Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by novaguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

Just curious if anyone knows where I can score a new backglass for my Abra Ca Dabra? My google search came up empty

#2 3 months ago

Ron Web (Homestead) used to sell them but lost the printing company he used. You can order from Bgresto. He doesn’t do silk screen printing, but his results are really good. He travels a lot for his day job, so he only replies to emails on the weekends.
http://bgresto.com/?p=327

#3 3 months ago

The Ron Webb ones look great but are not a correct fit size wise. Don’t ask how I know.

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

The Ron Webb ones look great but are not a correct fit size wise. Don’t ask how I know.

WTF that sucks.

Bgresto then

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

That's strange as I have one in my game.

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Ron Web (Homestead) used to sell them but lost the printing company he used. You can order from Bgresto. He doesn’t do silk screen printing, but his results are really good. He travels a lot for his day job, so he only replies to emails on the weekends.
http://bgresto.com/?p=327

I don’t think he’s traveling as much during a pandemic. Also people who travel as much as Steve are experts in communications. Why do people soften the blow here?
It should read “You can use Steve, he’ll respond whenever he feels like it, if at all”
If I had a dollar for every post I see about Steve’s response time I’d have enough money to buy another backglass from him.

#7 3 months ago

I don't want to use bgresto. Last time it took forever to get my glass with zero communication. Honestly I'll just keep my shitty glass over dealing with that again.
Maybe I just need to post a WTB ad for a Ron Webb version? Noone else made them?

#8 3 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I don’t think he’s traveling as much during a pandemic. Also people who travel as much as Steve are experts in communications. Why do people soften the blow here?
It should read “You can use Steve, he’ll respond whenever he feels like it, if at all”
If I had a dollar for every post I see about Steve’s response time I’d have enough money to buy another backglass from him.

Interesting. Every time I contact him I get a prompt reply.

Maybe if you're not an ass about things maybe response time is better. People think they're the only ones ordering and should get what they want, chop chop, from a guy who does this as a sideline. And thank God he does it, because a lot of games with bad backglasses are saved because Shay and Ron Webb simply aren't going to do a lot of the less popular games that Steve does.

#9 3 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I don't want to use bgresto. Last time it took forever to get my glass with zero communication. Honestly I'll just keep my shitty glass over dealing with that again.
Maybe I just need to post a WTB ad for a Ron Webb version? Noone else made them?

Did you get it in the end? Would you have gotten a glass at all if not for bgresto?

Seriously, you'd rather have a shitty glass than wait awhile for a great looking new one? What's the hurry? You can keep your shitty glass while you wait so what's the difference?

#10 3 months ago

Edited
Never mind

#11 3 months ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Did you get it in the end? Would you have gotten a glass at all if not for bgresto?
Seriously, you'd rather have a shitty glass than wait awhile for a great looking new one? What's the hurry? You can keep your shitty glass while you wait so what's the difference?

The bg resto glass I received looked like shit for various reasons. It's not just the communication aspect.
This thread isn't a debate about bgresto I'm just looking for options. Go kiss his ass in another thread.

#12 3 months ago

Put up a WTB ad for one of Ron Webb’s reproductions. I think it’s been ran more than once in the last ten years. Some people in the hobby buy one (or more) in case they find a game that needs one. You might be able to shake one loose.

#13 3 months ago

Get me an original and I can do a translite from it, i'm pretty slow these days, could probably crank it out rather quickly.
I've got two others pending but I'm waiting on the originals to work from.
I know it's not the same but...just an option.

#14 3 months ago

I have Ron Webb ABRA...the thing has about a hundred dust particles under the paint, and a split in the wizards robe. Buy with caution.

#15 3 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Get me an original and I can do a translite from it, i'm pretty slow these days, could probably crank it out rather quickly.
I've got two others pending but I'm waiting on the originals to work from.
I know it's not the same but...just an option.

Could you do it with a high res scan? I've got access to a flatbed scanner.

#16 3 months ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Could you do it with a high res scan?

Absolutely.

I'll drop you a PM with some more info.

1 week later
#17 3 months ago
Quoted from Perspex:

I have Ron Webb ABRA...the thing has about a hundred dust particles under the paint, and a split in the wizards robe. Buy with caution.

I bought a Flipper Clown glass off of him a few years back which had some tiny pinholes in it.when I told him about it he promptly sent me another one no charge.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Williamsfield, IL
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 3.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 5.00
Various Other Swag
UpKick Pinball
$ 209.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball
$ 229.99
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 219.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside