By cooked71

9 months ago

Stats

• 216 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20171023-190841 (resized).png
E833D4A4-9366-42F8-86BA-86F65390FF12 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9151 (resized).jpg
IMG_1804 (resized).JPG
IMG_1799 (resized).JPG
IMG_1795 (resized).JPG
IMG_1794 (resized).JPG
IMG_1793 (resized).JPG
IMG_1790 (resized).JPG
IMG_1789 (resized).JPG
IMG_1787 (resized).JPG
IMG_1788 (resized).JPG
IMG_1786 (resized).JPG
IMG_1780 (resized).JPG
IMG_1779 (resized).JPG
IMG_1785 (resized).JPG

There are 216 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 82 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

What's the best method to smoothly cut the lexan?

Depends on your access to technology and tools. The go to method is laser or waterjet. I personally use a waterjet (cause I have one and sell them lol) since they allow me limitless possibilities to create any shape. There are Many WJ shops in the Cleveland area. Below is a Batman custom mount I now offer done on a waterjet as an example.

IMG_9151 (resized).jpg

#152 82 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Depends on your access to technology and tools. The go to method is laser or waterjet. I personally use a waterjet (cause I have one and sell them lol) since they allow me limitless possibilities to create any shape. There are Many WJ shops in the Cleveland area. Below is a Batman custom mount I now offer done on a waterjet as an example.

Yes that's the same mount that will be in my machine soon. I was referring to the Cat plastic on the left ramp that MK6PIN shortened. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

#153 82 days ago

Put me down on the list please

#154 82 days ago

Whew...long day of kids soccer...here's my first stab at the list of who is interested in the wireform/ ramp mod. No particular order, and of course, nothing committing you to buy this ( I don't even know what he'll be charging). Please PM me if I accidentally missed you, or you want to be added ( I know there are several I missed).

I'll pass on to Matt in a couple of weeks or so , and he can start sorting:

mufcmufc
Jayg1981
BackFlipper
Racerx61
Pfunk237
docquest
Pinbalt
Mayboyz
jfh
cooked71
Sethman
J85M
thundergod76
Sutol
Squizz
Pinballpal
Fishbeadtwo
wcbu64
iceman44
Maca101010
rockrand

#155 82 days ago

I've already added 4 more blatant oversights on my part to the list....sorry. That's why I'm posting it.

Reminder- Matt won't be doing the plastics ( right side unchanged, just color options, left side definitely shorter, and color options). I've reached out to a couple of Pinside modders to see if they're interested, as my hope is they can be sourced and purchased separately from a single provider. Will let you know what I find out.

You have two choices on how to proceed w plastics:

Easy way- leave the right alone and just cut the left yourself ( like my pic) and you're good.

Harder way- replace both plastics with colored versions. Right plastic identical in size, left will be the custom size. You will need to drill out rivets from the Cat brackets from original, and re-rivet to each of the new plastics. Not a biggie if you have the tool.

I'll make sure to add pics when I put the final assembly in my machine. This is really not that hard ( I'm sure it sounds harder than it actually is...pics will help).

#156 82 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok, I must be blind. I don't see what to do / where to attach the CAT assembly. Will you be able to post a ramp replacement guide for dummies?

No worries....the Cat assembly attaches to a bracket w 2 screws. The bracket is riveted to the plastic. Easiest to take the Cat led assembly off, then drill out the rivets. Reverse process when installing new plastics.

1 week later
#157 75 days ago

I cut all my plastics with a jig saw for my from scratch custom games. It’s quick clean and cheap

#158 75 days ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

I cut all my plastics with a jig saw for my from scratch custom games. It’s quick clean and cheap

Too funny Matt....we have ESP!!...literally just logged on and saw this post. I'm going to cut mine this way, using color swatches I got from eplastics. The one I cut for the demo form was done this way, and looks fine. I'll probably play w a few until the colors get sorted.

2 weeks later
#159 58 days ago

Checked w Matt today....a bit longer until he can get the ramps started.....Im sure he'll be posting soon....

#160 58 days ago

Thanks for the update!

#161 58 days ago

I'm a little late to the party on this ... is there a pre-order thread?

#162 58 days ago
Quoted from jp335i:

I'm a little late to the party on this ... is there a pre-order thread?

Just PM me and Ill add you to the list...

#163 58 days ago

I'm on the list, right?

#164 58 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just PM me and Ill add you to the list...

I would like to raise my hand but I was curious if you established even a Rough cost to purchase complete painted? Interested but I hate to be that guy that does an "Ooo me" and then backs out on the guy busting his but to make them but failed to ask the price. Interested. They look great! Thanks

#165 57 days ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I'm on the list, right?

Yep.....

#166 57 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would like to raise my hand but I was curious if you established even a Rough cost to purchase complete painted? Interested but I hate to be that guy that does an "Ooo me" and then backs out on the guy busting his but to make them but failed to ask the price. Interested. They look great! Thanks

Matt will be building, selling them, and hasn't shared any pricing yet. It will be a completely new ramp/ wireform to replace the existing one, so I have no idea. The proto is still playing flawlessly, btw. Just a nice, solid, great flowing ramp/ form. I've tried everything I know to get the ball to jump the rail, or even shake...hasn't happened once.

Remember, the list is simply for people interested, so he can gauge production. He has stated they will be available in multiple colors, and does not desire to use any type of "prepay" format.

Suspect once his schedule opens up (shortly) to make these, he will provide all info, and turnaround will be pretty quick.

He's shared some of the other projects he's involved with in PB land....man, did we find the right guy!!!!....mark

#167 57 days ago

Great work,MK6pin,I'd like to be included also please!!!Yelobird has some great mods as well!!!

#168 57 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Great work,MK6pin,I'd like to be included also please!!!Yelobird has some great mods as well!!!

you got it....!!!

#169 57 days ago

Put me down for one please

#170 57 days ago

I am just about done figuring out the price of the wireform replacements.
The final forms will be seamless meaning that obvious connection point on the stock form will be gone.
I will allow the color to be picked by buyer of powder coat colors. If you want more glittery ramps then a clear powder with small flake can be added.
Switch will be included with proper length leads to same connector type so no alligator clips or any typical mod hook ups will be used.
Price will be 200 per form not including shipping. Hope this isn’t too much for you guys but it’s the best I can do in terms of labor and materials

#171 57 days ago
Quoted from MattS:

Put me down for one please

I had you down already......

#172 57 days ago

can I join the list please.

#173 57 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

can I join the list please.

Yep...

#174 57 days ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

The final forms will be seamless meaning that obvious connection point on the stock form will be gone.
I will allow the color to be picked by buyer of powder coat colors. If you want more glittery ramps then a clear powder with small flake can be added.
Switch will be included with proper length leads to same connector type so no alligator clips or any typical mod hook ups will be used.
Price will be 200 per form not including shipping. Hope this isn’t too much for you guys but it’s the best I can do in terms of labor and materials

Sounds great and in the price range I was expecting, so even better!

#175 57 days ago

MK6pin PM'd you. I see price now, just had a couple questions

#176 56 days ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

Can you match the red color on the LE?

#177 56 days ago
Quoted from Batman60:

MK6pin PM'd you. I see price now, just had a couple questions

Sorry man...just saw it....sent the list to Matt yesterday....I’ll pm your question responses...

#178 56 days ago

When is the last day to order?

#179 56 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can you match the red color on the LE?

Yes I can. With more sparkle

E833D4A4-9366-42F8-86BA-86F65390FF12 (resized).jpeg

#180 56 days ago
Quoted from Pinfatuated:

When is the last day to order?

I guess when I get tired of making them.

Quoted from MK6PIN:
Sorry man...just saw it....sent the list to Matt yesterday....I’ll pm your question responses...

I didn’t see any questions. Was it in with the list. You can ask here. I don’t mind

#181 56 days ago

Put me on list for 2 of them. LE and SLE

Thanks!

#182 55 days ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

Yes I can. With more sparkle

Count me in for the red.

#183 55 days ago

Will the ramp be included in the $200 price? Or is that an additional charge or something that will be sold separately? Thanks!

#184 55 days ago

Have any of you guys thought about what (if anything) you're going to do with the right wire form? Leave it chrome or have it finished in a complementary color?

#185 55 days ago

I am interested, please add me to the list

#186 55 days ago

Will the ramp be included in the $200 price? Or is that an additional charge or something that will be sold separately? Thanks!

Great question. Matt is deciding that now (contacted me last night. I'm sure it's not included in the price, and he might offer separately is my thought.) I'm sure he'll jump in w clarity.

I'm definitely getting one without the wiretie hole....

#187 55 days ago

Have any of you guys thought about what (if anything) you're going to do with the right wire form? Leave it chrome or have it finished in a complementary color?

I'm doing purple sparkle for mine

#188 55 days ago

I will definitely want to get a right wireform in "Batgirl" purple sparkle as MK6PIN has suggested.

#189 55 days ago

Matt found some great color choices for mine (both the red and purple)...I'm sure he will clarify. The right ramp is not being redone, except for powder, btw...plays fine.

I'm going to change the plastic above the scoop (identical in shape, just light blue) and create a mini plastic (red) for the new left ramp (just for looks, not function). It's going to have that cool slope form Matt added to the wireform.....should be a subtle but badass little mod...

#190 53 days ago

When I get my replacement wireform, I'm going to send the old one back to George Gomez.

#191 53 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

When I get my replacement ramp, I'm going to send the old one back to George Gomez.

#192 53 days ago

We should all do it. Lol. His desk piles high with useless B66 ramps. Knowing Stern they'd just re-use them in their next game.

#193 53 days ago

Too funny!!!!

#194 53 days ago

Great work. This is the kind of thing this community does that makes it so unique.

#195 53 days ago

Please also add me to the list to order. Have the details been communicated on how to order and if there's a color choice? I'd be interested in what works for the LE model. thanks Lance

#196 53 days ago
Quoted from ioSFX:

Have the details been communicated on how to order and if there's a color choice?

No on how to order. Yes on color choice.

#197 53 days ago

I was looking into wire bending machines and I found the machine spooky uses

Screenshot_20171023-190841 (resized).png

#198 51 days ago

I know Matt is slammed at work still, but trust me, I’m as anxious as everyone to get this final, powdered beauty in the machine.....with all the other cool mods coming out, a beautiful, functional wireform is really going to finish this thing up, from a gameplay standpoint ( as we wait for code, of course)....

#199 51 days ago

Is he offering any prismatic color or a specific list? I’m interested in a blue with grey or silver flake and a red with gold flake to get the Batman and robin thing going.

#200 51 days ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is he offering any prismatic color or a specific list? I’m interested in a blue with grey or silver flake and a red with gold flake to get the Batman and robin thing going.

Believe he is open to anything prismatic powders offers, but will let him chime in.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 216 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside