(Topic ID: 316084)

Where to get thin, 3/4" OD spring washer for Bally cabinet bracket?

By swampwiz

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bluespin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampwiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Yes, the 7/8" OD washer is available at Marco's - that is used to buffer coil recoil, but not the 3/4", which is used on one of the screws that hold up the underbracket of the front bracket assembly (i.e., it is there to keep a tight but slidable attachment for when the bracket obstructing the coin door gets moved, allowing the coin door to be opened). Every one of my '70s Bally pins (EM or SS) uses this, but the one for my Wizard! was so corroded that it broke in half upon disassembly.

I did find this, but I can only imagine that this thing would cost like $25 to ship , so I am looking for one in the USA.

https://pu-parts.com/spring-washer-1-2-inch-saddle-formed

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Ace Hardware stocks ten times the assortment of screws, nuts, washers that Lowes does. I needed a hat pin for my rubber wheeled dolly. Home Depot and Lowe’s had a very limited selection and not the size that I needed. I went to Ace Hardware and they had ten times the selection. At little higher priced but they had it locally.
    Also look at boltdepot.

It seems that the thickness of the washer at all these places is much higher (and hence the spring is much stiffer) than proper.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampwiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-thin-3-4-od-spring-washer-for-bally-cabinet-bracket?tu=swampwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.