9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cpu-slave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

$T2eC16JHJHkFFlzdSDRoBRwfEwe8v!~~60_3.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

I have a harbor lift table they don't sell that kind any more, so I was asking who has bought a nice lift table with wheels recently and where did you buy it?

Some of the tables I see have the release built into the handle and I was not sure if that was as good as a foot release since foot release I can use without the handle in place.

#2 9 years ago

I'm a big fan of the pin lifter. Get a Sears motorcycle jack and the pin lifter kit and you are in business.

http://www.pinballlifter.com/index.php/pinballlifter

#3 9 years ago

Bump anyone else?

#4 9 years ago

I was looking at these type, but I'm curious if anyone has any feedback on them? Mainly curious if they slide under the new Stern games without rubbing.

$T2eC16JHJHkFFlzdSDRoBRwfEwe8v!~~60_3.JPG$T2eC16JHJHkFFlzdSDRoBRwfEwe8v!~~60_3.JPG
    #5 9 years ago

I picked up something similar to this from Northern Tool last year for under $200

http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-H6240-Hydraulic-Mobile-600-Pound/dp/B0007D2YLS/ref=sr_1_5

All foot activated so handle was removed and forgotten. Don't see it on their website currently but it was much better than that Harbor Freight one I borrowed to try out.

#6 9 years ago

HF still sells this kind, at least according to their website: http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-60730-10041.html

It's easy to modify and relocate the release. I removed the handle altogether, cut the release cable down to where it ends at the hole where the cable originally comes up through at the base to go up to the handle, and tied the cable through an old flipper bushing for the release handle.

I like this kind because you can raise and lower the game to any level between the highest and lowest extremes. I think a lot of pinball lift carts just have a low and high and nothing in between. The lift cart can allow you to remove the legs and lower the entire cabinet to just a few inches off the ground for easy play field removal and re-installation.

Also, if you lower it all the way, you can easily tilt a legless game up onto it without much work. The lifting is all done by the cart after that.

Without the handle installed, I generally have to be careful when moving because if I pull or push at the cabinet, it can slide on the cart.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from cpu-slave:

I picked up something similar to this from Northern Tool last year for under $200
    amazon.com link »
    All foot activated so handle was removed and forgotten. Don't see it on their website currently but it was much better than that Harbor Freight one I borrowed to try out.

Ebay has same or identical looking table for like $200

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I'm a big fan of the pin lifter. Get a Sears motorcycle jack and the pin lifter kit and you are in business.
    http://www.pinballlifter.com/index.php/pinballlifter

This is what I have now, only issue is that it doesn't go low to the ground like other table I had so not as helpful with setting up a new game, the old table was able to go like one foot off the ground at the lowest setting.

But on the plus side this lifter feels more stable and less wobbley with the pin on it.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Ebay has same or identical looking table for like $200

It's similar to what I picked up, just wanted to show that it's all foot-operated and the handle can be completely removed without any hacking\work around needed for ones like the harbor freight model. I don't recommend paying the amazon price for one, just using it for reference.

I do like it and recommend it. As long as you place it properly under the pin, it's not wobbly or likely to slide (mine has a diamond-patterned top to keep it from sliding around) - and when not in use it doesn't take up a ton of space like the wico-type one pictured above. I've been moving several of my pins around lately with it lately (in and out of the 'shop' area) and it makes it very easy.

Only issue I've had was when I lower the pin all the way down - which then I have to crawl under and press the handle a few times to get it high enough to get my leg under it to raise it. Maybe smaller people don't have that issue?? However, it does go down to less than a foot off of the ground if that is indeed what you are looking for.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-the-best-lift-table and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.