• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0996 (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I'm putting a new playfield in my Silverball Mania. The thumper solenoids are held to the playfield with 3 special 6-32 bolt/nails - the likes of which I've never seen nor can I locate any such animal on the web anywhere. They were driven thru from the top of the playfield and protrude thru the mounting bracket on the bottom and take 6-32 nuts. You can just see the top of one of these bolt/nails in the upper left of the picture. They have to be flat and flush with the playfield or they will interfere with the actuator disk. I broke one driving it out and doubt I'll have much luck with the remaining 6. Anyone had this issue? What solutions have you found? Only thought I've had is to very slightly counter sink a T-nut from the top of the field and use a 6-32 bolt from the bottom. That would still leave a hole though, but the ball probably couldnt catch in it. I see why they used a device like this as it would anchor in the wood as it is tightened. Just really puzzled as to where I could find these things...

IMG_0996 (resized).jpegIMG_0996 (resized).jpegIMG_0997 (resized).jpegIMG_0997 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

Pinball Life, Marco etc should have them

#3 2 years ago

I've looked there. I like Marco, but their search engine is... difficult. What would you call these things.

#5 2 years ago

Wow. Such nuff. The exact ones are out of stock the the other (twist screw) ought to work. I just didnt have the name right. Thanks very much for the links!!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Vicg:

Wow. Such nuff. The exact ones are out of stock the the other (twist screw) ought to work. I just didnt have the name right. Thanks very much for the links!!

Mg pleasure Vlog!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 99.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-this-special-part and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.