(Topic ID: 206750)

Where to Find Carbon-core Mirror-polish Balls?

By Jason_Jehosaphat

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrgregb123
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgregb123.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

Shiniest chrome core ball that exists on the market:
    https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

Shiniest carbon core ball that exists on the market:
    https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

If you change your balls frequently, i.e. when they start to scratch up a bit, get the Ninja chrome balls even with magnet games. They generally will become magnetized enough to notice just around the time they should be changed out. The carbon balls won't magnetize for a very long time but they are softer and scratch much faster.

#17 6 years ago

So I have them in all of my games, and the magnetic ones would be TAF, Dialed In, Metallica, and Dr. Dude.

I don't anticipate Dr. Dude being an issue as it only has a single small magnet that isn't used frequently.

TAF's power magnets never touch the ball and will not create magnetism. The only time they touch a magnet is Thing's hand and it's infrequent, so I don't suspect any issues. Also, the ball doesn't rub the magnet, it's simply picked up and dropped. I have several hundred games on TAF with them and have no issues nor do I expect any prior to their periodic replacement.

Metallica and Dialed In both use magnets pretty heavily and do cause the ball to rub them frequently. On Metallica, no issues after hundreds of plays except if multiple balls are caught by Sparky at once, they stay there once the magnet turns off. A slight bump breaks them free. No other issues.

On Dialed In, I am finally starting to see magnetism issues after several hundred long plays. Because QED guy has a metal base they occasionally stick to it if they happen to rest near it. A gentle bump frees them. They are at the point where I'd replace them though so that issue will be reset when I do.

Bottom line is if your game doesn't cause the ball to rub on the magnet core often, it's far less likely to occur. If you change your balls every few hundred games or less, magnetism shouldn't be an issue in most games. If you tend to keep the balls in your game for a while, chrome balls will eventually magnetize.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgregb123.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-carbon-core-mirror-polish-balls?tu=mrgregb123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.