Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bluespin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I am looking to find a back door for my Jack in the Box. When I received it, it was simply missing the door. It is very loud as a result. Pinball Resource told me they do not sell Multiplayer Backdoors, and I cannot find anywhere online that is selling it. Any ideas?

#2 2 years ago

Know any HVAC guys? Any decent tin knocker should be able to bang one out.

#4 2 years ago

Don't know where you live, but you can usually find miscellaneous back doors at the flea markets associated with the various pinball shows. Be aware that the back doors for Gottlieb 4 player machines of that era are a different size than for the 2-players.

#5 2 years ago

Are you near a local show?
Place a Wanted ad?

#6 2 years ago

I’ve only just recently got a chance to get my hands on my own em, so I’m still pretty new to this era of games…

Are backdoors really that hard to get your hands on?
Are the majority of them missing when you pick up a project/game?

I’m a sheet metal worker and thought about making a custom one for my Capt Fantastic project (it’s still has the original).

Like is there a demand for these? are people willing to have them shipped?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Like is there a demand for these?

Yes!

Quoted from mad_carl:

are people willing to have them shipped?

That's the rub, shipping is probably half as expensive as the item.

#8 2 years ago

Well they can definitely be made. They could also be lined with acoustic foam if you wanted some extra noise reduction lol

#9 2 years ago

I've seen people make them out of a solid slab of wood or MDF, which should also cut down on sound I think.

#10 2 years ago

RacingPin has a lot of em backdoors.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from KyleMikolajczyk:

I am looking to find a back door for my Jack in the Box. When I received it, it was simply missing the door. It is very loud as a result. Pinball Resource told me they do not sell Multiplayer Backdoors, and I cannot find anywhere online that is selling it. Any ideas?

Try posting in this forum and list where you live. A local collector may have one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-find-a-gottlieb-em-multiplayer-back-door?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.