14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

Well the arcades are long gone, so where can we go to play other machines? Well unless you have other buddies with machines its pretty slim pickin's. The only places that I go locally where I live are the airport, some bowling alleys, and a few pubs. OH, and I played one in a laundry mat one time. Even if you do find a pin somewhere to play its usually in rough shape or doesn't play properly and is poorly maintained. I was just in the local pub last weekend and they have a new batman in there and it had like 7 credits in it that I saw, then I went up to it and the ball was stuck on the playfield in a spot where it WASN'T coming out and it was stuck on ball 1. Another pub I went to a few weeks ago had a Whirlwind, and the playfield and the spinning discs were so dirty and worn out that it didn't even play properly.
    As mentioned before, I think us the masses, need to post where to play and what is out there. If one of the moderators could set up a section, kind of like the map of the pinsiders. Wouldn't really have to change any kind of format, just have the map come up, then you could click or type in the name of a location and fill out all the info that you know about where and what to find for pins. Also you could click or type in the name of other locations and see what's there and what others have posted about the area. That's my suggestion in the matter, because if you just have a long forum post about locations, then you would have to read, scroll, read, scroll, and with lots of entries that would be alot of info to go through!!!

#2 14 years ago

Great post,I would love to see this happen,As a 50 year old when I was growing up you could find Pinball gamesin a lot of places,Diners,Department stores,Bowling alleys,laundry mats and Arcades,Then the video games started taking over which was kind of a 5 year fad.There are Pinball games around but they are not plentiful.Maybe We can start a comeback!!!!!!!!

#3 14 years ago

This is definately planned. It's gonna be a new section in the World Pinball Map page. I just need some spare time to build it!

#4 14 years ago

We have quite a few places around here still in Utah. There's one local nickel arcade that has around 15-20 machines, all in good shape. It's the only place I still know that has The Addams Family on location. I'll have to take some pictures there, because seeing that many machines on one wall these days is impressive. The games I remember off the top of my head include:

- Space Invaders
    - South Park
    - The Addams Family
    - Who Dunnit?
    - The Getaway
    - Monopoly
    - Roadshow
    - Hook
    - Terminator 2
    - Tales From the Crypt

There are some other nickel arcades here, but their machines aren't as nice. Aside from movie theaters, really it's just random places that I run into machines. Not too long ago I found a Flash Gordon in a local pizza parlor.

2 years later
    #5 12 years ago

I couldn't find a modern post inquiring about pinball locations,
    so I'm raising this thread back from the dead.
    Pinside here has an amazing pinball make that I update religiously...
    http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play

I'd like to see someone make a great Pinside Pinball Map Flyer that
    we can leave at all of these pinball locations someday.

The word must spread!
    Long Live Pinball!

#6 12 years ago

I went through the same thing here in Springfield IL. So, I drug my girlfriend to every place I could think up that might have a pinball machine. I documented my results here:

http://www.ryancoultas.com/pages/pinball.php

Now if only everyone would do that we would be all set.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from rcoultas:

I went through the same thing here in Springfield IL. So, I drug my girlfriend to every place I could think up that might have a pinball machine. I documented my results here:

http://www.ryancoultas.com/pages/pinball.php

Very cool. Springfield may kind of suck for pins, but at least you are less than 100 miles from CP Pinball.

#8 12 years ago

put them on the map if they aren't there already.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-pinballs-to-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.