(Topic ID: 112556)

Where to buy Indiana Jones Jackpot light mod? Anyone have one?

By Starscream

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5937.JPG
i-GrDrM4z-M.jpg
i-F3HB3XB-L.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Does anyone have, Or know of a vendor that has these in stock?

Hopefully "someone" on pinside snagged that one I was bidding on ebay yesterday lol,

I know you can make one too from 3 light sockets and a few pins to the powerboard but I'd like (if possible) a pcb based one like the prototype,

Can anyone help me out?

#3 9 years ago

There are a couple different style PCBs (the connectors are usually what is different) and all vendors don't carry the same one. If you might ever add a ColorDMD to your IJ then the one from Marco is the one to get, as it will fit between the speaker panel and the ColorDMD.

#4 9 years ago

I have the light-mod from Marco as I have a Color DMD. Now I just need a per drilled speaker panel for it or a template of where to cut my existing one. I heard the template exist but I've never come across one.

#5 9 years ago

This is where I got mine:

http://www.parts4pinballs.com/search.php?search_query=indiana+jones+jackpot

You have to find the back panel, which you might need to buy second hand. Someone has one here for sale in the market for $125 or so. Pricey, but there aren't many options anymore. You need the RGB LED board if you have a color DMD...the large homemade wooden rails with bulbs just won't work with it otherwise.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

I just need a pre-drilled speaker panel for it or a template of where to cut my existing one.

I made my own template using tracing paper and then transferring the cutouts needed over to the wood panel. I drilled holes in the corners and connected them with a coping saw, then used a dremel tool to smooth out the edges. Came out great.

#7 9 years ago

Yeah I'd want the one from marco it seems,
I might add a color DMD in the future,

But they are out of stock,

The parts4pinball's vendor, they are from Europe?

#8 9 years ago

Norway. But fast shipping and well worth the price. I'd highly recommend them to anyone skittish about ordering from overseas.

#9 9 years ago

I emailed them to see if they were in stock,

This seems like the only vendor showing stock of these

#10 9 years ago

Got mine from parts4pinball and used the tracing paper method. Came out great!! I just searched the connectors and was easy to find. One should go to J133/J134/J135 (Lamp Rows) and the other to J137/J138 (Lamp Columns.) Doesn't matter which one you choose, they are on the same circuit. Just pick the one that is empty.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I made my own template using tracing paper and then transferring the cutouts needed over to the wood panel. I drilled holes in the corners and connected them with a coping saw, then used a dremel tool to smooth out the edges. Came out great.

Great idea, I'll do that. Just got a brand new dremel setup delivered the other day.

#12 9 years ago

If they are out of stock (still awaiting their reply) what IDC connectors do you need to buy to just build your own?

I never get the sizes right when I order them

#13 9 years ago

Bump for anyone,

Never heard back from parts4pinballs so I might just make my own,
I have 3 light sockets and spare wires, Just need to know the IDC connector sizes if anyone could help me out with them?

#14 9 years ago

J133-J135 are 0.100 inch connectors; J136-J138 are 0.156 inch connectors.

A few months back Pinball Spare Parts (Australia) was selling original jackpot and rope bridge light boards made by Williams; apparently they found some among the stuff they purchased from Illinois Pin Ball.

#15 9 years ago

Just order them from parts4pinballs. I did about 3 weeks ago and they come with the connectors attached. They work like they should and are a quality product, with prompt shipping. I don't know why you have to ask if they are in stock when they are on the website.

#16 9 years ago

Awesome thanks guys

and good tip on the Australian parts place too,
Quite cheap, and they show in stock too, Missing the wire by the looks of it to the backbox but hey can't have it all

#17 9 years ago

Just keep in mind that if you plan to get a color DMD, not all lighting options will work.

#18 9 years ago

Never heard back from parts4pinballs, and now its showing NOT in stock from their website,
Can't say I'm too impressed with the customer service, A simple email would have been nice

Awaiting a reply from the Aussie place too, That looks like the last vendor to show stock but I need the wiring,

Ughhh, I really don't want to do a DIY job with this and a few bulb holders but its looking more and more thats going to be the only option

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Never heard back from parts4pinballs, and now its showing NOT in stock from their website,
Can't say I'm too impressed with the customer service, A simple email would have been nice
Awaiting a reply from the Aussie place too, That looks like the last vendor to show stock but I need the wiring,
Ughhh, I really don't want to do a DIY job with this and a few bulb holders but its looking more and more thats going to be the only option

They're in Norway. It's f-ing dark there 24 hours a day right now and they can't remember where they put the f-ing laptop!

So, lookie what I found for you:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824

You owe me a beer, and Merry Christmas!

#20 9 years ago

HOLY CHEESE BALLS!

MINE!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

They're in Norway. It's f-ing dark there 24 hours a day right now and they can't remember where they put the f-ing laptop!
So, lookie what I found for you:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824
You owe me a beer, and Merry Christmas!

Will that one work with a color DMD?
Thanks,
Steve

#22 9 years ago

Yes. Same general size as the Norwegian one. You only have about a 1/4 inch of room under the color dmd. I used very thin washers to keep the board away from the wood panel. It fit nicely.

1 week later
#23 9 years ago

OK, we finally have our prototypes.

i-F3HB3XB-L.jpgi-F3HB3XB-L.jpg

These boards are designed to work with the color DMD. They have diode protection, high brightness, wide angle LEDs, and capacitors. These features give much greater brightness and reliability than a basic LED design.

1) If the wires are soldered to the board (rather than using a connector) the back side of the board is flat with no rough edges. We'll do connectors when we get the final wood completed, as we have to put in a recess.

2) The board needs the back panel modified to accept the capacitors. We will likely move to three capacitors on shipping boards.May also need some small divots for the diodes. We'll make templates.

3) We have some seconds from previous runs of IJ backboards. These either have distorted cutouts (we provide a mask) or are cut with a recess that it is bit thin on the top side. They still need modifying.

More images here:
http://mrtn.smugmug.com/Other/2014-12-27/46597191_3LQ6Rm#!i=3788012955&k=TJ7K3f3

We'll have these up on Pinbits later, but please bear in mind that you will still need to do a little drilling and experimenting.
i-GrDrM4z-M.jpgi-GrDrM4z-M.jpg

So to use with regular DMD:
Modify your backboard, or buy one of ours and paint it

To use with Color DMD
Request unit with soldered wires
Purchase one of our backboards (seconds only right now) and drill holes for caps
OR modify your backbox.

Our backboxes are designed for 5.25" speakers, but we do have adapter rings if you must use the original.

#24 9 years ago

I just got the color DMD, and already have the pinbits IJ board with the LED's, I can remove and flatten the header connector, however, it has the raised caps. I think the latest version does too, so what modification do I need to make or will it fit under the colordmd with these caps? Or do I need to order the latest Pinbits version?

IMG_5937.JPGIMG_5937.JPG
#25 9 years ago

I think you might get away with it.There's only 1/4" to work with.

1) Remove header, replace with direct wire on LED side.
2) Move capacitors to LED side of the board. Get the polarity right.
3) Drill holes in the speaker panel to accommodate the capacitors.

This might get you close enough. You can always add washers under the colorDMD spacers.

1 year later
#26 8 years ago

I'm looking for this board too. I heard that someone named Mike Payne had a few to sell. Does anyone here know how I could reach him?

#27 8 years ago

Yea I would like to know were to get one also.
Seems everyone is out of stock.

#28 8 years ago

I have an extra, it's the original style - send a PM if interested..Thank you

#29 8 years ago

Yeah...I have the wooden one with light sockets on it. It won't work with a color DMD, but I'd be happy to sell it to somebody who doesn't use color DMD and wants one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-indiana-jones-jackpot-light-mod-anyone-have-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.