New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248995)

Where to buy zipper flippers?

By fodorfolde

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by razorsedge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

f9477278ff32befaada09d03cbaf49333401c746 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Firstly, apologies if this has been posted/answered before.

The question is: where can I buy replacement "zipper flippers" for my Medusa project? I don't even know if that's the right name for upper set of flippers, but marco doesn't seem to have them available.

Any thoughts of nudges (in the right direction) would be very much appreciated!

(I cut/pasted a pic from the gallery...)

f9477278ff32befaada09d03cbaf49333401c746 (resized).jpg
#3 1 year ago

If you get a new set of the metal shaft and flipper base (not the plastic) make sure it's got the groove on the flipper shaft for the pawl to bite into. I made the mistake about 20 years ago on mine when I had it with ones that were smooth and it made it so you couldn't remove the flipper shaft at all.... had to hacksaw it off. Cheap parts then....

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from fodorfolde:

Firstly, apologies if this has been posted/answered before.
The question is: where can I buy replacement "zipper flippers" for my Medusa project? I don't even know if that's the right name for upper set of flippers, but marco doesn't seem to have them available.
Any thoughts of nudges (in the right direction) would be very much appreciated!
(I cut/pasted a pic from the gallery...)[quoted image]

These are just old short flipper bats. "zipper flippers" refers to bats on a mechanism that moves and changes the (position) spacing between the flipper bats. Moving bats closer together, then back to further apart.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 149.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside