• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by freddy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 2 years ago

Has anyone purchased reproduction topper decals for their Taxi where the black is actually black when it's lit not translucent? And if so where from?

I bought a set from classic arcades for my last taxi and they looked great until i turned the game on and then they were translucent/light gray. And that was with stock incandescent bulbs up there. I contacted Marco and they stated that the ones they stock are also translucent'ish when lit. My topper is OEM and not yellow or cracked, but the main decal is a little beat up/scratched up. I'll touch it up with black paint before i remove it and replace it with an inferior reproduction again.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Oldschool77:

Has anyone purchased reproduction topper decals for their Taxi where the black is actually black when it's lit not translucent? And if so where from?
I bought a set from classic arcades for my last taxi and they looked great until i turned the game on and then they were translucent/light gray. And that was with stock incandescent bulbs up there. I contacted Marco and they stated that the ones they stock are also translucent'ish when lit. My topper is OEM and not yellow or cracked, but the main decal is a little beat up/scratched up. I'll touch it up with black paint before i remove it and replace it with an inferior reproduction again.

if you can't find a better decal place a second decal over the first one this will double the thickness of the black. apply with a wet method so you can align .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside