Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Yoski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Where do you guys find the most accurate values when researching your pinball purchases? I know most hobbies have some kind of guidebook of values, but I haven't found anything other than the very generic range of prices on the online game database. Surely, there must be something more accurate than that. What resources do you use?

#2 6 years ago

If a game is sold before you get a chance to buy it, it was well priced.
    If it’s still available, you’re getting ripped off.
    : )

Seriously though, look at historic sales here on Pinside and then allow a slight variance for condition.
    Keep in mind that prices fluctuate so historic prices are still only “best guesses”.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

If a game is sold before you get a chance to buy it, it was well priced.
    If it’s still available, you’re getting ripped off.
    : )
    Seriously though, look at historic sales here on Pinside and then allow a slight variance for condition.
    Keep in mind that prices fluctuate so historic prices are still only “best guesses”.

How do I do that? I'm still pretty new to the forums.

#4 6 years ago

you can also make a thread and people will provide feedback like me....

#5 6 years ago

I'm trying to find values for F14 Tomcat and silver ball mania. Both in players condition.

#7 6 years ago

To find it here on pinside

1) click games at top
    2) search for your game
    3) select game
    4) should end up in splash page
    5) scroll to the very bottom and click -archived ads-

I also love using pinpedia.com. Shows eBay auction results with a pic so you can see condition.

Mike V

#8 6 years ago

Value can depend upon condition, desirability, availability of parts, rarity, location, other competing listings, the time of the year, etc.

Price values are more of a set of guidelines than actual rules.

If you have no clue whatsoever what the market value of a game is, there are a variety of resources. The game archive on pinside, old for-sale listings, boston pinball ebay prices, pinball shows & walkthrough videos (where you can sometimes see prices), just talking with other collectors, or guesstimating based on other similar games.

#9 6 years ago

Or if you really want that certain pin, you will pay too much for it

#10 6 years ago

Ebay.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Or if you really want that certain pin, you will pay too much for it

I truly believe that to be true.
    Lmao

#12 6 years ago

Look through all the ads on Pinside.

Go to the "Machines for Sale" section here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/games-for-sale

Type in the machine name, hit search. Then select the "Topics" radio button so that it only finds threads with your target machine in the title, then search again.

#13 6 years ago

I consult with Cheese_WizardPQ whenever I want to know the true value of a machine.

#14 6 years ago

on google type "pinside (insert game name) price check" and look for a recent thread or start a new of your own.

#15 6 years ago

Whatever you do NEVER ask the Seller "What's it worth"

#16 6 years ago

Just sent you a pm

#17 6 years ago

E-bay, advanced search, completed listings. That shows you what sold and what didn't.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-the-most-accurate-values-when-buying-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.