• 40 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Patofnaud
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140715_171051.jpg
20140715_171111.jpg
20140715_171034.jpg
Side Rail cheat Sheet.png
DSC00741.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Simple question: Does anyone have the part number for these and have a good source? I usually buy from Marco but I'm unsure what part number and don't want to get the wrong ones. The ones on the game are tall and have holes for the flipper buttons.

Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

I have yet to find a source myself. The Taxi siderails are different from some of the System 11's and don't seem to be available anywhere. Doug Huse has said he can make them, but after several attempts to order a set, I have not ever heard back from him. I'm talking with a few local metal working shops, but the prices seem a bit high.

I'll report back if I have any success.

#3 5 years ago

Ive had problems finding a new set for my earthshaker as well. I hope you dig up a source for these!

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Q-Dog:

Doug Huse has said he can make them, but after several attempts to order a set, I have not ever heard back from him.

Yeah, I tried to order a new cabinet from him and never heard back. Hope he's ok.

The problem is once you pull off your old siderails they bend a little. Getting them back on would probably be a real pain.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

once you pull off your old siderails they bend a little

I got mine off without any bending, but they are a bit dented where the back box rests when folded. I really don't want slightly dented side rails on a fully restored machine.

#6 5 years ago

It looks like Space Station, Cyclone, Bonzai Run, Swords of Fury, Taxi, Jokerz, Earthshaker, Black Knight 2000, Police Force, Bad Cats, and Whirlwind all use the same wider side rails. It seems like someone should have remade them and hopefully still have a supply somewhere.

#7 5 years ago

I picked up a pair for from Doug Huse at A-town last year and they were perfect. Unfortunately, as some of you have already mentioned, he's been non-responsive for the quite some time. I also read in a thread a few month ago that may be having some health issues so let's hope and pray he gets well soon if that is in fact the case.

#8 5 years ago

Apparently the System 11 rails came in different lengths so they are not all interchangeable. I'm going to go to a few different local companies and get bids for fabricating Taxi side rails. I'll report back...

#9 5 years ago

If your not looking for mint I took a set off of a Taxi that look OK. Send me an email for pics.

#10 5 years ago

There's a set of new rails (Doug Huse variety) on Pinside Marketplace
http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/12466

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There's a set of new rails (Doug Huse variety) on Pinside Marketplace

Those were made for Whirlwind (not sure which other games they fit) and are shorter than the ones on Taxi.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Q-Dog:

Those were made for Whirlwind (not sure which other games they fit) and are shorter than the ones on Taxi.

Q-Dog and I have been going back and forth on this issue. The older System 11 cabinets don't have the flat part at the back like the newer System 11 cabinets which are very similar to WPC cabinets. Taxi has the style where the side of the cabinet is a constant slope all the way to the back of the cabinet and the siderails are 6" longer.

3 weeks later
#13 5 years ago

Bump. Anyone in touch with Doug Huse? I really need these siderails to proceed with my restoration!

Thanks!

1 week later
#14 5 years ago

Bump.

#15 5 years ago

Not sure if these are the same as my EATPM,but mine are 51+" long and can't be found either.
I too am doing a restore and could not find these.

#16 5 years ago

Does anyone have any part numbers? It looks like there are several kinds, but mainly
Long with the nail holes (Flash, High Speed, Fire! etc),
Long without nail holes (Taxi, Jokers, Cyclone etc), and
Short without nail holes (BOP, Police Force, Whirlwind etc).
Then there are some special ones for only 1 game, Black Knight 2000 with double button holes .
Part numbers would help.

Dino

2 weeks later
#18 5 years ago

Thanks! Placed my order last night. Spinout ramp is avail on Wednesday. What a week for my restore!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

Now in stock At Pinball Life!

NICE!! Thanks for letting us know!!

#20 5 years ago

It is not mentioned like the first link, but will these fit a HS???

Also, what ones are needed for an Earthshaker?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

It is not mentioned like the first link, but will these fit a HS???
Also, what ones are needed for an Earthshaker?

Williams Side Rails

Long with the nail holes (Flash,High Speed,Fire! 1961-1987) http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3482
Long without nail holes (Taxi, Jokers, Cyclone,etc 1988) http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3488
Short without nail holes (BOP, Earthshaker,etc 1988-1990) http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3489

#22 5 years ago

Right on! Thank you.

#23 5 years ago

Wow, EATPM not on any of those lists. Would like to have a set for my restore project. Seems a shame to put dented ones on a restored cabinet.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Wow, EATPM not on any of those lists. Would like to have a set for my restore project. Seems a shame to put dented ones on a restored cabinet.

Quoted from Patofnaud:

Any front hinged head (as opposed to side) would use them. They look exactly like the WPC ones except they are 51.5 inch long (4 inches longer than the WPC ones).

Thanks to Dino and Terry for getting these made!!!

--Scott

Post edited by TheNoTrashCougar: Incorrect Info

#25 5 years ago

Make sure to measure yours. EATPM I think may have been produced during a cab change, older ones had the head with piano hinge on the front, but I have seen later ones that had the two big side hinges that mound (err mount!) to the side of the lower cab. The rails are different lengths.

'Standard' EATPM
DSC00741.JPG

#26 5 years ago

Wow, it looks like EATPM uses the WPC side rails. I could have sworn mine had System 11 rails on it.

Learn something every day!

#27 5 years ago

The Bally stuff when they first merged with Williams is all WPC style side rails.

#28 5 years ago

System 11 Side Rail Cheat Sheet. Just a reference, Check your games carefully.

Side Rail cheat Sheet.png

The Long with nail holes look like they were used from the early 1960s until 1987. There are exceptions, check carefully.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

There are exceptions, check carefully.

Yeah, like my BBBB and EATPM even though they say WPC, are in fact different lengths. I know, I had them both out for powdercoat and the wrong ones got the wrong color and had to be stripped and redone.

Demolition Man (WPC) (These are the http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2774 )
20140715_171111.jpg

Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball (WPC) (These are the http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2774 )
20140715_171051.jpg

EATPM, depends, mine uses long with holes as it has the two piano style hinge head and the rails go past under the head as opposed to stopping at side hinge..
20140715_171034.jpg

#30 5 years ago

I tried to put WPC side rails on my Mousing Around, but could not. They were the right style, but the WPC rails are about 4" too short, so it just won't work. I believe Mousin Around side rails are the same style as Elvira and the Party Monsters.

#31 5 years ago

Good to know, I thought we got them all. Is there a big need for the longer ones?

#32 5 years ago

Picked up a pair for Taxi as well. Thanks for the heads up.

#33 5 years ago

Any front hinged head (as opposed to side) would use them. They look exactly like the WPC ones except they are 51.5 inch long (4 inches longer than the WPC ones).

#34 5 years ago

Question on Taxi siderails: Is the double sided tape really required on the rails? It was a real nightmare to get off the game, and I am worried about applying it incorrectly. The game has the flipper buttons and two bolts on either side, would that be enough for home use?

#35 5 years ago

Use the tape. Otherwise you could get rattles and possible bowing.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Yeah, like my BBBB and EATPM even though they say WPC, are in fact different lengths. I know, I had them both out for powdercoat and the wrong ones got the wrong color and had to be stripped and redone.
Demolition Man (WPC) (These are the http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2774 )

Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball (WPC) (These are the http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2774 )

EATPM, depends, mine uses long with holes as it has the two piano style hinge head and the rails go past under the head as opposed to stopping at side hinge..

Yes, I believe mine are the same also. I have measured them before and know they are well over 50".

20140715_171034.jpg 175 KB

20140715_171111.jpg 181 KB

20140715_171051.jpg 132 KB

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I am pretty sure they are these:
Short without nail holes (BOP, Earthshaker,etc 1988-1990)
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3489
Thanks to Dino and Terry for getting these made!!!
--Scott

No, if you check Patofnaud's pic, you see his rails are on top of the flippers. The new ones just released all appear to have the buttons in the rail.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

No, if you check Patofnaud's pic, you see his rails are on top of the flippers. The new ones just released all appear to have the buttons in the rail.

Yes, this has already been corrected in a post after that. They are in fact WPC style rails that are longer than the standard. Thank you.

Quoted from Patofnaud:

#39 5 years ago

Will any of these fit on classic 80s Bally games (Fathom, Centaur, etc)?

Also, what about Sys11-ish WPC games, like Bride of Pinbot?

#40 5 years ago

No

and

Yes, maybe, you'll have to compare pics in this tread and on Pinball life to your machine...

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside