(Topic ID: 254002)

Where to find These Molex Block connectors?

By CaptainNeo

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Molex 5 (resized).jpg
    Molex 6 (resized).jpg
    Molex 4 (resized).jpg
    Molex 3 (resized).jpg
    Molex 2 (resized).jpg
    Molex 1 (resized).jpg
    cosmic gunfight connectors (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Decided i'm going to build my own harness for my cosmic gunfight swap project. But I need the male sides to these 4 block connectors. Anyone know what they are called or the molex part numbers?

cosmic gunfight connectors (resized).jpgcosmic gunfight connectors (resized).jpg
    #4 4 years ago

Oops, Ken beat me to it.

#6 4 years ago

Not sure if these will work but they just came up for sale.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb System 1 Pinball Molex Plugs

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Decided i'm going to build my own harness for my cosmic gunfight swap project. But I need the male sides to these 4 block connectors. Anyone know what they are called or the molex part numbers?[quoted image]

Ken Layton had the best answer above
    Standard 0.062" connectors --

36 pin connector:
    One shown is 03-06-2361
    Mating connector is 03-06-1361

15 pin connector:
    One shown is 03-06-2152
    Mating connector is 03-06-1152

6 pin connector:
    One shown is 03-06-2061
    Mating connector is 03-06-1062

The one in the photo at an angle is difficult to see -- Need a different view.
    The larger sizes of these connectors (15 pins and up) are now obsolete from Molex, AMP may still have 15 pin versions but not sure.

#9 4 years ago

has to be the exact plug that's there. I don't want to alter the standard playfield connections. Digikey has 100's of connectors on there. WIthout knowing the molex part number, it's almost impossible to find. If it's even a molex plug, which i'm assuming all SS plugs are molex.

#10 4 years ago

There is a 6 pin block

24 pin block

15 pin block

and the big 36 pin block.

#11 4 years ago

24 pin connector:
    One shown is 03-06-2242
    Mating connector is 03-06-1241

Stock Available:
    03-06-2061
    03-06-1062

03-06-1152

03-06-2242
    03-06-1241

03-06-2361
    03-06-2361BK (black version)
    03-06-2362
    03-06-1361

Only one I don't have is 03-06-2152. Sold out and looking for more.

#12 4 years ago

the 24 pin has 3 triangle keys on the 4 pin side and 2 triangle keys on the 6 pin side.

#14 4 years ago

I made a wiring harness for Robo War last winter, its more tedious than anything else. It might be a problem if you have ocd I guess... Matching wiring color codes... Buy a couple scrap harnesses from the era and you should have everything you need I would imagine.

2 years later
    #17 2 years ago

Does anyone have an extra 03-06-2242 24 pin connector they would be willing to sell ? I have an harness to fix and cannot find one.

Thx

1 month later
    #18 2 years ago

I have recreated the male and female socket with both testing fine in regular sockets and into each other.

Molex 1 (resized).jpgMolex 1 (resized).jpgMolex 2 (resized).jpgMolex 2 (resized).jpgMolex 3 (resized).jpgMolex 3 (resized).jpgMolex 4 (resized).jpgMolex 4 (resized).jpgMolex 5 (resized).jpgMolex 5 (resized).jpgMolex 6 (resized).jpgMolex 6 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-these-molex-block-connectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.