate him not having the time or desire...can't appreciate not receiving a basic e-mail communicating as such ( seems to be the norm in this niche hobby, unfortunately).

Don't give up, Bat-fanatics, there is a way.......mark

10 months later
#304 4 years ago

Was this project ever finished?
Making wire forms in bulk is hard.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Was this project ever finished?
Making wire forms in bulk is hard.

Only got mine done, after a failed attempt to get them done in bulk for the community. Finished version and some dialogue here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/229#post-4670269

2 years later
#306 2 years ago

I got an email asking me to look at this mod. I am confused as to the difference between this and Sterns ramp? I make and sell wireforms as a business and I am always open to other projects. I guess I am just not seeing it in the pictures? Any help would be appreciated.

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I got an email asking me to look at this mod. I am confused as to the difference between this and Sterns ramp? I make and sell wireforms as a business and I am always open to other projects. I guess I am just not seeing it in the pictures? Any help would be appreciated.

Thought I had some pretty good detail in a thread started several years ago. Will have to go back and look through it....where were you when I needed you back then (lol, kidding).

The form is much more stable, flows better, requires no sneeze guard ....has several differences over the original.

Will be back in front of the games this weekend, and see if I can dig up some notes.

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thought I had some pretty good detail in a thread started several years ago. Will have to go back and look through it....where were you when I needed you back then (lol, kidding).
The form is much more stable, flows better, requires no sneeze guard ....has several differences over the original.
Will be back in front of the games this weekend, and see if I can dig up some notes.

Got a pm with pictures. I see the difference. The only way I could do it is if I had the machine and the price is killing the idea of it. Prices in general are just too stupid at this time.

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Got a pm with pictures. I see the difference. The only way I could do it is if I had the machine and the price is killing the idea of it. Prices in general are just too stupid at this time.

Exactly why I had to abandon it....Stern got around to adding another support spot, but the ball still rattles against the plastic, and doesn't " sit" in the ramp as it should ( you can relate as you build these things).from a pitch standpoint. They make blazing ramps on some games, then not so much..

Someone will be fortunate when I leave the hobby, as I only got the one done.

Thanks for the inquiry!!

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Exactly why I had to abandon it....Stern got around to adding another support spot, but the ball still rattles against the plastic, and doesn't " sit" in the ramp as it should ( you can relate as you build these things).from a pitch standpoint. They make blazing ramps on some games, then not so much..
Someone will be fortunate when I leave the hobby, as I only got the one done.
Thanks for the inquiry!!

I'll take it!

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'll take it!

I'll keep you in the know Pinbud....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 49.99
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-wireform-made/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.