1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinRestore
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hi, I'm looking for a rivet press or similar quality and affordable riveting tool and loads of rivets.
    Preferably also some hand tools.
    Pinrestore appears to stop producing these. http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html

Where to get some? I live in NL

#2 1 year ago

Harbor freight. That is were pinrestore got theirs and then modified them. Not sure if.they ship overseas.

#3 1 year ago

I haven't looked into it, but I have thought about that press they sold for years. I bought some odds and ends from him. Maybe we can get a consensus on here on how to modify/supplement the Harbor Freight press to duplicate his effort? Were the added pieces custom machined or off the shelf pieces?

#4 1 year ago

From what I understood the modifications are custom. The press itself I can get from a local store. Not sure though.
    I also like his extensions for hammering the rivets by hand.

#5 1 year ago

Here is an instructable describing making one for yourself. It's a pretty easy process and the parts are easy to acquire.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-Tubular-Rivet-Press-From-an-Arbor-Press/

#6 1 year ago

This tool is pricey but works really well. Only trouble is the mouth isn't big enough for riveting around some tall ramp walls but for basic plastic/ramp flap type applications it's perfect.
    http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=RIVSET1

#7 1 year ago

Thanks for the links!

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Only trouble is the mouth isn't big enough for riveting around some tall ramp walls

i bought a similar one off ebay and filed one side off the die.. works well now

#9 1 year ago

I didn't know pinrestore was retiring.

#10 1 year ago

FYI they are still selling some things. I just bought a pack of rivets and a rivet punch.

#11 1 year ago

It is the rollover hand punch I can't seem to source elsewhere. Anyone have leads on one of those?

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

I didn't know pinrestore was retiring.

Damn. That's a shame. I've been dealing with Scot and Deb since they opened their doors.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Damn. That's a shame. I've been dealing with Scot and Deb since they opened their doors.

We tired. Gotta stop working so damn much.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

No way to sell the business to someone else similar to what was done with Comet?

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from roar:

It is the rollover hand punch I can't seem to source elsewhere. Anyone have leads on one of those?

Hanson has one. They make solid stuff. I bought my dies from them when I converted my press.

http://www.erivet.com/storefront_product_detail.cfm?itemnbr=HT-174

Quoted from PinRestore:

You all were my first stop when I wanted to get riveting, but you were sold out. I don't blame you for wanting to work less; that grind will wear you down.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from zimjoe:

Hanson has one. They make solid stuff. I bought my dies from them when I converted my press.
    http://www.erivet.com/storefront_product_detail.cfm?itemnbr=HT-174

You all were my first stop when I wanted to get riveting, but you were sold out. I don't blame you for wanting to work less; that grind will wear you down.

I can't begin to tell you how hard I searched for this tool... thank you very much. No shipping to Canada on the site so I'll inquire but nice to see it somewhere else!

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from roar:

No shipping to Canada on the site so I'll inquire but nice to see it somewhere else!

If you order through Amazon maybe they have the Canadian shipping option amazon.com link »

That is a huge link, I hope it works.

I just looked up the same tool on amazon.ca and it was crazy expensive.

#18 1 year ago

I tried the Amazon.com link and it doesn't allow shipping to Canada. I've already heard back from them though and they did say they ship to Canada, so great news.

6 months later
    #19 1 year ago

so which one works the best, im thinking about buying.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

What! Shit that is really bad news. I may have to buy the special official Pinrestore Riveter now. Damn it! Where are we going to buy the 3m double sided adhesive from. I’m freaking out guys...

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I may have to buy the special official Pinrestore Riveter now.

Out of stock.

LTG : )

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Out of stock.
    LTG : )

There goes my plan...

#23 1 year ago

I have the Third Hand Rivet tool by arbor time. They are apparently back in stock. The deep throat and hand held nature has made it my got to tool for riveting. I have made and used the table top one that Pinrestore used to sell but the 3rd hand is far and away more appropriate for some of the odd ass places a rivet is used, think WH2O boulders or DW subway ramp.

http://www.arbortime.com

#24 1 year ago

so what size rivets do you use to install ramp flaps on a lotr,spiderman, etc. ???

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so what size rivets do you use to install ramp flaps on a lotr,spiderman, etc. ???

There are two measurements with regards to rivets. The first is the diameter of the rivet. The majority of rivets used on pinball machines are 1/8" (shaft diameter). Specifically, the rivet type is called an oval head semi-tubular rivet. The second measurement is the length of the rivet. The thickness of what is being riveted determines the length of the rivet to be used. Lastly, as is the case with flaps, whenever you are going to rivet where the bottom of the rivet would come into contact with plastic, you must use a washer. The thickness of this washer must also be taken into consideration when determining the length of the rivet needed. Ramps vary in thickness, but I would guess that 7/32" or 1/4" would be what you need.

Don't know if PinRestore is still selling them or not, but they have a great rivet starter kit for $30...

http://www.pinrestore.com/Riveting.html

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There goes my plan...

If you email they will make you one.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

If you email they will make you one.

That was supposed to be a secret.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 16.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 27.99
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 197.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 21.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside