Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180915_144926 (resized).jpg
IMG_5685 (resized).jpg
IMG_5684 (resized).jpg
20180915_142639 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hi
Where do I connect the chime unit on my Gottlieb Royal Flush (76)
As seen on the picture the previous owner have removed the original, but I cant find any cut wires. (The strange swich mounted where the chime once was, is an inside powerswitch)
As far as I know it should be 1 common and 3 different wires for the 3 used coils. Are they supposed to be in the same cable braid as the cables to the knocker?

20180915_142639 (resized).jpg20180915_142639 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Here are pics of my Card Whiz. Similar machine.

IMG_5684 (resized).jpgIMG_5684 (resized).jpgIMG_5685 (resized).jpgIMG_5685 (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

That power switch should be mounted to the bottom board near it's current location. Isn't there a hole visible for it?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

That power switch should be mounted to the bottom board near it's current location. Isn't there a hole visible for it?

Nope. They have change the bottom to an nw fresh one, but probably to lazy to drill a new hole

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Here are pics of my Card Whiz. Similar machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for quick answer. This made me take a closer look and found the "lost" cables behind some tape on the braid. Now I can go on installing my (soon finished) homebuild chimeunit in wood

20180915_144926 (resized).jpg20180915_144926 (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago

The black plastic switch cover is part #B-15163. And they do pop up on Ebay now and then. One just sold for $20.

2 weeks later
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballark:

Thanks for quick answer. This made me take a closer look and found the "lost" cables behind some tape on the braid. Now I can go on installing my (soon finished) homebuild chimeunit in wood
[quoted image]

Sounds interesting, post some pics when done!

#8 5 years ago

There's an entire chime unit on ebay for 10 bucks item no.

#9 5 years ago

And here's the switch cover currently on Ebay.
www.ebay.com/itm/Gottlieb-Pinball-Machine-Used-Switch-Cover-B-15163/273488993570?hash=item3fad36dd22:g:BjcAAOSw2idbTSLf:sc:USPSFirstClass!02655!US!-1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-connect-chimeunit-on-gottlieb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.