(Topic ID: 209094)

Where to find used toys?(he-man)

By Rdoyle1978

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

#1 6 years ago

I realize I can just do this on eBay, but the prices there seem totally ridiculous. My son is waaay into He-man. He has a bunch of figures from my brothers and I, but they are missing pieces and they’re a little worn, etc. It just seems nuts to me that a 40 year old figure they made MILLIONS of would go for $40 used. Is my radar off?

So where does one go to bargain hunt for old toys? Thanks all!

#2 6 years ago

Garage sales, craigslist, thrift stores goodwill

#3 6 years ago

I still have all my He Man figures from my childhood along with Castle Grayskull. They were my favorite toys......next to Voltron!

#4 6 years ago

I also have some that I've been looking for a way to get rid of. I think I posted a thread a while ago...

Edit: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-star-wars-gi-joe-or-he-man-collectors-here

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I also have some that I've been looking for a way to get rid of. I think I posted a thread a while ago...
Edit: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-star-wars-gi-joe-or-he-man-collectors-here

quite a while ago!! haha. are you still looking to get rid of those? make me an offer - note i am *not* a collector, I am just trying to find a bunch of these toys for my kid; he's going to pay for some of them (he'sso i can't go too crazy.

#6 6 years ago

What are you interested in? I'm still willing to make a deal. Fwiw, I think my kids broke the legs off the skeleton carrier thing. :-/

1 week later
#7 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Garage sales, craigslist, thrift stores goodwill

Good luck with Goodwill. The days of walking in and finding anything of value for a decent price are over as anything remotely collectible gets picked out and listed on their auction site.

This is a 35 year old toyline, so most older parents sold their kids collections off at yard sales decades ago. Flea markets, maybe. But these will most likely just be incomplete, loose figures. Some flea markets will have a dealer that specializes in old toys, but you can expect to pay ebay prices. Craigslist/letgo/facebook classifieds may have something pop up every now and then.

#8 6 years ago

I see He-Man figures everywhere on the cheap. Usually at antique malls, flea markets and occasionally garage sales. If you have specific figures or parts you are looking for may post here. I come across them all the time.

On another note if anyone has any G1 Transformers for sale-hit me up!

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I see He-Man figures everywhere on the cheap. Usually at antique malls, flea markets and occasionally garage sales. If you have specific figures or parts you are looking for may post here. I come across them all the time.
On another note if anyone has any G1 Transformers for sale-hit me up!

Cool! I got a bunch from aobrien5 above, but my kid is way into them now - he thought Snake Mountain was Castle grayskull when he opened the box (oops), but the microphone made up for it .. lol. Now he wants to find the Eternia playset. Yeah wish me luck

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Cool! I got a bunch from aobrien5 above, but my kid is way into them now - he thought Snake Mountain was Castle grayskull when he opened the box (oops), but the microphone made up for it .. lol. Now he wants to find the Eternia playset. Yeah wish me luck

Awesome! Gotta keep that kid straight.

#11 6 years ago

sorry I'm part of the problem I've bought and sold tons of vintage toys, kind of one of my specialties

I have sold 2 eternia sets in my "career". One of the coolest playsets from the 80's. Good luck and thank god they make reproduction tracks for it because they are always broke or lost

hope you find one, toughest part about my job is not keeping everything i sell

I'm still waiting for the day i come across a GI Joe Carrier

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

sorry I'm part of the problem I've bought and sold tons of vintage toys, kind of one of my specialties
I have sold 2 eternia sets in my "career". One of the coolest playsets from the 80's. Good luck and thank god they make reproduction tracks for it because they are always broke or lost

I'm still looking to sell the rest of my stuff. Lmk if you're interested.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I had a friend who had the GI Joe carrier, the (USS Flagg?), the GI joe space shuttle thing, Eternia plus snake mountain, grey skull, horde swamp, AND Fortress Maximus, plus a Sega Master System. It was unreal

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-used-toyshe-man?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.