Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jackie-chan-mr-condom (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

A friend bought a bulk set from AliExpress (popular Chinese site here in the US) for like $1 or a couple of bucks. Fuses are fuses. They seemed to work as intended. Other places are too damn expensive for a tiny bit of metal and glass.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

However I take the quality of the rubbers I choose to use very seriously.

jackie-chan-mr-condom (resized).jpgjackie-chan-mr-condom (resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I think that's a bad risk. As an item designed to prevent a fire or other serious damage untested Chinese fuses have no place in my machines.

Since they're so cheap I'm sure you could do some testing yourself.

I probably wouldn't stick 'em in the line fuse but for backbox lights or something I wouldn't think twice about it.

It's not like you're watching the manufacture of any other fuse anyways, hell, all the fuses on those $50 "fuse kit" eBay listings probably come from the same place. If anything, I would figure the stereotypical "China quality" to be that they blow too easily. I never bought any myself - I ask friends for them under the rare occasion that I need new ones. Unless you're doing some fixing on a machine that really loves to shove some amps through the fuse block (burnt shorted coils... booooo. they blow 'em fast) I find that I'm decently good at making sure not to leave the machine on too long with something locked on. As for lighting, I think I've only blown one of those once, only way to really blow those in EMs is just being fairly clumsy. (if your machine is wired correctly and operating well of course, tracking down a problem is a different story of course!)

Other than that if a machine comes with one blown I either steal them out of another machine for testing or just buy what I need locally. I think Home Depot carries them now?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-fuses?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.