You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220418_135229_resized (resized).jpg
homer.gif
abra ca dabra FINAL w RECOLOR (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Just curious if anyone knows where I can score a new backglass for my Abra Ca Dabra? My google search came up empty

#2 4 years ago

Ron Web (Homestead) used to sell them but lost the printing company he used. You can order from Bgresto. He doesn’t do silk screen printing, but his results are really good. He travels a lot for his day job, so he only replies to emails on the weekends.
http://bgresto.com/?p=327

#3 4 years ago

The Ron Webb ones look great but are not a correct fit size wise. Don’t ask how I know.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

The Ron Webb ones look great but are not a correct fit size wise. Don’t ask how I know.

WTF that sucks.

Bgresto then

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

That's strange as I have one in my game.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Ron Web (Homestead) used to sell them but lost the printing company he used. You can order from Bgresto. He doesn’t do silk screen printing, but his results are really good. He travels a lot for his day job, so he only replies to emails on the weekends.
http://bgresto.com/?p=327

I don’t think he’s traveling as much during a pandemic. Also people who travel as much as Steve are experts in communications. Why do people soften the blow here?
It should read “You can use Steve, he’ll respond whenever he feels like it, if at all”
If I had a dollar for every post I see about Steve’s response time I’d have enough money to buy another backglass from him.

#7 4 years ago

I don't want to use bgresto. Last time it took forever to get my glass with zero communication. Honestly I'll just keep my shitty glass over dealing with that again.
Maybe I just need to post a WTB ad for a Ron Webb version? Noone else made them?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I don’t think he’s traveling as much during a pandemic. Also people who travel as much as Steve are experts in communications. Why do people soften the blow here?
It should read “You can use Steve, he’ll respond whenever he feels like it, if at all”
If I had a dollar for every post I see about Steve’s response time I’d have enough money to buy another backglass from him.

Interesting. Every time I contact him I get a prompt reply.

Maybe if you're not an ass about things maybe response time is better. People think they're the only ones ordering and should get what they want, chop chop, from a guy who does this as a sideline. And thank God he does it, because a lot of games with bad backglasses are saved because Shay and Ron Webb simply aren't going to do a lot of the less popular games that Steve does.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I don't want to use bgresto. Last time it took forever to get my glass with zero communication. Honestly I'll just keep my shitty glass over dealing with that again.
Maybe I just need to post a WTB ad for a Ron Webb version? Noone else made them?

Did you get it in the end? Would you have gotten a glass at all if not for bgresto?

Seriously, you'd rather have a shitty glass than wait awhile for a great looking new one? What's the hurry? You can keep your shitty glass while you wait so what's the difference?

#10 4 years ago

Edited
Never mind

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Did you get it in the end? Would you have gotten a glass at all if not for bgresto?
Seriously, you'd rather have a shitty glass than wait awhile for a great looking new one? What's the hurry? You can keep your shitty glass while you wait so what's the difference?

The bg resto glass I received looked like shit for various reasons. It's not just the communication aspect.
This thread isn't a debate about bgresto I'm just looking for options. Go kiss his ass in another thread.

#12 4 years ago

Put up a WTB ad for one of Ron Webb’s reproductions. I think it’s been ran more than once in the last ten years. Some people in the hobby buy one (or more) in case they find a game that needs one. You might be able to shake one loose.

#13 4 years ago

Get me an original and I can do a translite from it, i'm pretty slow these days, could probably crank it out rather quickly.
I've got two others pending but I'm waiting on the originals to work from.
I know it's not the same but...just an option.

#14 4 years ago

I have Ron Webb ABRA...the thing has about a hundred dust particles under the paint, and a split in the wizards robe. Buy with caution.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Get me an original and I can do a translite from it, i'm pretty slow these days, could probably crank it out rather quickly.
I've got two others pending but I'm waiting on the originals to work from.
I know it's not the same but...just an option.

Could you do it with a high res scan? I've got access to a flatbed scanner.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Could you do it with a high res scan?

Absolutely.

I'll drop you a PM with some more info.

1 week later
#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

I have Ron Webb ABRA...the thing has about a hundred dust particles under the paint, and a split in the wizards robe. Buy with caution.

I bought a Flipper Clown glass off of him a few years back which had some tiny pinholes in it.when I told him about it he promptly sent me another one no charge.

5 months later
#18 3 years ago
Quoted from novaguy:

I bought a Flipper Clown glass off of him a few years back which had some tiny pinholes in it.when I told him about it he promptly sent me another one no charge.

I wish I did the same thing now, likely long too late. I only glanced at it to see if it was intact then stored it away only to discover the faults literally years later. It’s not even listed on the site now. Glad to hear he makes good if notified.

#19 3 years ago
abra ca dabra FINAL w RECOLOR (resized).jpgabra ca dabra FINAL w RECOLOR (resized).jpghomer.gifhomer.gif
#20 3 years ago

There we go!

#21 3 years ago

If I had to rank the aforementioned aftermarket backglass providers:

1- Webb

His silkscreens are by far superior to "translite". But, I have received two glasses (World Fair, Sweet Hearts) that had the pinhole issues. Only limited Gottlieb titles available.

2- Gary Conway

His translite translation is great. The translucence is well done and his masking is good. I had 7-8 glasses from Gary and I was happy with them. He does all the majors, as wells as others. That a big advantage and consideration when I am considering a purchase of a game is the knowledge that Gary can reproduce almost every title I ever needed...and he doesn't have it, I can send him the tired glass and in a few weeks he sends a beautiful replacement.

3- BGResto

Same as above, but I only recently purchased my first glass from BG (Heat Wave). It was well done.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from TwinDavid:

If I had to rank the aforementioned aftermarket backglass providers:

1- Webb

His silkscreens are by far superior to "translite". But, I have received two glasses (World Fair, Sweet Hearts) that had the pinhole issues. Only limited Gottlieb titles available.

2- Gary Conway

His translite translation is great. The translucence is well done and his masking is good. I had 7-8 glasses from Gary and I was happy with them. He does all the majors, as wells as others. That a big advantage and consideration when I am considering a purchase of a game is the knowledge that Gary can reproduce almost every title I ever needed...and he doesn't have it, I can send him the tired glass and in a few weeks he sends a beautiful replacement.

3- BGResto

Same as above, but I only recently purchased my first glass from BG (Heat Wave). It was well done.

You forgot "The Shay Arcade Group" They also do pinball backglass with ink like Ron Webb. They also have a Williams "Heat Wave' backglass in which I bought one and it was great.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

You forgot "The Shay Arcade Group" They also do pinball backglass with ink like Ron Webb. They also have a Williams "Heat Wave' backglass in which I bought one and it was great.

You're quite right. Any silkscreen is superior, but I never really dealt with Shay.

#24 3 years ago

The translight Atari_Daze made is amazing.

#25 3 years ago

Dealt with Shay Arcade group and Ron Webb, both have an excellent product.

#26 3 years ago

Of those that i have had dealing with
Ron Webb was easiest to deal with and order from and good communication, fast & well packed.
Shay is good also, but communication is a bit more erratic and ordering from his website for desired BG, may be a bit confusing
as you may have to order a different glass and write name of actual desire glass in notes
BGResto: only bought BG from them in person at a VFW show, wide variety of games in their inventory, but may take a while to order and receive.

2 months later
#27 3 years ago

Ron Webb is planning to print another batch of 15 for this game in 2021 or 2022.

5 months later
#28 2 years ago

Several years ago I organized a group of people (12 of us I believe) that wanted a repro glass for Sky Jump. We each came up with the $$ Shay wanted per glass which I then collected and then sent a check for the combined amount to him to make the glass. Maybe he would do the same with an Abra repo if enough people a wanting one. Someone might want to check with him.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from scasten:

Several years ago I organized a group of people (12 of us I believe) that wanted a repro glass for Sky Jump. We each came up with the $$ Shay wanted per glass which I then collected and then sent a check for the combined amount to him to make the glass. Maybe he would do the same with an Abra repo if enough people a wanting one. Someone might want to check with him.

If you are going to organize a group, do it with Ron Webb since he already has the license etc. If you were to prebuy the 15 he will produce then I think you could sweeten his schedule. (Nowish?)

His Web site "The following glasses are scheduled to be redone in 2021 and 2022, there will only be 15 pieces of each title: Abra Ca Dabra, Atlantis etc"

I wanted a special project from Wade so Im stepping up a prebuying-buying all 25 copies.

Ken

#30 2 years ago

I am not personally interested in an Abra BG. I was just suggesting. Whether it be Shay or Webb, a group request with the funds to back it can things done.

#31 2 years ago

Slightly off topic:

I acquired a Williams Base Hit in 2005 that could use a better backglass. Before buying it, I went to Shay's site and saw it on their list, but it was shown as "out of stock." I bought the machine on the assumption that it would likely be back in stock fairly soon.

Sixteen years later, it's still out of stock, and has never been back in stock at any point during that entire time. I've emailed them numerous times over the years to inquire if it will ever again be in stock.

I've never received a reply to any of my messages. I long ago gave up, made my own repro, and moved on.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from essmeier:

Slightly off topic:
I acquired a Williams Base Hit in 2005 that could use a better backglass. Before buying it, I went to Shay's site and saw it on their list, but it was shown as "out of stock." I bought the machine on the assumption that it would likely be back in stock fairly soon.
Sixteen years later, it's still out of stock, and has never been back in stock at any point during that entire time. I've emailed them numerous times over the years to inquire if it will ever again be in stock.
I've never received a reply to any of my messages. I long ago gave up, made my own repro, and moved on.

Yea, PBR's OOS also similar meaning, especially when Steve is selling old parts, once they are gone they are gone. Why doesnt he update the website? He may find some more...

8 months later
#33 2 years ago

Ron Webb is expecting a batch of glasses in March, but Abra Ca Dabra is not among them. I asked him about this, and he replied: “Somehow Abra got left off the schedule, I am in talks with my screener to fix this problem.”

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Ron Webb is expecting a batch of glasses in March, but Abra Ca Dabra is not among them. I asked him about this, and he replied: “Somehow Abra got left off the schedule, I am in talks with my screener to fix this problem.”

How recent was this? I emailed Ron about a backglass back in October and he said he’s expecting them to be available sometime in February this year.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

How recent was this? I emailed Ron about a backglass back in October and he said he’s expecting them to be available sometime in February this year.

This page was last updated on: January 1, 2022

The next crate will be arriving to me in March of 2022
it will contain:

Drop A Card- 2 boxes
Pop A Card- 2 boxes
4 Square- 2 boxes
Jacks Open- 3 boxes
Lucky Hand- 3 boxes
Target Pool- 2 boxes

Each box contains 5 pieces of glass, they will be distributed in order of the date they were requested.

2 months later
#36 1 year ago

I would REALLY like to get on Ron’s list for a new ACD backglass. I really need one & I’d rather not deal with BGresto again. Hopefully some are still available when this run is produced.

#37 1 year ago

this is close? (Im teasing)

20220418_135229_resized (resized).jpg20220418_135229_resized (resized).jpg
1 year later
#38 11 months ago

Ron Webb just emailed me about Abra Ca Dabra. He ran a small batch (fewer than 10?) and they are ready to ship. I bought one. The other glasses may or may not be spoken for. If you are interested, you should contact Ron now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-new-abra-ca-dabra-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.