20171230_131913 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171023-190841 (resized).png
E833D4A4-9366-42F8-86BA-86F65390FF12 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9151 (resized).jpg
IMG_1804 (resized).JPG
IMG_1799 (resized).JPG
IMG_1795 (resized).JPG
IMG_1794 (resized).JPG
There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 6 years ago

First shots of it installed ( not adjusted), the thing is already crazy solid!!! Note the reinforcement at the diverter bolt ( that loop will need to be tidied a bit). You can see switch location. I'm going to solder these, and obviously there will be holes drilled to permanentaly mount it ( suspect Matt will provide the cable to molex, as well.

IMG_1786 (resized).JPGIMG_1786 (resized).JPG
IMG_1788 (resized).JPGIMG_1788 (resized).JPG
IMG_1787 (resized).JPGIMG_1787 (resized).JPG

#102 6 years ago

Actually fit to the ramp. A bit of adjusting here of the wires, but looks smooth. Included shot of ramp ball travel...pretty cool...

IMG_1789 (resized).JPGIMG_1789 (resized).JPG

IMG_1790 (resized).JPGIMG_1790 (resized).JPG

#103 6 years ago

Wireform looks f'in awesome Mark

Regarding ramp colours I was thinking having the left ramp red and gold sparkle (Robins colours) and right ramp blue and purple sparkle or blue and silver sparkle (batmans colours).

#104 6 years ago

Just looks factory already. Great work guys.Well impressed

#105 6 years ago

First ball fires by hand....HOLY BATSHIT!!!! Unbelievably smooth and fast....going to solder those 2 wires, and play on this damn thing....unbelievable solid, zero wiggle in ramp, and ball not coming out...current pitch on playfield...7.1

#106 6 years ago

I'm interested in which plexi colors you think might look best

IMG_1793 (resized).JPGIMG_1793 (resized).JPG

IMG_1794 (resized).JPGIMG_1794 (resized).JPG

#107 6 years ago

Left definitely red ( small one)....leaning light blue on the right....here's the game under color

IMG_1795 (resized).JPGIMG_1795 (resized).JPG

#108 6 years ago

This looks amazing! BUT.....must...have...video!

#109 6 years ago

I was too busy playing....... ramp is lightning quick and doesn't wiggle at all....what a change!!! No flapper here, please...I hit the ramp hard several times....never came close to an air ball....

I'll drag my son down here and see if I can get some video on his iPhone....I'm an average player....don't judge!!!!!

#110 6 years ago

Couple pics of the man behind this...BM won't mind

IMG_1799 (resized).JPGIMG_1799 (resized).JPG

#111 6 years ago

Ok...got my Son to use his IPhone to grab a shot. Nothing sped up, and obviously machine looks much better than this, but you get the idea:

I'll dig around ( or buy ) a camcorder and tripod, so you can watch in better action. The thing is awesome!!! Thank you Matt!!!....a couple of tweaks, and on for a colored set....

#112 6 years ago

Please add me to the list.

Thanks for making this

#113 6 years ago

Will do...bribing my Son to use this IPad and shoot overhead for some better pics.....

#114 6 years ago

Switch, btw

IMG_1804 (resized).JPGIMG_1804 (resized).JPG

#115 6 years ago

Add me to this mod/upgrade as well!!!

#116 6 years ago

Two more looks:

#117 6 years ago

Matt making the ramps now. Wireform will be available in different colors. I'm still going red sparkle ( tiny silver flake) on left, and " batgirl sparkle" on the right. Staying w silver flake, as that's what's on the armor.

I'm not sure how Matt will roll these out, and no clue what he is charging, but can tell you he is a great guy to work with, and the design is both beautiful and functional ( you'll probably be the only one who notices, however, because it looks like it belongs in the game).

Very, very solid, and couldn't be happier. I'll send Matt an email tonight w the few finishing touch requests, and forward him the list of all who have shown interest.

I now have to pick the right side plastic color

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Two more looks:
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

Very nice!
Add me to the list if I'm not on it already
Thanks

#119 6 years ago

add me. interested.

#120 6 years ago

I think the thing I like most...doesn't look like a mod at all....Son in Law coming tomorrow...we shall thrash it, even w old code....

#121 6 years ago

Keep in mind, the install is pretty much bolt in, and plug and play, if Matt includes the switch pigtail. You will need to cut the plastic flap out of the way, however, and if you choose to change the plastic colors, you'll have to rivet the cats to the new color. No biggie, but just a heads up.

#122 6 years ago

Cool. Interested.

Thanks

#123 6 years ago

Yo da man MK6PIN !!

Still can't believe $tern didn't do this in production. Apart from the cheap ass bat signal sticker, It's probably my biggest pet hate on the game and just sums up $tern to me at the moment.

The fact this awesome community can come up with such an awesome fix that will be better than original should make $tern ashamed.

#124 6 years ago

Was the blue rubber on the left side installed on the outside or the inside in those videos? Looks great by the way.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Was the blue rubber on the left side installed on the outside or the inside in those videos? Looks great by the way.

Inside, and thats how the ramp will be made to accommodate....orbit always going to be tight on this game, but ramp symetry is spot on.

Moving it over wasnt going to happen. Everything real tight back there.

#126 6 years ago

Thanks for the video Mark, ramp looks great, kept the original speed of the factory ramp but the big difference which you can see from the videos is it's rock solid, no wobble or wiggle at all

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Inside, and thats how the ramp will be made to accommodate....orbit always going to be tight on this game, but ramp symetry is spot on.
Moving it over wasnt going to happen. Everything real tight back there.

Biggest improvement for my left loop was moving the cable tied wire underneath the ramp. Really don't have any problems now, and I actually moved the blue nib back to the outside. Great you're doing the wire on the new one.

#128 6 years ago

Can you post pictures for how the cat attaches to the ramp?

Please let me know cost when you guys come up with it.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Biggest improvement for my left loop was moving the cable tied wire underneath the ramp. Really don't have any problems now, and I actually moved the blue nib back to the outside. Great you're doing the wire on the new one.

Yep, I can still hit the orbut fine w a clean shot euther way, but that extra room doesn't hurt.

There will be an attachment pount under tge new ramp to secure the wire, making it tidey and out of the way.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks for the video Mark, ramp looks great, kept the original speed of the factory ramp but the big difference which you can see from the videos is it's rock solid, no wobble or wiggle at all

Agreed....you can grab the original and its very wobbly. Id see it everytime...drove me crazy, and has to slow the ball to a degree.

The new one you can grab and is very very solid and stable. The first video I took ( crappy one) was probably the fastest Ive seen the ball move through the form. I'd argue the new ramp is actually faster, but probably not dramatically so.

#131 6 years ago

Mark, will Matt also do the ramps to match the wireforms? I like your color scheme choices with red sparkle on the left and "batgirl" sparkle on the right and would like to match up the plastics as well.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can you post pictures for how the cat attaches to the ramp?
Please let me know cost when you guys come up with it.

Its shown on the very first pic, when I cut the flap off, leaving approx 1 1/2" of original plastic on.

The cat is screwed to an angle plate, which is riveted to the plastic, then attached to ramp w 2 screws.

I was going to eliminate the plastic all together, and replace w a small, flat piece of steel which you could then rivet the angle to.

Looking for symetry, however, the right ramp has a plastic as well ( non functional excetp to hold the cat up), so decided to keep a small, clean puece on the left.

I'll be replacing both of mine w colored lexan ( red on the left, thinking light blue on the right). This will require you to rivet the angle piece back on.

You dont have to do that...can simply cut the whole flap crap off just behind the wire pass, and screw to new ramp. This is what I did for testing.

Hopefully Matt and I can talk soon to sort pricing, availability, colors, etc. I know hes coming into his "off" Season at work in October, and said he could start building in quantity then.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Its shown on the very first pic, when I cut the flap off, leaving approx 1 1/2" of original plastic on.
The cat is screwed to an angle plate, which is riveted to the plastic, then attached to ramp w 2 screws.
I was going to eliminate the plastic all together, and replace w a small, flat piece of steel which you could then rivet the angle to.
Looking for symetry, however, the right ramp has a plastic as well ( non functional excetp to hold the cat up), so decided to keep a small, clean puece on the left.
I'll be replacing both of mine w colored lexan ( red on the left, thinking light blue on the right). This will require you to rivet the angle piece back on.
You dont have to do that...can simply cut the whole flap crap off just behind the wire pass, and screw to new ramp. This is what I did for testing.
Hopefully Matt and I can talk soon to sort pricing, availability, colors, etc. I know hes coming into his "off" Season at work in October, and said he could start building in quantity then.

Thanks for pointing that out. I completely missed that picture.

Such a shame they didn't design it this way at the factory.

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Mark, will Matt also do the ramps to match the wireforms? I like your color scheme choices with red sparkle on the left and "batgirl" sparkle on the right and would like to match up the plastics as well.

Im sure he would...going to leave my ramps silver and just color the forms...a bit more standard looking for me.

As far as the plastics.....if you like the red sparkle, purple sparkle approach...the left plastic is a no brainer, translucent red. The right one is still making me scratch my head.

Batgirl purple not the same as the crane purple, and there is a definite blue hue back there from the inlanes. When you light the machine, you'll see what Im talking about...still sort of on the fence on what color that plastic should be. Given Im doing my ramp batgirl purple sparkle, opinions are welcome, as Im not a great color guy....

#135 6 years ago

Yeah, the plastics don't necessarily need to "match" the wireforms, but compliment the area . . . I see what you mean with the blue.

#136 6 years ago

I think the one feature that blindsided me ( it doesn't take much) is the new switch config. What an AMAZING idea!!!. I never thought about it, and Matt suggested " why do we need that big ass gate for the switch" and showed me some pictures. Sometimes the little things make the biggest difference. Now it's virtually invisible, and doesn't detract from the Atomic Pile visually.

And the way he did the 3/4 rings for the habitrail look so cool in person. The whole ramp flows exactly how I'd schemed it...looks like a roller coaster turn, and the ball never offers to jump off the ramp, but rather " nestles in" for the ride.

I'm afraid this attention to detail can only come on a true boutique type effort, however. So glad we have one of those guys doing this for us.

Easily the best mod I've ever done that no one will ever notice ( except those of us that dealt with the floppy, plastic covered, ball launch original, with a wire tie in the ramp). I love this machine, or wouldn't have put in the effort...but for the life of me can't believe it wasn't finished properly ( or still running unfinished code a year later)...saddens me more than anything...such an iconic theme...( guess I'm too picky....)

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Yeah, the plastics don't necessarily need to "match" the wireforms, but compliment the area . . . I see what you mean with the blue.

Thought about even going off the wall w orange...that's why I bought the swatch ( in the picture) for $20.)

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thought about even going off the wall w orange...that's why I bought the swatch ( in the picture) for $20.)

Mark do all the LEs have black powder coating with silver flake/sparkle? I swear mine has gold sparkle

Will need to take a peak in the box again to confirm maybe I'm just going mad between being cooped up in this hospital ward and work

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mark do all the LEs have black powder coating with silver flake/sparkle? I swear mine has gold sparkle
Will need to take a peak in the box again to confirm maybe I'm just going mad between being cooped up in this hospital ward and work

You are......yep..all LE's black w large silver flake

#140 6 years ago

add me to the list please.

#141 6 years ago

Update:

Got to talk to Matt a bit today, shared some thoughts, and I got to put about 2 more hours on the machine. What I know:

a) Ramp is ABSOLUTELY faster than the original. It just doesn't move ( as it shouldn't), and the flow with the changed pitch is very noticeable. When you hit a solid ramp shot, it flies through the form.
b) ZERO air balls, and man, I was hitting it a lot.
c) Matt stated he will have some time in his schedule after expo to start building these. He will be offering the ramp, wireform, and switch assembly. He will NOT be offering the plastics, if you choose to change them. You'll only need to cut the flap off as I showed in one of the pics yesterday, if you choose to keep the original clear. Other than that, you good to go. I'm making a colored set for mine, as mentioned, and am sure someone can provide these for you, if you want to go that route.
d) I'll post the list I have of those interested on this thread by tomorrow evening. Will add/ modify over the following week or so, then give him a copy, and he'll take it from there. I've got about 20 interested right now.
e) He can speak to color options, price, etc., as everything from that point on will go through him.
f) I highly encourage you to consider this mod ( I'm not involved fiscally one way or the other), as it truly makes the game play better, with a fast, solid, left ramp.
g) I'll post pics of final end product, when everything gets powdered, etc. of my machine. Anticipating shortly after Expo.

A HUGE thank you to Matt, who brought his skills into this, making it a better game for all of us. Thanks....mark

#142 6 years ago

Collectively, we all owe you a HUGE thank you too for pushing all of this forward.

#143 6 years ago

Add me to the list

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Update:
Got to talk to Matt a bit today, shared some thoughts, and I got to put about 2 more hours on the machine. What I know:
a) Ramp is ABSOLUTELY faster than the original. It just doesn't move ( as it shouldn't), and the flow with the changed pitch is very noticeable. When you hit a solid ramp shot, it flies through the form.
b) ZERO air balls, and man, I was hitting it a lot.
c) Matt stated he will have some time in his schedule after expo to start building these. He will be offering the ramp, wireform, and switch assembly. He will NOT be offering the plastics, if you choose to change them. You'll only need to cut the flap off as I showed in one of the pics yesterday, if you choose to keep the original clear. Other than that, you good to go. I'm making a colored set for mine, as mentioned, and am sure someone can provide these for you, if you want to go that route.
d) I'll post the list I have of those interested on this thread by tomorrow evening. Will add/ modify over the following week or so, then give him a copy, and he'll take it from there. I've got about 20 interested right now.
e) He can speak to color options, price, etc., as everything from that point on will go through him.
f) I highly encourage you to consider this mod ( I'm not involved fiscally one way or the other), as it truly makes the game play better, with a fast, solid, left ramp.
g) I'll post pics of final end product, when everything gets powdered, etc. of my machine. Anticipating shortly after Expo.
A HUGE thank you to Matt, who brought his skills into this, making it a better game for all of us. Thanks....mark

Just an idea, would it make sense to keep the switch identical to the way it is now. Would it be better to slow the ball just a tad?

Just throwing this out there as a suggestion.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just an idea, would it make sense to keep the switch identical to the way it is now. Would it be better to slow the ball just a tad?

No....the goal was to get the new form pitched properly, and solid, all of which would provide for better ramp action ( = speed/ flow). The new switch clears up the visual of a huge gate assembly, plus provides even less resistance to the ball as it goes by. Doesn't affect speed that much, but every bit helps, plus now it's virtually invisible, making the game look better , imho.

Solid , fast forms rock. You will like it...a lot. Soft shots go normal ( slower), but if you nail it, very fun to watch and prepare for.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I asked a similar thing, but I trust Mark will nail this ramp design so it's the best it can be, plus I like the fact the ramps on this game at lightning fast and return the ball to the flippers in the blink of an eye.

#147 6 years ago

I can't wait to see the final design with the powdercoat.

Hands down, this is the best mod for any game.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I can't wait to see the final design with the powdercoat.
Hands down, this is the best mod for any game.

I'm super excited for the final, colored package as well. Wont be too long now ( a bit after expo).

Trust me, you will like the extra speed....not dangerous like an orbit thats hit just right, because it still just drops in the flipper lane. But it can get there in a hurry...fun to watch, and now a very satisfying shot when you hit it with pace.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You dont have to do that...can simply cut the whole flap crap off just behind the wire pass, and screw to new ramp.

Ok, I must be blind. I don't see what to do / where to attach the CAT assembly. Will you be able to post a ramp replacement guide for dummies?

#150 6 years ago

What's the best method to smoothly cut the lexan?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 34.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 311 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-wireform-made/page/3?hl=pfunk237 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.