7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by applejuice
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider applejuice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Trying to fix a dead bally sounds deluxe sound board, but i need a new pal chip as the one in the board doesn't seem to function as expected and also has no Bally markings stamped on it.

The Pal chip is some sort of address decoder i think. Part number is 0E47-00803-001 and is a PAL16L8 ic. If I can get hold of the EQN file for it then i can program my own no worries.

I was wondering if i could find the file info somehow via pinmame, but can't seem to fathom it out

Any help here would be much appreciated.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

What happens when you read your PAL with your programmer?
Do you get an empty equation? If yes, it might be faulty, then again it might be protected - I don't have one to check.
Is the equation inconsistent between reads?
Looking at the schematics, yes the PAL looks like it's used as an address decoder. PinMAME doesn't use the PAL equation. It just has a high level implementation.

Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated. The pal chip I have reads blank which is the same as others I have read that are protected.

The problem I have when using the chip in the board is that the enable line for the pia chip is floating. It never goes high or low so i get zero led blinks.

Also as I mentioned above I'm not convinced this pal chip is correct for the board or original as there is no Bally stamp on it.

2 years later
#10 5 years ago

Or you can contact me and I'll be able to send you a programmed chip

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

The file is being tested localy.
Always good to have it confirmed from different sources.
Thanks for the offer.
Peter

We spent many hours sorting this, so it will work fine. feel free to send us some beer tokens

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider applejuice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-pal-chip-or-file-for-bally-sounds-deluxe-board?tu=applejuice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.