20171230_131913 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171023-190841 (resized).png
E833D4A4-9366-42F8-86BA-86F65390FF12 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9151 (resized).jpg
IMG_1804 (resized).JPG
IMG_1799 (resized).JPG
IMG_1795 (resized).JPG
IMG_1794 (resized).JPG
There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 6 years ago

Excited to see this. Any updates?

Can someone explain to me specifically what Stern's fix kit included and how it addressed the problem? Did they add plastic to stop the airballs or provide an alternative wireform?

#202 6 years ago

We have another.....
This Guardians of the galaxy pin needs two wire forms to the return flippers. Ramps up are fine, but those 2 flimsy plastic ramps need wire forms.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Excited to see this. Any updates?
Can someone explain to me specifically what Stern's fix kit included and how it addressed the problem? Did they add plastic to stop the airballs

Yup, just a longer piece of plastic to replace the factory piece on top. Also a diverter to put at the bottom of the Batgirl plastic to prevent air balls from draining through the outlane. No way Stern was going to fix the problem with an alternate wire form ...

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

We have another.....
This Guardians of the galaxy pin needs two wire forms to the return flippers. Ramps up are fine, but those 2 flimsy plastic ramps need wire forms.

If they can look like branches and twigs in their design and texture/finish I'll take a set

#205 6 years ago

I am interested, please add me to the list.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I am interested, please add me to the list.

Will do.I heard from Matt yesterday, and stated he was committed to getting these done. His summer business has taken longer to get ramped down due to the warm Fall, but was anxious to get on these.

1 week later
#207 6 years ago

Just heard from Matt.....he is starting the support rings now, as he's aware he'll need "a million" of them.........it's happening, it's happening!!!!!

And just to throw some more fun in the mod world, my metal fab guy said he " might" be interested in doing a run of my chrome (w red epoxy lined) Batman emblem lockdown bar if there is enough interest. I would HIGHLY suggest getting a look at this one, so you have choices.....hope to have some pics on that one (installed on my machine) the week after Thanksgiving.

Next for me.....our beloved turntable and spinner assemblies need some shoring up....a bit too much play in both for me, and receive constant bashing from the ball. This is going to be the key toy in the game, and must be rock solid.....updates to come

Batman approves.......

#208 6 years ago

Excited to see this moving closer. With better code on the horizon this ramp will be a nice improvement

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Excited to see this moving closer. With better code on the horizon this ramp will be a nice improvement

Couldn't agree more!!!!!

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just heard from Matt.....he is starting the support rings now, as he's aware he'll need "a million" of them.........it's happening, it's happening!!!!!
And just to throw some more fun in the mod world, my metal fab guy said he " might" be interested in doing a run of my chrome (w red epoxy lined) Batman emblem lockdown bar if there is enough interest. I would HIGHLY suggest getting a look at this one, so you have choices.....hope to have some pics on that one (installed on my machine) the week after Thanksgiving.
Next for me.....our beloved turntable and spinner assemblies need some shoring up....a bit too much play in both for me, and receive constant bashing from the ball. This is going to be the key toy in the game, and must be rock solid.....updates to come
Batman approves.......

Awesome! Need that new left ramp wire form. The ball flies off more times than not. I want to put Doc's parachute van (so cool), in the spot where the lil metal plate is. Worried the van would get a smashed front end

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

Awesome! Need that new left ramp wire form. The ball flies off more times than not. I want to put Doc's parachute van (so cool), in the spot where the lil metal plate is. Worried the van would get a smashed front end

Agreed....Ive got the van too, but not going to mount until my final, powdered version is in. Ive been playing w the proto ramp installed with zero problems since day one

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

my metal fab guy said he " might" be interested in doing a run of my chrome (w red epoxy lined) Batman emblem lockdown bar if there is enough interest.

I am ABSOLUTELY interested in this!

I suspect this will be as much of a no brainer as the improved left ramp.

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For me, it is!!! It exactly covers the stickers w proper contour, heavy chrome plating ( that will reflect the light from the button nicely), and have a nice, epoxy filled red line approx 1/8 inside the emblem, tracing the logo.

Was going for a classy centerpiece, themed in armor colors ( button insert still black), that provided a nice " frame" for all the campy colors inside the playfield.

This game deserves a true classy badge..its the perfect spot. I go bug him Tuesday...

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

+1

2 weeks later
#215 6 years ago

How's that ramp coming along?
Any teases on the lockdown bar emblem also?

#216 6 years ago

UPDATE: Matt busy making the rings, and wireforms very soon to follow!!!! I'm very excited as I will be taking the machine down for a bit (for the upgrade process on several fronts). Hoping to have a teaser pic of the chromed lockdown bat symbol to show very soon as well. Will do my best to bribe him to make more. Also will provide a bit more detail w pics on how I lit @yelobird's awesome Atomic pile....worth a look....

I don't sell mods, but do (sometimes) pretty extensive upfits, just to personalize my machines. Fun stuff to keep my wheels spinning on something besides work......

3 weeks later
#217 6 years ago

Bumped Matt last night....visiting machine shop tomorrow on lockdown emblem update. Tis the season to have family and friends, but figured I'd reach out a bit......

#218 6 years ago

Just heard from Matt...he apologized for unexpected delay, but assured me the ramps are getting done, and no way he was abandoning us. Hopefully, not much longer for the final deal!!!!! Can't wait for this killer ramp (even my proto, unfinished version looks as good as it plays)!!!

#219 6 years ago

Did some "prep mods" to the ramp areas, as this will save time when Matt's final wireform arrives ( the reality...even master pinball craftsman/ modders mostly have a day job to pay the bills, hence the delay)....anyway....

Some pics attached showing the metal bracket you will need to fab in order to attach the Catwoman plastics to the ramp. The Catwoman plastic is screwed to an angle bracket, which is currently riveted to the plastic. With no plastic flap (thankfully) needed, there has to be something to rivet to. I chose to rivet w the head up, as they look better. Not sure why Stern riveted upside down, unless they felt over time, the ball would wear the bottom of the rivet out (?)
Not complicated...nice and clean. You'll see the shape of the proto ramp behind it.

Then got adventuresome and made the right side blue plastic to match the blue inlane lights....looks great...really enhances a nice glow that is already present....disclaimer, I hand cut this so not as clean as Yelobird could do w his waterjet (hint), but you get the idea.

I think someone could easily offer these as a " ramp attachment/ enhancement kit" but not me, as I don't really have the right tooling to bang these out. Possible offer it w the bracket already riveted on, so those that don't have the tool would only need a screwdriver to install

All in all, a nice productive "pre mod" session, as I (we) anxiously wait for the new ramp.

20171230_131913 (resized).jpg20171230_131913 (resized).jpg

20171230_142738 (resized).jpg20171230_142738 (resized).jpg

20171230_142748 (resized).jpg20171230_142748 (resized).jpg

20171230_142830 (resized).jpg20171230_142830 (resized).jpg

20171230_143032 (resized).jpg20171230_143032 (resized).jpg

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Did some "prep mods" to the ramp areas, as this will save time when Matt's final wireform arrives ( the reality...even master pinball craftsman/ modders mostly have a day job to pay the bills, hence the delay)....anyway....
Some pics attached showing the metal bracket you will need to fab in order to attach the Catwoman plastics to the ramp. The Catwoman plastic is screwed to an angle bracket, which is currently riveted to the plastic. With no plastic flap (thankfully) needed, there has to be something to rivet to. I chose to rivet w the head up, as they look better. Not sure why Stern riveted upside down, unless they felt over time, the ball would wear the bottom of the rivet out (?)
Not complicated...nice and clean. You'll see the shape of the proto ramp behind it.
Then got adventuresome and made the right side blue plastic to match the blue inlane lights....looks great...really enhances a nice glow that is already present....disclaimer, I hand cut this so not as clean as yelobird could do w his waterjet (hint), but you get the idea.
I think someone could easily offer these as a " ramp attachment/ enhancement kit" but not me, as I don't really have the right tooling to bang these out. Possible offer it w the bracket already riveted on, so those that don't have the tool would only need a screwdriver to install
All in all, a nice productive "pre mod" session, as I (we) anxiously wait for the new ramp.

Send me a picture of the bracket (s) you need and how they are assembled. Trying to sell custom ramps without the mounts might drastically stir people away. I could make 100 of these in a day out of stainless steel at low cost and sell them to you if you like to move things along. Shipping out brackets individually that cost less than shipping would prove less valued to the buyer then getting a completed kit. Let alone having them find a fab shop and rivet machine which I have both and could do this cheap. Plus I would like to look at the river area as I think most would prefer if I used a countersunk screw mount and locknut on top versus a non removable rivet should they decide to send the ramps out for powder coating or other. Let me know I think I could help with this minor issue. PM me, love to help.

#221 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Send me a picture of the bracket (s) you need and how they are assembled. Trying to sell custom ramps without the mounts might drastically stir people away. I could make 100 of these in a day out of stainless steel at low cost and sell them to you if you like to move things along. Shipping out brackets individually that cost less than shipping would prove less valued to the buyer then getting a completed kit. Let alone having them find a fab shop and rivet machine which I have both and could do this cheap. Plus I would like to look at the river area as I think most would prefer if I used a countersunk screw mount and locknut on top versus a non removable rivet should they decide to send the ramps out for powder coating or other. Let me know I think I could help with this minor issue. PM me, love to help.

Completely agree...I'll PM you with the info. Had hoped Matt would make these "turnkey" w a new ramp (without the wiretie holes), but he's only committed to the wireform, switch combo. Want to make this as easy as possible for people to deploy, and suspect you can bang out the pieces in a heartbeat (I did the countersunk screw/ nut thing on my TZ, but bought a riveting tool awhile back for ramp entrance flaps, so I agree w you there, as well......mark

#222 6 years ago

So, will this be a turnkey drop in replacement?

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

So, will this be a turnkey drop in replacement?

It's my hope that it will be. Turnkey, yes. Drop in? Not quite, but close. If everything goes smoothly, you will only need a screwdriver, nutdriver, along with about 45 minutes to install.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It's my hope that it will be. Turnkey, yes. Drop in? Not quite, but close. If everything goes smoothly, you will only need a screwdriver, nutdriver, along with about 45 minutes to install.

Good enough for me!

#225 6 years ago

Count me as interested too.

Thanks!

1 week later
#226 6 years ago

How’s the lockdown bat gadget accent coming along?

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

How’s the lockdown bat gadget accent coming along?

He said proto was done....Ive gotta take my lockdown over there to insure it fits right ( wouldnt leave it because Im playing the game alot.... If everything fits, he'll chrome the top, and were good.

Anxious to get over there...

#228 6 years ago

I have verbal updates on status of availability of new ramp, wireform, and lockdown emblem, but not going to post until I get firm availability dates to pass on.

Know they are coming (I've put too much effort into the damn things on my end), and will be relentless to insure these are available to the community...mark

#229 6 years ago

Count me in too!

#230 6 years ago

It's a good thing us BM66 guys are a patient bunch....can assure you this wait is going to be worth it. Keeping mine to the end, so I'll have a long time to enjoy this tricked out machine!!!!!

2 weeks later
#231 6 years ago

Any word on progress?

#232 6 years ago

Really hoping I'm not too late to get in on this...could I be added to the list please?

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Any word on progress?

Yes

Quoted from carbonROD:

Really hoping I'm not too late to get in on this...could I be added to the list please?

and yes. Promised Matt I wouldnt post an absolute production date until he was sorted, time wise, but these ARE getting made....

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes

and yes. Promised Matt I wouldnt post an absolute production date until he was sorted, time wise, but these ARE getting made....

MK6 will this new ramp change the shot geometry of the left orbit (open it up a little) or just illuminate the need for the plastic sneeze guard on top of the wire form?

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

MK6 will this new ramp change the shot geometry of the left orbit (open it up a little) or just illuminate the need for the plastic sneeze guard on top of the wire form?

Eliminate the need for the plastic guard.

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Doesn't impact the orbit, but sneeze guard is gone, and the wireform has different pitch (not as "flat"), allowing it to "settle" in, as well as matching the steep pitch of the ramp better. Creates a very satisfying, fast return when hit with pace.

The wire he uses is a slightly heavier gauge, and is very, very solid (yes more solid than even after the bandaid fix offered). The extended plastic and brace helped, but not like this.

Bottom line - works like it should, solid and fast, not to mention beautiful in it's own, subtle way...easily the best mod no one will ever know you put on (think I said that early on in the thread once I got the proto installed). Can't wait to have a final version, red sparkle!!!

#237 6 years ago

I'm lost???

Can You even preorder ramp???

Thanks!

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I'm lost???
Can You even preorder ramp???
Thanks!

Matt wont take preorder $$$ period. He has a current list ( a few missing) and is going to build a substantial run, then reach out to those for the color they want, powder and sell.

Im sure he'll want the money when you place the order .

Not sure how long hes going to do the run...think there are around 50 or so on the list...havent looked in awhile.

#239 6 years ago

Whenever Matt is ready for my money, it's ready ...

#240 6 years ago

Mk6pin, is Yelobird still assisting with this project with the manufacturing of the plastic parts for the ramps? I thought there was prior mention of collaboration,

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Mk6pin, is Yelobird still assisting with this project with the manufacturing of the plastic parts for the ramps? I thought there was prior mention of collaboration,

This is my effort i got done. Fits and looks great. Sure yelobird can do something along the same lines. Definitely needed as the cat above the ramp uses the plastic flap as an anchor point for its bracket.

IMG_20180201_175946 (resized).jpgIMG_20180201_175946 (resized).jpg

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Yelobird also works with metal, so I'm sure he'll have a good solution for the needed bracket/ crosspiece.. Remember, no plastic on the new ramp/ wireform combo. A bracket will need to be fashioned to attach the cat plastic to a metal crosspiece. I made mine in preparation (and have the proto in place so had to). Posted it a few pages back. Mine was 2 pieces, but believe it can possibly be made with one......

I re-riveted the cat back, but think he may be thinking of using countersunk screw/ nut assembly. Regardless, time is getting close, and I'll insure the wireform is a complete kit that is as easy as possible to upfit.

When all details are sorted, and Matt can start cranking these out, I'll have the rest sorted

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

This is my effort i got done. Fits and looks great. Sure yelobird can do something along the same lines. Definitely needed as the cat above the ramp uses the plastic flap as an anchor point for its bracket.

very nice!!! suspect that entire thing can be one piece...Yelobird is probably looking precisely at that....

#244 6 years ago

If I could just get the community to convince him we NEED a light blue #17 plastic for the right ramp, I'm first in line....

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

very nice!!! suspect that entire thing can be one piece...yelobird is probably looking precisely at that....

Lol. Absolutely 1 piece. Rivets are not an option. Sorry again between family and work it's like nobody wants me to do my fun time! I will have this done this weekend come hell or high water!!

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. Absolutely 1 piece. Rivets are not an option. Sorry again between family and work it's like nobody wants me to do my fun time! I will have this done this weekend come hell or high water!!

No worries...don't have the wireforms rolling yet, but soon.....now about that #17 plastic above the right ramp...please!!

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No worries...don't have the wireforms rolling yet, but soon.....now about that #17 plastic above the right ramp...please!!

I second that request!

#248 6 years ago

I "third" that request !!!!!!!!

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from carbonROD:

Added...

#250 6 years ago

Me too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-wireform-made/page/5?hl=kirboturbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.