(Topic ID: 104391)

Where to get transparent pinball rubber?

By 85vett

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Applezz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Was looking to make an order and it seems pinball life doesn't sell this anymore. Only place I can find it is at pinball center which is overseas so the conversion to dollars and shipping kind of kills it. Anyone know where you can get them in the US now?

Looking for - http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/pinball-rubber-rings-transparent-c-144_336.html?language=english

#2 9 years ago

Don't know of anyplace else to get them, but if someone has a source...

#3 9 years ago

Is Pinball Life out, or will they no longer stock this?

I bought a decent size order not long ago, but I may need to ration them to certain games if this isn't available any more.

#4 9 years ago

They are all completely off the website. I hope it's just temporary as I love them but don't want to pay to ship over seas.

#5 9 years ago

Clear Super-Bands complete ring sets coming soon....Pinball Life and Marco....

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Clear Super-Bands complete ring sets coming soon....Pinball Life and Marco....

Yeah, but those I'm betting are going to be a lot more expensive. If a 7/16 is $1.25 a piece I don't want to know what others sizes will cost. The same size with these transparent ones is about $.25 a piece.

I just ordered a bunch from pinballcenter. Shipping was $12 US so that's only about $4 more than pinball life would have been. Total cost was about $10 more than pinball life due to the conversion rate but I got 60 (of all different sizes) for right at $45 shipped. I hope pinball life starts selling again to save some $$$, if not, I'll cont to buy through pinball center.

#7 9 years ago

If just looking for semi opaque flipper rubbers (milky color)
    PM me and I will check.
    I am sure I have some and do not have plans to use them on any machine currently.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Clear Super-Bands complete ring sets coming soon...

Quoted from 85vett:

Yeah, but those I'm betting are going to be a lot more expensive. If a 7/16 is $1.25 a piece I don't want to know what others sizes will cost. The same size with these transparent ones is about $.25 a piece.

Exciting, and worrisome. I like the current "clear" rubbers, but they really aren't THAT clear. Especially if you need to stretch them at all, they turn pretty white. I'd be totally down for some actual clear superband rings, but given the price points on their released stuff so far, I would wonder how many hundreds of dollars it will cost to outfit a single game with superband rings.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

Exciting, and worrisome. I like the current "clear" rubbers, but they really aren't THAT clear. Especially if you need to stretch them at all, they turn pretty white. I'd be totally down for some actual clear superband rings, but given the price points on their released stuff so far, I would wonder how many hundreds of dollars it will cost to outfit a single game with superband rings.

Not to mention how on earth will superband RINGS play. The clear rubbers as-is are already way too "snappy" IMO. I had them in my Tron the first time around. Looks amazing, played like a bat out of hell, it was absolutely brutal. I'd be afraid to put them in anything newer than that because there's so many bloody airballs on Metallica already, I don't need 30% more force on my slingshots!

#10 9 years ago

Pinball life typically has them but, seems out. I have put them in all 3 of my machines now. I prefer them. They play a little different but, way cleaner for your machine. No issues so far to me. I am not a pro player at all though. I am a pro pin switcher though. hahahah

#11 9 years ago

I noticed this too ? I went to pinball life to reup my stock and totally removed . I really like them .they do play a little snapper but look sweet ! I noticed that when you get the white haziness when stretching them that it happens because the rubber is twisted. I've gotten them clearer by trying to put them on as straight as possible . I will say that I've ordered from the overseas distributor as well but noticed that their rings are not as clear as Terry's

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Pinball life typically has them but, seems out. I have put them in all 3 of my machines now. I prefer them. They play a little different but, way cleaner for your machine. No issues so far to me. I am not a pro player at all though. I am a pro pin switcher though. hahahah

I doubt they'd be out of every size at the same time. The section isn't even in the navigation under rubber rings anymore. I think Terry stopped carrying them.

I got some to put in my iron man because I thought they'd look cool. Not a fan after the fact. Oh well.

#13 9 years ago

I have Super Band sling shot rubbers on several of my games, I got them from Joe to try out last year (they are not that I know of for sale yet)...I have clear ones on Metallica and CSI, they have been on Metallica for a little over a year now (including last year at Expo) and they are still looking and playing great! no issues no wear, and they clean up great just like Super Band flipper rubbers (which I have on ALL my games).

Quoted from Frax:

so many bloody airballs on Metallica already, I don't need 30% more force on my slingshots!

I had TONS of air balls from the original black sling rubbers on Metallica sooo much so that I removed (moved) the spotlights from the slings because they were getting destroyed from air balls nailing them sooo much. With the Super Band slings, it cut the air balls down to where I can't remember the last time I had one...
    They will be on several of my games this year at Expo as well...

Can't wait till complete Super Band rubber ring kits come out so I can get rid of the rest of the black rubber rings that come on newer Sterns...I hate cleaning all the black goo off the games sooo much from the black rubbers.

Phoebe

#14 9 years ago

Interesting. I'll def give them a shot before final judgement of course, but I haven't been very amused with the flipper rubbers. I love that they're durable as hell, clean up easy, but gameplay wise...man...it took weeks just to get used to it, and even months later I still don't like them.

#15 9 years ago

I can confirm that I'm not getting airballs on my MET with the transparent rubbers. Flipper rubbers, yes, but with these transparent ones I've been good.

The transparent rubbers seem to place about like white rubbers to me with maybe a tad more bounce. The clear superbands are a lot bouncier.

For the times they change white when installing them. A quick trick to get them to go back to transparent again is to just slide them around a bit. When they get twisted our bound up they do that. Spinning them around unbinds them. For example, on a star post. I'll put them on and then spin them around the post about a quarter turn.

They do play a bit different. I like the bounciness but I put them on mainly to help keep things cleaner and I the look with the light shining through them.

#16 9 years ago

Talking strictly about the ones from PinballCenter - their clear bands were as much of a difference to me as black is to white rubber, in the same way. Huge increase in 'snappiness' and rigidity. Wonder if PBL's were slightly different, or maybe the formula has been jacked with, from the way you guys describe them. There's no way the ones I had were anything I would call even remotely approaching white rubber. They were far closer to superbands in terms of hardness and inflexibility when I had them over a year ago.

#17 9 years ago

Terry >> please bring back the translucent ones your were carrying!!!!!!!!

They are my favorite rubber to use and I prefer them over the superband ones.
    I also really liked how when stretched they turned a translucent white color.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Terry >> please bring back the translucent ones your were carrying!!!!!!!!
    They are my favorite rubber to use and I prefer them over the superband ones.
    I also really liked how when stretched they turned a translucent white color.

He gets them in and then runs out and has to wait for new shipments.
    I've ordered them for a few games and need more in the future as well.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

He gets them in and then runs out and has to wait for new shipments.
    I've ordered them for a few games and need more in the future as well.

Yes, he confirmed theya re coming back in. Jsut waiting on supply.

I requested he start doing the tupperwares with them.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I requested he start doing the tupperwares with them.

That would be awesome. I used them for the first time a week ago and really like how they look and play.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

That would be awesome. I used them for the first time a week ago and really like how they look and play.

Hit Terry up via email and request it.

Maybe if a few of us do it then we can get them.

I would really like to get a big assortment in bulk.

2 weeks later
    #22 9 years ago

These are in stock again at pinball life

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-transparent-pinball-rubber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.