(Topic ID: 269465)

Where to buy Sern Orbitor 1 replacement opto?

By Coindork

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Coindork
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E181B104-D104-44FE-82EE-FE119CB2C8FC (resized).jpeg
3A2355DE-A87F-4B25-BC5C-25E9A1CA090B (resized).jpeg
7337BCF0-DB07-4404-BA4E-35008C49DA14 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Anybody know where I can find a replacement opto for this.
Just picked up an Orbitor 1 yesterday where the encoder disc was out of alignment and completely wore away the face of the opto sensor.

Basically the game continually registers a hit now and the opto needs replaced.

It’s playable if you unplug the opto board, you just won’t score points.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Kent
7337BCF0-DB07-4404-BA4E-35008C49DA14 (resized).jpeg

3A2355DE-A87F-4B25-BC5C-25E9A1CA090B (resized).jpegE181B104-D104-44FE-82EE-FE119CB2C8FC (resized).jpeg
#2 1 year ago

unless you can find a part number I would just order a unit that has the correct number of leads and give it a try, looks like your example has heavy wear on it so a new un-worn may rub against the whatever breaks the opto path

heres one i saw on marcos site that may be a possible replacement ... its prolly all about size and lead numbers tho, hope this helps

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5490-12451-00

#3 1 year ago

Search for OPB815L at www.mouser.com

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

Search for OPB815L at www.mouser.com

Quoted from creepykenny:

unless you can find a part number I would just order a unit that has the correct number of leads and give it a try, looks like your example has heavy wear on it so a new un-worn may rub against the whatever breaks the opto path
heres one i saw on marcos site that may be a possible replacement ... its prolly all about size and lead numbers tho, hope this helps
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5490-12451-00

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
I had done a couple searches on Mouser and Great Plains bases on the marking on the opto and nothing come up. I’ll try one of these as a suitable replacement and see how it goes.
Just started diving into this thing yesterday and that’s one of the issues that jumped out at me as something that needs to be dealt with.

Good to see you Kenny.
Hope you’re doing well man.

#5 1 year ago

all good my friend, I've heard its so hot a virus can not survive in the AZ desert

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

all good my friend, I've heard its so hot a virus can not survive in the AZ desert

It’s 105 at the moment.
The only way for a living organisms to survive is air conditioning, cold beer and of course the swimming pool.
I hear the virus doesn’t like cold beer and swimming so I’m felling pretty good about it.
The only downside it that its about to get up into the 110s.
When it gets that hot you really dont want to do much of anything.
Other than that, life’s pretty good.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside