Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0433 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0183 (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

My local shop is apparently not capable/competent to do this.

I have an overlay in a .pdf and .dwg format because I made it in Autocad. I need it punted and cuts made where I have a certain color.

Looking for places that have done this in the past. Thanks.

#2 7 years ago

I don't mean to jump your thread but I have a question u might be able to answer. I need a backglass. Could I take a picture of one and take it to print shop and have it blown up on like a transparent so I could stick it on inside of glass.

#3 7 years ago

I watched on you tube a guy photoshop a backglass to fill in missing paint and then had it printed. Just got thinking it would be easier to take picture of good one and have it blown up.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shannyman:

I don't mean to jump your thread but I have a question u might be able to answer. I need a backglass. Could I take a picture of one and take it to print shop and have it blown up on like a transparent so I could stick it on inside of glass.

I just got a 1959 Golden Bells that will need a completely new backglass. There is a backglass picture on the database that I plan to use, scale, and basically trace to recreate the art. That file will be printed like a translite and go from there.

#5 7 years ago

Thx that's what I will try on mine.

#6 7 years ago

Bump. Would love to have this project finally finished and flipping.

#8 7 years ago

Have you talked to a Vinyl Graphic Designer? Some have the equitement to make
    precision cuts in vinyl.. (T)

#9 7 years ago

I don't have any first-hand experience getting an overlay printed, but I have read others have had success using 3M Control-Tac as the media to be printed on. Find a print shop that can print on that stuff (commonly used for car wrap I believe), and you should be in business.

Also, see: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-overlay#post-2807010

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Shannyman:

Could I take a picture of one and take it to print shop and have it blown up

Having a backglass digitized is absolutely the best, but takes dozens of hours to do.
    I had one with double image photography, and turn out pretty good, but scanning and then
    piecing together came out much better.
    The Friendship "7" was with scanning, and the Palace Guard was professionally photographed, and
    the Friendship wins, and me taking a pic from even a high end camera didn't match either one..

IMG_0183 (resized).JPGIMG_0183 (resized).JPG

IMG_0433 (resized).JPGIMG_0433 (resized).JPG

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

I don't have any first-hand experience getting an overlay printed, but I have read others have had success using 3M Control-Tac as the media to be printed on. Find a print shop that can print on that stuff (commonly used for car wrap I believe), and you should be in business.
    Also, see: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-gordon-overlay#post-2807010

Good idea. there are several car places locally that I can start looking at.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-get-an-overlay-printed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.