my-Freshie-Backbox_(resized).JPG
m-Freshie-Transformer-schematics_(resized).jpg
IMG_2550_(resized).JPG
IMG_2547_(resized).JPG
stepper_(resized).png
coin_chute_(resized).png
playfieldunderside2_(resized).jpg
playfieldunderside1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jknpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 7 years ago

This is the Reset bar on my 1939 Chicago coin O'Boy.
I can eliminate the coin slide on the front of the cabinet by lifting the Playfield
and moving the bar by hand.
Even though the power is ON, you will not get any lites until the Bar slides forward to reset everything.
The Blue lines show the Switches that get Reset; the Red line shows the bar moving forward.
Try operating the pin with the Playfield raised.
JohnIMG_2547_(resized).JPGIMG_2547_(resized).JPG

#28 7 years ago

**** Still looking for a Schematic..........
The scoring lites go Up to 60,000, but I don't see how anyone can score
anything close to that without flippers.IMG_2550_(resized).JPGIMG_2550_(resized).JPG

#31 7 years ago

When you push your coin slide IN, make sure it comes ALL the way back to the fully out position.
If it doesn't the game will not be Fully Reset
* Note ..... jcg9998 at Pinball Owners Database has a 'golden Gloves'. You may want to 'PM' him at that website.
I am also trying to get info from him about my Pin........

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

I noticed that switch
I'm going to swing by the hardware store later this morning to see if I can find a slightly stouter spring for the return. The current one isn't strong enough.

Weak springs can be easily overlooked an be a 'big headache'..........

#36 7 years ago

The Caps on my 1939 are .5mfd @ 200volts
They were made by Falcon.
If you think the caps are bad; unsolder one lead and see if the pin operates differently.
You can see if they are shorted, but if in doubt, replace them.

#58 7 years ago

****** I also scraped some of the melted wax off the capacitor-- it's .25mfd, 200V. ************
As I mentioned previously......my caps are 0.5mfd. @ 200volts.
I failed to mention they are electrolytic. ..... not sure that makes a difference. If so these caps at amazon
should suffice.

https://www.amazon.com/pieces-NICHICON-Electrolytic-Capacitor-0-33uF/dp/B00M1VE0XE/ref=pd_day0_328_3

#76 7 years ago

Are you trying to make a schematic wiring diagram, or are you just labeling wires ?
I made a wiring diagram, but it took quite a while; but in the end, at least you have
some form of a schematic.
BTW..... I am having no luck from owners (elsewhere) who have similar Chicago Coin pins....
I finally found out how my Pin scores....... mostly by 'osmosis'......

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

Keep with it, eventually you will have a schematic.
have you identified what that "shorted" switch on the reset relay does. or if it is shorted?

If you are having trouble getting to stacked switches and you think they are closed and should be Open;
just insert an insulated shim between the contacts to see if that makes a difference in the operation.
It is also a good technique when troubleshooting power issues to find what path the problem is in.
***** FWIW*****

#87 7 years ago

****** Good work******
Just be patient and work on one problem at a time.
My 1939 O'boy has been a 'real pain' to work on; like you I have no schematic.
The biggest problem has been these 'bumper rings', which score when the ball hits them.
The problem is the large solenoids will 'lock on' if the springs stick to the post, or move out of
alignment, and they do that when lifting the playfield to work on it.
See photo..... I don't know how they kept these Pins in playing condition.....

IMG_2551_(resized).JPGIMG_2551_(resized).JPG

#97 7 years ago

The game is scoring correctly insofar as each of the targets adds the correct score, but I haven't figured out how to get the score to zero out. I'd welcome any thoughts you guys have on correcting that... I'm a little stumped as to how that works.
Verify the 'Zero' position goes to the correct lites with your meter on resistance. Each step(rivet) on the bakelite
board should go to one of the score lites. Your Zero marking may be wrong.
You may be missing a Spring that Resets your stepper back to Zero.
* I have a spring problem now on my Pin, I have no idea how they were able to get this spring on to the metal
gear and the bakelite board.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jknpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-chicago-coin-schematics?tu=jknpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.