20171230_131913 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171023-190841 (resized).png
E833D4A4-9366-42F8-86BA-86F65390FF12 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9151 (resized).jpg
IMG_1804 (resized).JPG
IMG_1799 (resized).JPG
IMG_1795 (resized).JPG
IMG_1794 (resized).JPG
There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

What's the best method to smoothly cut the lexan?

Depends on your access to technology and tools. The go to method is laser or waterjet. I personally use a waterjet (cause I have one and sell them lol) since they allow me limitless possibilities to create any shape. There are Many WJ shops in the Cleveland area. Below is a Batman custom mount I now offer done on a waterjet as an example.

IMG_9151 (resized).jpgIMG_9151 (resized).jpg

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Depends on your access to technology and tools. The go to method is laser or waterjet. I personally use a waterjet (cause I have one and sell them lol) since they allow me limitless possibilities to create any shape. There are Many WJ shops in the Cleveland area. Below is a Batman custom mount I now offer done on a waterjet as an example.

Yes that's the same mount that will be in my machine soon. I was referring to the Cat plastic on the left ramp that MK6PIN shortened. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

#153 6 years ago

Put me down on the list please

#154 6 years ago

Whew...long day of kids soccer...here's my first stab at the list of who is interested in the wireform/ ramp mod. No particular order, and of course, nothing committing you to buy this ( I don't even know what he'll be charging). Please PM me if I accidentally missed you, or you want to be added ( I know there are several I missed).

I'll pass on to Matt in a couple of weeks or so , and he can start sorting:

mufcmufc
Jayg1981
BackFlipper
Racerx61
Pfunk237
docquest
Pinbalt
Mayboyz
jfh
cooked71
Sethman
J85M
thundergod76
Sutol
Squizz
Pinballpal
Fishbeadtwo
wcbu64
iceman44
Maca101010
rockrand

#155 6 years ago

I've already added 4 more blatant oversights on my part to the list....sorry. That's why I'm posting it.

Reminder- Matt won't be doing the plastics ( right side unchanged, just color options, left side definitely shorter, and color options). I've reached out to a couple of Pinside modders to see if they're interested, as my hope is they can be sourced and purchased separately from a single provider. Will let you know what I find out.

You have two choices on how to proceed w plastics:

Easy way- leave the right alone and just cut the left yourself ( like my pic) and you're good.

Harder way- replace both plastics with colored versions. Right plastic identical in size, left will be the custom size. You will need to drill out rivets from the Cat brackets from original, and re-rivet to each of the new plastics. Not a biggie if you have the tool.

I'll make sure to add pics when I put the final assembly in my machine. This is really not that hard ( I'm sure it sounds harder than it actually is...pics will help).

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok, I must be blind. I don't see what to do / where to attach the CAT assembly. Will you be able to post a ramp replacement guide for dummies?

No worries....the Cat assembly attaches to a bracket w 2 screws. The bracket is riveted to the plastic. Easiest to take the Cat led assembly off, then drill out the rivets. Reverse process when installing new plastics.

1 week later
#157 6 years ago

I cut all my plastics with a jig saw for my from scratch custom games. It’s quick clean and cheap

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

I cut all my plastics with a jig saw for my from scratch custom games. It’s quick clean and cheap

Too funny Matt....we have ESP!!...literally just logged on and saw this post. I'm going to cut mine this way, using color swatches I got from eplastics. The one I cut for the demo form was done this way, and looks fine. I'll probably play w a few until the colors get sorted.

2 weeks later
#159 6 years ago

Checked w Matt today....a bit longer until he can get the ramps started.....Im sure he'll be posting soon....

#160 6 years ago

Thanks for the update!

#161 6 years ago

I'm a little late to the party on this ... is there a pre-order thread?

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I'm a little late to the party on this ... is there a pre-order thread?

Just PM me and Ill add you to the list...

#163 6 years ago

I'm on the list, right?

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just PM me and Ill add you to the list...

I would like to raise my hand but I was curious if you established even a Rough cost to purchase complete painted? Interested but I hate to be that guy that does an "Ooo me" and then backs out on the guy busting his but to make them but failed to ask the price. Interested. They look great! Thanks

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I'm on the list, right?

Yep.....

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would like to raise my hand but I was curious if you established even a Rough cost to purchase complete painted? Interested but I hate to be that guy that does an "Ooo me" and then backs out on the guy busting his but to make them but failed to ask the price. Interested. They look great! Thanks

Matt will be building, selling them, and hasn't shared any pricing yet. It will be a completely new ramp/ wireform to replace the existing one, so I have no idea. The proto is still playing flawlessly, btw. Just a nice, solid, great flowing ramp/ form. I've tried everything I know to get the ball to jump the rail, or even shake...hasn't happened once.

Remember, the list is simply for people interested, so he can gauge production. He has stated they will be available in multiple colors, and does not desire to use any type of "prepay" format.

Suspect once his schedule opens up (shortly) to make these, he will provide all info, and turnaround will be pretty quick.

He's shared some of the other projects he's involved with in PB land....man, did we find the right guy!!!!....mark

#167 6 years ago

Great work,MK6pin,I'd like to be included also please!!!Yelobird has some great mods as well!!!

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Great work,MK6pin,I'd like to be included also please!!!Yelobird has some great mods as well!!!

you got it....!!!

#169 6 years ago

Put me down for one please

#170 6 years ago

I am just about done figuring out the price of the wireform replacements.
The final forms will be seamless meaning that obvious connection point on the stock form will be gone.
I will allow the color to be picked by buyer of powder coat colors. If you want more glittery ramps then a clear powder with small flake can be added.
Switch will be included with proper length leads to same connector type so no alligator clips or any typical mod hook ups will be used.
Price will be 200 per form not including shipping. Hope this isn’t too much for you guys but it’s the best I can do in terms of labor and materials

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Put me down for one please

I had you down already......

#172 6 years ago

can I join the list please.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

can I join the list please.

Yep...

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

The final forms will be seamless meaning that obvious connection point on the stock form will be gone.
I will allow the color to be picked by buyer of powder coat colors. If you want more glittery ramps then a clear powder with small flake can be added.
Switch will be included with proper length leads to same connector type so no alligator clips or any typical mod hook ups will be used.
Price will be 200 per form not including shipping. Hope this isn’t too much for you guys but it’s the best I can do in terms of labor and materials

Sounds great and in the price range I was expecting, so even better!

#175 6 years ago

MK6pin PM'd you. I see price now, just had a couple questions

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

Can you match the red color on the LE?

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

MK6pin PM'd you. I see price now, just had a couple questions

Sorry man...just saw it....sent the list to Matt yesterday....I’ll pm your question responses...

#178 6 years ago

When is the last day to order?

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can you match the red color on the LE?

Yes I can. With more sparkle

E833D4A4-9366-42F8-86BA-86F65390FF12 (resized).jpegE833D4A4-9366-42F8-86BA-86F65390FF12 (resized).jpeg

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfatuated:

When is the last day to order?

I guess when I get tired of making them.

Quoted from MK6PIN:Sorry man...just saw it....sent the list to Matt yesterday....I’ll pm your question responses...

I didn’t see any questions. Was it in with the list. You can ask here. I don’t mind

#181 6 years ago

Put me on list for 2 of them. LE and SLE

Thanks!

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Bonnevil69:

Yes I can. With more sparkle

Count me in for the red.

#183 6 years ago

Will the ramp be included in the $200 price? Or is that an additional charge or something that will be sold separately? Thanks!

#184 6 years ago

Have any of you guys thought about what (if anything) you're going to do with the right wire form? Leave it chrome or have it finished in a complementary color?

#185 6 years ago

I am interested, please add me to the list

#186 6 years ago

Will the ramp be included in the $200 price? Or is that an additional charge or something that will be sold separately? Thanks!

Great question. Matt is deciding that now (contacted me last night. I'm sure it's not included in the price, and he might offer separately is my thought.) I'm sure he'll jump in w clarity.

I'm definitely getting one without the wiretie hole....

#187 6 years ago

Have any of you guys thought about what (if anything) you're going to do with the right wire form? Leave it chrome or have it finished in a complementary color?

I'm doing purple sparkle for mine

#188 6 years ago

I will definitely want to get a right wireform in "Batgirl" purple sparkle as MK6PIN has suggested.

#189 6 years ago

Matt found some great color choices for mine (both the red and purple)...I'm sure he will clarify. The right ramp is not being redone, except for powder, btw...plays fine.

I'm going to change the plastic above the scoop (identical in shape, just light blue) and create a mini plastic (red) for the new left ramp (just for looks, not function). It's going to have that cool slope form Matt added to the wireform.....should be a subtle but badass little mod...

#190 6 years ago

When I get my replacement wireform, I'm going to send the old one back to George Gomez.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

When I get my replacement ramp, I'm going to send the old one back to George Gomez.

#192 6 years ago

We should all do it. Lol. His desk piles high with useless B66 ramps. Knowing Stern they'd just re-use them in their next game.

#193 6 years ago

Too funny!!!!

#194 6 years ago

Great work. This is the kind of thing this community does that makes it so unique.

#195 6 years ago

Please also add me to the list to order. Have the details been communicated on how to order and if there's a color choice? I'd be interested in what works for the LE model. thanks Lance

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from ioSFX:

Have the details been communicated on how to order and if there's a color choice?

No on how to order. Yes on color choice.

#197 6 years ago

I was looking into wire bending machines and I found the machine spooky uses

Screenshot_20171023-190841 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171023-190841 (resized).png

#198 6 years ago

I know Matt is slammed at work still, but trust me, I’m as anxious as everyone to get this final, powdered beauty in the machine.....with all the other cool mods coming out, a beautiful, functional wireform is really going to finish this thing up, from a gameplay standpoint ( as we wait for code, of course)....

#199 6 years ago

Is he offering any prismatic color or a specific list? I’m interested in a blue with grey or silver flake and a red with gold flake to get the Batman and robin thing going.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Is he offering any prismatic color or a specific list? I’m interested in a blue with grey or silver flake and a red with gold flake to get the Batman and robin thing going.

Believe he is open to anything prismatic powders offers, but will let him chime in.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-wireform-made/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.