You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87E6BA70-8B24-4875-A2E6-6363D81546DF (resized).jpeg
6769099B-52F0-46EB-96D3-F8966A1525F0 (resized).jpeg
397CEAC1-2928-436F-9A27-BEB06E2E3C5A (resized).jpeg

#1 6 years ago

A few years ago, I bought a pin from a fellow Pinsider. He had all kinds of great protective stuff and upgrades on it. Well, I bought my first NIB (AFMr LE) and want to apply some of the same protective methods. I would ask the guy I purchased from a few years ago about where he got them but he has been inactive since very late 2014.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find these items;

1) Dust cover with window; (I can only seem to find Pinskins with no window) *picture below*

2) Clear adhesive “stickers” to protect flipper and start buttons *picture below* I adjusted the photos lighting to make the stickers more apparent - it looks much better in person. Also, does anyone know if these will work as well on AFMr where the cabinet art is giant decals vs on the TSPP where the art is screened on?

3) PDI Glass (still available from pinballdecals.com?) this glass is great!

4) Felt leg/cabinet protectors (to be used with the plastics ones)

I’d also be interested in any suggestions for other forms of protective gear to help this last for a long time. However, I’ve already got a full set of Cliffy’s on order.

Thanks!
-Homer

397CEAC1-2928-436F-9A27-BEB06E2E3C5A (resized).jpeg397CEAC1-2928-436F-9A27-BEB06E2E3C5A (resized).jpeg

6769099B-52F0-46EB-96D3-F8966A1525F0 (resized).jpeg6769099B-52F0-46EB-96D3-F8966A1525F0 (resized).jpeg

87E6BA70-8B24-4875-A2E6-6363D81546DF (resized).jpeg87E6BA70-8B24-4875-A2E6-6363D81546DF (resized).jpeg

#2 6 years ago

I’m not sure about the dust cover but the other stuff is easy to find.

PDI glass is only available at PDI, JJP sells Invisiglass. The button plastic just looks like Mylar, you can cut that yourself.

Don’t use the felt leg protectors, buy the metal ones from pinball life.

#3 6 years ago

I wanted pdi glass as well,but,Joey is on hold till Dec,15

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I wanted pdi glass as well,but,Joey is on hold till Dec,15

That’s only a couple more days dude

#5 6 years ago

Another question since a random google search will give me results that I may or
may not be able to trust - Other than the sites below, can anyone recommend sites for parts, supplies & accessories that they have had positive dealings with? Until now, I’ve usually just stocked up on what I need at Expo in Chicago.

Places I’ve had good dealings with:
-Cointaker
-Passion for Pinball (Cliffy’s)

Places I’ve heard good things about:
-Marco Specialties
-Pinball Decals, Inc
-Pinball Life
-Bay Area Amusements

Places I have not heard anything about but keep popping up in my research:
-Game Room Guys
-Titan Pinball

#6 6 years ago

Game Room Guys is OK, but generally overpriced.
Titan Pinball is OK.

Others you list are all good guys. I love Pinball Life, Cliffy and Marco.
Action Pinball is also great.

#7 6 years ago

PBL. They have the absolute best prices. If they don't have something standard, go to Marco, but be prepared to pay more.

Pinball decals has a lot of flashy stuff, but it is VERY expensive, but there are few things thy sell that you can't get somewhere else for substantially less money. Their glass appears to be an exception (although Invisiglass is extremely comparable)

For other specialty "mod" type stuff Cointaker is brilliant . Game room guys is Sooooooo expensive I can not think of a reason to buy from them. Perhaps their support is amazing.

#8 6 years ago

Thanks to all those who provided feedback. This information is very helpful!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pinball decals has a lot of flashy stuff, but it is VERY expensive, but there are few things thy sell that you can't get somewhere else for substantially less money.

If you play around with search terms, a number of their mods are just inexpensive premade objects that are just repurposed by basucally adding mounting brackets and LEDs.

#10 6 years ago

An earlier discussion pointed me to this stuff. Cling Vinyl $7. Cut to fit around my AFMr flipper and start buttons. Easy protection from greasy fingers and wear. Fully removable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002J6CO9I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1

I also bought a roll of adhesive backed Mylar. I put a couple pieces in my AFMr:

- Right edge of the SOL hole - small chip was forming just beside the Mantis protector (dented from air balls), hope this will add some cushioning.

- Shooter lane, edge opposite the ball trough. My GoT had developed a small chip there. Since adding a small length of Mylar, no more chipping. So, I'll be adding this to all my machines as a matter of course.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

An earlier discussion pointed me to this stuff. Cling Vinyl $7. Cut to fit around my AFMr flipper and start buttons. Easy protection from greasy fingers and wear. Fully removable.

How well does this stuff stick? Does it show air bubbles?

As for the Mylar, I’ve seen mention of Mylar protection rings for the pop bumpers - is this really needed?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperHomer:

How well does this stuff stick? Does it show air bubbles?

It's more of a "cling" than a "stick". Anyway, mine have not budged all these months. I suppose there may be some air bubbles beneath, I have not noticed nor paid attention. I just went to look; yep, there are tiny air bubbles as you note. Maybe a wet application with a squeegee might improve this, but I prefer a less aggressive method to avoid damage to the decal - which was the whole point of adding in the first place.

Good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-specific-protective-itemsupgrades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.