• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180416_205530 (resized).jpg
medium (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Was looking online and cant find yellow translucent double star posts anywhere. I need all new posts for a Data East Simpsons, mine are all crumbling apart.

medium (resized).jpgmedium (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

FYI, the part # is 545-5209-06

Only place that I can find them is at Marco, but they are sold out.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5209-06

Maybe call them?? Good luck.

#3 6 years ago

Yea looked there anyone that lists them says sold out, maybe I will give them a call.

11 months later
#4 5 years ago

Any luck finding these?

#5 5 years ago

How about getting clear and dyeing it yellow?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Any luck finding these?

Never found any, ended up just using clear, I tried dying them but didnt have any luck with the plastic taking in the dye, heated the water more than you normally have to and it didnt make a difference. I talked to someone more knowledgeable than me and couldn't figure anything out, not sure what kind of plastic they are made from.

#7 5 years ago

Bummer. I ordered some orange ones. Considered red or clear, not sure which would look best.

#8 5 years ago

Tried with 03-8247-16 instead? I'm aware its not the same numbers (yours are DE and this is Williams/Bally) but they look very similar/same. Not sure about actual measurements fit or not.

The ones mentioned above can be found in many places (not Marcos though):

https://www.free-play.se/produkter/spelplansdelar/plastdelar-poster-lampkapor-mm/plastposter/dubbel-star-post-gulyellow.html
https://www.pinballshop.nl/?subcats=Y&pcode_from_q=Y&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=03-8247-16&dispatch=products.search
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/star-posts/1714/double-star-post-yellow?c=2913

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Tried with 03-8247-16 instead? I'm aware its not the same numbers (yours are DE and this is Williams/Bally) but they look very similar/same. Not sure about actual measurements fit or not.

Should work, i was trying to find some in the states, I didnt really want to pay $50.00 for $10.00 dollars worth. Here is mine in clear.

20180416_205530 (resized).jpg20180416_205530 (resized).jpg
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Should work, i was trying to find some in the states, I didnt really want to pay $50.00 for $10.00 dollars worth. Here is mine in clear.
[quoted image]

Beautiful machine! I have mine stripped to clean right now, trying to decide whether to touch up and clearcoat or just clean and reassemble.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Beautiful machine! I have mine stripped to clean right now, trying to decide whether to touch up and clearcoat or just clean and reassemble.

Thanks, It was a fun project. I did some touch ups and spot cleared the areas with automotive clear using a sponge brush then after it dried I sanded it smooth and buffed it out. It had mylar that still looked pretty good so I just left it (read all the horror story's of pulling up artwork), all the wear was was in the non mylar areas. Had Robertstone0407 here on Pinside re powdercoat the wireforms. I was happy with the way it came out. What I liked about doing toch ups on this pin is the artwork doesnt have fine straight lines whitch made it easier for me, it almost looks like a kid did the artwork, even the lettering font was easy, you could pretty much improvise and it still looks good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-yellow-double-star-posts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.