(Topic ID: 111450)

Where to buy glass in Northern NJ??

By pinster68

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Before I go and spend big bucks for Marco Spec to send me a sheet of widebody glass (24-5/8 X 48-3/8) for my Devil's Dare ... anyone know a good source in Northern NJ?

I heard I can go to Betson in Moonachie, but would like to confirm, and know if there are other good options.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

#2 9 years ago

You could drive up to Poughkipsee to Steve Young at PB Resource...Its a good hour and a half from Bergen County though. I took the drive once from Totowa. It's pretty cool seeing the PB Resource factory though.

#3 9 years ago

call betson before you go to make sure they have glass in stock.joe

#4 9 years ago

If you go to betson the good news is they have many different games (all kinds of games) in their showroom to play while you wait an hour to get the glass. the bad news is it usually takes an hour to get the glass for some reason. (call and make sure they have it and tell them when you're coming to get it…..and then it may take only 45 minutes! lol).

#5 9 years ago

Well I called Betson and spoke to a very nice lady "Martha". She took all the information, researched it, then called me back and said to call Pinball Resource.

#6 9 years ago

I picked up the glass for my virtual cab at Snow's Glass and Mirror in Dover, NJ. I ended up making the cabinet just a smidge too wide where I did not feel comfortable with a standard sized piece of glass, so feeling it might not fit so I had them cut me a piece a little wider. the piece was tempered glass and cost me $80, which was the price of glass from pinballlife.com but without the hassle and worry of shipping it let alone fitment since I suck at measuring apparently!

http://www.snowsglass.com/

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from njgsx96:

I picked up the glass for my virtual cab at Snow's Glass and Mirror in Dover, NJ. I ended up making the cabinet just a smidge too wide where I did not feel comfortable with a standard sized piece of glass, so feeling it might not fit so I had them cut me a piece a little wider. the piece was tempered glass and cost me $80, which was the price of glass from pinballlife.com but without the hassle and worry of shipping it let alone fitment since I suck at measuring apparently!
    http://www.snowsglass.com/

Thanks neighbor!

#8 9 years ago

That's good to know. There used to be a glass shop in Morristown but they're gone and I haven't found anyone else relatively close. It sucks waiting for the A-town show every year to get glass!

#9 9 years ago

I was happy with their service. Took just under a week. They will make any size and I think they are reasonably priced with no worry of shipping it.

#10 9 years ago

Just spoke to a nice fellow "Ken" nearby in Wyckoff. He largely serves commercial business but said he'd be happy to set me up with glass. He told me that tempered needs to be ordered, but it's perfectly doable, and in any size I want. I caught him right at closing so we didn't get into pricing, but I suspect it's not too far off from njgsx96's quote from Snow Glass. I'll follow-up when I get quotes.

Here's the info:

Superior Glass & Metal LLC
    445 W Main St
    Wyckoff, NJ 07481
    9:00 am – 5:00 pm, M-Th
    9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Fri
    superiorglass.org
    (201) 560-0500

#11 9 years ago

Nice, let us know. Always good to have options.

I shopped around local too and I had a few people say they could set me up and then came back with crazy numbers, like $225 (commercial place, you could tell the job was too small for him. I think he priced it to not have to do it) and $187 ($187 was a shower door place who couldn't do glass that thin, but had a "guy" that could do it). Snow Glass had to order it since it was tempered but took less than a week and was $80.25, tax included. Just found the receipt.

#12 9 years ago

Any commercial glass shop should be able to order clear 3/16" tempered glass for you. I did this at my last job. They charge on the next even inch. If your piece is 21" x 35" you are charged at 22"x 36" and so much per square foot. Only a tempering facility can make tempered glass. It must be ordered to size and then run through the oven. You can not cut glass once it is tempered.

You can ask for the glass to be non logoed. Hope this helps.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-glass-in-northern-nj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.