Screen Shot 2024-05-27 at 11.03.47 AM (resized).png
IMG_2422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2423 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2419 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2420 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpeg
#1 51 days ago

Hello,
I have a High Speed with a Rottendog LED display set installed. I have one alphanumeric digit that is bad. I removed one from another area to test it. The digit is definitely bad. I’ve contacted Rottendog about getting a new digit, but haven’t had a response.
It’s orange with 17 pins and the comma under the decimal. I’ve scoured the internet and not found the proper replacement for Rottendog displays. Must be the comma with 17 pins.
If anyone has one for sale or 4 of the same color so I can do the credit/match area the same color if you don’t have orange.
I did find one site that has them if you want to buy several thousand. They also didn’t reply.

https://krogur.com/product/en/08-14-segment.html

Thank you !
jaysunten

IMG_2419 (resized).jpegIMG_2419 (resized).jpegIMG_2420 (resized).jpegIMG_2420 (resized).jpegIMG_2421 (resized).jpegIMG_2421 (resized).jpegIMG_2422 (resized).jpegIMG_2422 (resized).jpegIMG_2423 (resized).jpegIMG_2423 (resized).jpeg
#2 51 days ago

Not an identical replacement, but couldn't you use one of these and cut the masking for the decimal to show a comma?

Screen Shot 2024-05-27 at 11.03.47 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-05-27 at 11.03.47 AM (resized).png
#3 51 days ago

Those have 18 pins.

#4 51 days ago

There is usually a part number stamped on led digits. It's possible they are custom ordered as Orange is not a standard color. Led digits typically off the shelf comes in red, multiple greens, yellow, white and blue

#5 51 days ago

It's possible that it's a digit display and not available through the normal retail components channels. I know other pinball companies needed to create their own custom digits to match existing plasma displays since there was no exact match already available.

#6 50 days ago
Quoted from jaysunten:

Those have 18 pins.

Wouldn't you just tie the A's together and the D's together?

Screen Shot 2024-05-27 at 7.27.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-05-27 at 7.27.26 PM (resized).png
#8 50 days ago

Last time i went looking there were not any displays available to the public that had commas. They all have decimals instead. Not sure if that has changed

#9 50 days ago

As others have mentioned, these are very likely a special order from a semiconductor factory and that comes with MOQ's of many thousands.

You are not likely to find one off the shelf anywhere so I suggest you chase RD and get one from them.

#10 50 days ago

DumbAss is building also displays.
Maybe he has the correct type at hand?

#11 50 days ago
Quoted from harig:

DumbAss is building also displays.
Maybe he has the correct type at hand?

Only if he has made an order for several thousand displays. As mentioned, these are NOT standard displays and would have been specially ordered with a MOQ in the thousands.

Some people have made these displays using off the shelf displays but they don't look the same as the original glass like these special order ones do.

#12 50 days ago
Quoted from barakandl:

There is usually a part number stamped on led digits. It's possible they are custom ordered as Orange is not a standard color. Led digits typically off the shelf comes in red, multiple greens, yellow, white and blue

The Rottendog ones have no numbers.

This was solved (Rottendog didn’t get back to me) by Dumbass (Victor). He’s sending me a couple spares that are compatible with RD. Here’s a quote from his last message to me:

DumbAss
Hi there jaysunten!

Pinsider DumbAss has sent you a message via PinsideMail™:

I am aware that you just pulled a datasheet for a generic part. I am also aware that those datasheets quote common anode. When ordering from these from manufacturers, it is important to specify common cathode. It is possible to construct a display using common anode but using common cathode allows the use of a common emitter (Darlington) transistor array. This is what RD does. It is also what I do on my displays.

Thank you Victor!!

#13 49 days ago
Quoted from jaysunten:

The Rottendog ones have no numbers.
This was solved (Rottendog didn’t get back to me) by Dumbass (Victor). He’s sending me a couple spares that are compatible with RD.

When did the display fail and when did you first contact Rottendog and how did you try to reach them? It was just a holiday weekend.

I’ve messaged them with questions and gotten a response. I just wouldn’t expect that outside of normal business hours.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Parkland, FL
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.