• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140715_171051.jpg
20140715_171111.jpg
20140715_171034.jpg
Side Rail cheat Sheet.png
DSC00741.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider q-dog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

I have yet to find a source myself. The Taxi siderails are different from some of the System 11's and don't seem to be available anywhere. Doug Huse has said he can make them, but after several attempts to order a set, I have not ever heard back from him. I'm talking with a few local metal working shops, but the prices seem a bit high.

I'll report back if I have any success.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

once you pull off your old siderails they bend a little

I got mine off without any bending, but they are a bit dented where the back box rests when folded. I really don't want slightly dented side rails on a fully restored machine.

#6 9 years ago

It looks like Space Station, Cyclone, Bonzai Run, Swords of Fury, Taxi, Jokerz, Earthshaker, Black Knight 2000, Police Force, Bad Cats, and Whirlwind all use the same wider side rails. It seems like someone should have remade them and hopefully still have a supply somewhere.

#8 9 years ago

Apparently the System 11 rails came in different lengths so they are not all interchangeable. I'm going to go to a few different local companies and get bids for fabricating Taxi side rails. I'll report back...

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There's a set of new rails (Doug Huse variety) on Pinside Marketplace

Those were made for Whirlwind (not sure which other games they fit) and are shorter than the ones on Taxi.

1 month later
#32 9 years ago

Picked up a pair for Taxi as well. Thanks for the heads up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider q-dog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-system-11-siderails-taxi?tu=q-dog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.