(Topic ID: 327524)

Where to buy Mylar by the foot?

By GILV

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Title says it all, I was thinking "The Pinball Resource" because I really like there high quality mylar but I would have to find my client number and I have'nt bought from them for at least 5 years, plus, they don't take orders by email anymore.
    Any thoughts?
    I want it sold by the foot so I can cut out the size I want.
    Let me know.
    Thanks.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks but I saw that Marco sells mylar by the foot but my worry is the 3 mil thick description.
    Is'nt 3 millimeters a little too thick for Mylar?
    I've bought thick mylar in the past and I was'nt at all impresssed with it.
    It does'nt stick well, it is by no means, invisible, in fact, it's awfully ugly to look at......

#4 1 year ago

It's what I've used on my machines for years.

Its not 3 millimeters thick, it's 3 mils thick, or 0.0762 mm.

#5 1 year ago

Just go with PBR. Email orders are easy and I would bet that Jimmy would look you up if you gave all your info in an email.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

It's what I've used on my machines for years.
    Its not 3 millimeters thick, it's 3 mils thick, or 0.0762 mm.

Hey, thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Just go with PBR. Email orders are easy and I would bet that Jimmy would look you up if you gave all your info in an email.

I did send them an email with all of my info, and they never "looked me up" , the only answer I got was this:
    Hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving

We will reopen for phone orders/inquiries on Monday 11/28/22. *NOTE: Our phone is normally Very busy this time of the year, if you get a busy signal, suggest trying us later in the week.

At this time, we will not be accepting Email until further notice.

#8 1 year ago

That’s odd. I just got an order email on Monday and my order is on schedule to be here on Friday.

#9 1 year ago

When did you order?

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from GILV:

When did you order?

I sent the email on Sunday and Jimmy responded back telling me they dont have the rubber stoppers that go in the top of Williams aprons and all my stuff is being shipped and then I got the tracking email yesterday.
    You should email again, I think if you email during there off times they dont even check those emails, or maybe they are blocked and you get the auto reply.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

I sent the email on Sunday and Jimmy responded back telling me they dont have the rubber stoppers that go in the top of Williams aprons and all my stuff is being shipped and then I got the tracking email yesterday.
    You should email again, I think if you email during there off times they dont even check those emails, or maybe they are blocked and you get the auto reply.

I will try again, I emailed on a weekend, maybe that was the problem.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from GILV:

I will try again, I emailed on a weekend, maybe that was the problem.

Any luck with PBR?

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

Any luck with PBR?

I'm still thinking about it, cross border shipping is quite expensise, I might buy local instead.

#15 1 year ago

its just clear tint, you can prob run to your local tint shop and the person will cut you off a few feet for $5. Mylar= tint.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.