Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Homepin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15902607_10154858653099402_1488889531_o (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I'm looking for a better source of post studs than Marco or Pinball Life. I need to buy in quantity so their prices are kind of high. Obviously at least one fastener company makes them, but I'm not sure what they're called outside of pinball.

I'm particularly looking for 2" 6-32 studs (part #02-9899) like the one pictured, but I'm interested in sourcing other styles of stud as well.

Thanks

15902607_10154858653099402_1488889531_o (resized).jpg15902607_10154858653099402_1488889531_o (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

I'm curious too.

#4 7 years ago

"in quantity" for a part like that is 10k pieces.. if you want a few hundred just pay the man

#5 7 years ago

Went looking for these a while ago... Can't believe how much they cost

#6 7 years ago

Gold dust in the UK.

I'm going to make my own out of M6 or M8 studding depending on the need.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Moonbus:

Gold dust in the UK.
    I'm going to make my own out of M6 or M8 studding depending on the need.

I screwed some regular bolts in from the bottom and put nuts on top

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I screwed some regular bolts in from the bottom and put nuts on top

This, or threaded rod, and you can snip it to approx size. If you need bulk, this would be quite economical.

#10 7 years ago

I just had a hell of a time removing some threaded rod from a game, so I doubt I'd go that route.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from drawingdwarf:

I just had a hell of a time removing some threaded rod from a game, so I doubt I'd go that route.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Couldn't you just tap it out through the bottom with the T nut attached?

#14 7 years ago

They are special parts made for pinball machines. I have just had a pile made in different lengths and I can assure you that if you want less than 10K of them I'm afraid you will have to pay whatever the retailers ask.

Perhaps they would give a qty discount for several hundred if that's all you need?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-post-studs-in-bulk?hl=moonbus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.