(Topic ID: 180650)

Where to Buy Longer Locks for Backboxes?

By smileymatthew

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170207_121132 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Working on a couple of Bally's and the Backbox lock is about a 1/2 inch or so longer than the standard coin door lock. Been looking for these for a while. (See picture) Anyone have a source for these?

20170207_121132 (resized).jpg20170207_121132 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

7/8" locks may work. Most pinball suppliers carry them.

#3 7 years ago

I recently replaced the drilled one on my Star Trek. Got a 1-1/8 from Pinball Resource which was close but no cigar. So I visited a locksmith shop who had a 1-1/8 that worked much better oddly enough. He said the next size he had was 1-3/8 if I needed it. So you might try local.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-longer-locks-for-backboxes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.