Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Need a full set for the adams family. Sent email 10 days ago followed up twice with him since then. Still don't have warm fuzzy that they will ship anytime soon. Wondering if anyone else has a set for sale?

#2 9 years ago

I know Cliffy is a busy man, this pinballstuff is a sidejob, but must admit that 10 days is a long stretch, also for Cliffy. Hope nothing is wrong with him and that it is just a holiday which is causing this issue

Other possibility, which emailadres did you use? His mailadress is : [email protected]

#3 9 years ago

Cliffy is usually ultra responsive and fast with shipment. I've never had an issue - maybe something is going on with your email getting to him (spam folder, other). Anyway, you can buy those protectors via Bay Area Amusements (full set).
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RP-TAF6

#4 9 years ago

Ive recieved confirmation that he received my email. Received one back making sure he received my original. I'll check Bay Area amusements

#5 9 years ago

Second the thumbs up for Cliffy. He's always super responsive. I emailed him Monday, heard back quickly.

#6 9 years ago

He took a while to respond to my last order request, seemed like he was a bit behind. Give him some time, he will get back to you.

#7 9 years ago

Odd that Marco doesn't carry Cliffys, most other vendors seem to...

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Odd that Marco doesn't carry Cliffys, most other vendors seem to...

May just be due to their desired wholesale price versus other vendors. Ideally it's great to get your product out there to any and all distributors, but they all have different models they work off of and some are more reasonable in respect to something being unique and making less profit to offer larger selection versus just some standard wholesale percentage and considering anything from rings, bulbs, etc the same as circuit boards or Cliffys.

---
http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
Kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#9 9 years ago

Cliffy has always been super fast for me. Maybe the email didn't make it through to his inbox properly (try emailing him from a different email). Sent a request just late night for some switch protectors and had a reply and invoice within an hour.

#10 9 years ago

Let me state right off that I am a big fan of Cliffys. I have put several of his protectors on my machines. But, I must say that I have had problems with the magnet protectors. Four (from three different machines) have had to be removed because of curling. They generally last between 3 and 6 months. I know a lot of people will say "your not cleaning the area correctly", etc. Well, I am. I am just curious if anyone else has had this problem?

#11 9 years ago

He responded to an email that I sent asking if he received my first email. So yes he got my email. That was Sunday 10 days ago. Sent another emai. Received one back that he was mad at some engineer at work. Still no email saying here is an invoice please pay so I can ship your product.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

Let me state right off that I am a big fan of Cliffys. I have put several of his protectors on my machines. But, I must say that I have had problems with the magnet protectors. Four (from three different machines) have had to be removed because of curling. They generally last between 3 and 6 months. I know a lot of people will say "your not cleaning the area correctly", etc. Well, I am. I am just curious if anyone else has had this problem?

I have a Cliffy hole protector on a LAH -- the hole was pretty beat up and someone had fixed it up some with epoxy, but the Cliffy sat flush enough with the playfield and looked great. Over time tho it started curling at the edge of the protector, I'd assume due to it giving in some areas since the area around the hole wasn't perfectly flat/formed. I was wondering if this might happen even if the area was perfectly flat though, just over time with the ball catching the lip of the protector ever so slightly hundreds of times and eventually creating a very tiny gap under the lip and then getting worse from there. Like a "just the nature of wear from use" type of thing. Not sure if some people are using double-sided sticky tape on the bottom of the protector at the edges the ball would hit? Anyway, I attribute my protector having issues because of my own laziness in not repairing the hole perfectly flat/formed and don't blame the design, but I don't have any others installed in any machines to compare one that actually had a chance

---
http://www.pinitech.com - "Pinball Inspired Technology"
Kits, upgrades and test equipment for pinball machines

#13 9 years ago

At any given weekend, he has to answer a lot of emails on Monday, I'm sure he'll get to it (he always does).

Steve

Quoted from OldHarley:

He responded to an email that I sent asking if he received my first email. So yes he got my email. That was Sunday 10 days ago. Sent another emai. Received one back that he was mad at some engineer at work. Still no email saying here is an invoice please pay so I can ship your product.

#14 9 years ago

x2 I emailed him about three weeks ago, got an initial response about 12 hours later and then never heard anything back.

Like Rensh said earlier.... hes a busy man and this really is only a side project for him.

Just buy them from bayareaamusements.com.

#15 9 years ago

I've dealt with Cliff directly because most sites are sold out of his protectors for the games I need.

There have been instances where there's been either a delay (a few days) in responding to email requests for orders. Most likely because he gets a ton of emails, and that this is a side business for him. However, once he gets the order via email, he processes it via a PayPal request for payment. Again, in my experience, most shipments take a week or less, but it does depend on how busy he is otherwise, it could take longer.

That's why he has distributors for his products, he doesn't have the business infrastructure to deal with taking and shipping out orders on a daily or full time basis.

I understand that dealing with Cliff directly may take a little longer, but it's worth any delays as I have always gotten what I requested/ordered from Cliff, and most often the protectors were/are not available anywhere else. Just deal with it.

#16 9 years ago

Ordered the full Star Trek Premium set about a week ago. Cliff responded really fast and it is shipped already so no delay or anything. Was a real pleasure to deal with him.

Maybe he is out or on holiday ?

#17 9 years ago

Cliffy rocks

#18 9 years ago

Cliff is usually fast. I will say try a different e-mail / Domain. My work e-mail gets caught in his spam folder like crazy. I email him from my yahoo, and it goes right through. I am sure hes there unless hes on vacation or something.

#19 9 years ago

Bought a full set of protectors for my IMVE. Emailed, paid for and shipped all in one day.

#20 9 years ago

cliff always responds with great products and service, everyone knows this!
Spent several hundred dollars over the fast few years getting products directly from him.

#21 9 years ago

NO HE DOESN'T...That was the point of the post. Since he hasn't responded and he list distributors on his web site I wanted to find a distributor that had this set in stock. Most of the sites do not carry much of his stuff. So I had seen some posts where he was on it fast. Sent email Sunday June 8th to him. Wed June 11th followed up with another email asking if he received my first email...received response from him yes he did. Then I followed up on June 16th received email back "sorry, at work and unbelievably pissed at am idiot damned engineer rtnow" . I've seen nothing since then. So I will now check with Bay Area and see if they have what I need.

#22 9 years ago

Or Maybe Grinder901 or perryd could place the order for me since I'm not getting the "all in one day" response here.

#23 9 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that bud. I'd be glad to help if you're serious.

#24 9 years ago

My frustration is that Bay Area has some of the cliffy's in stock but not all. They have the kit but it doesn't include the eject hole protector. I also wanted to get some Universal Switch Slot Protector (Rollover slots, etc) CLIFFY' but they are out of stock. So yes they have some but not all. I hate to pay shipping from two or three different vendors. I'll go back to his distributor list and see if I can find someone that has everything in stock.

#25 9 years ago

So none of the distributors has the entire kit. Lucky for me either Cliff's ears were ringing or he reads this site as I just received an email from him. Hopefully can get everything shipped out.

#26 9 years ago

Just sit tight. I'm sure he'll process your original order request once your turn in the queue comes up. He's probably just backlogged.

#27 9 years ago

Cliff has been very good about shipping most of the time. Give him a break though, he's not just working a second job and sending these on the side. He's developing new protectors, testing, ordering, more testing, stocking vendors, and filling orders from pinside, RGP, and other sites plus filling from his personal email. He seems a bit overwhelmed right now, prob because he is. I had the same thing happen last month sent a email for a invoice for IJ target for my stle and he didn't respond. Send him another one after about 10 days and he apologized profusly and sent it out that day. Definately wants to be there for us and he is. Things happen. He will take care of you, even if it's eventually

#28 9 years ago

Cliffy is very busy. I waited quite a while for him to get back to me for my WoZ stuff. It is worth the wait and your doing bidness with a good man. I still need to pay you Cliffy, I haven't forgotten you.

#29 9 years ago

Cliffy asked me to post the best email address to contact him at. It's [email protected] , I'd try it.

Steve

#30 9 years ago

Cliffy is now all over my order. Received my paypal invoice as well today.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Cliffy asked me to post the best email address to contact him at. It's [email protected] , I'd try it.
Steve

If that's actually his preferred email address (GMAIL), it's different than the address I've always used in the past.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If that's actually his preferred email address (GMAIL), it's different than the address I've always used in the past.

Recent threads I believe he has mention the new Gmail is her preferred.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

He may not be able to get to his Comcast address during the day...don't know for sure, but that's a guess.

Also, the last time we chatted so people know, he has something like 100 emails plus EVERY day.

So just getting thru them is a chore...then when people send multiple emails complaining that their last 4 emails went unanswered, you can see how that just slows things down even more.

He hasn't asked me to post anything about this, but I thought that people should know:

1. He has a day job.
2. He has a family.
3. He does the protector thing after his day job, on the weekends and on his holidays.
4. There are suppliers PPS, Pinball Life, etc. that send him large orders; and fairly often.
5. He's diligent about trying to please everyone…large order or small.
6. He’s human and can’t get to everything every day.
7. He's really a nice, helpful guy...who stops what he's doing to help people who ask him.
8. He works until around midnight every evening, goes to bed for a few hours, then hits the road at 4:30 am to go to his day job.

He'll no doubt correct me if I've over-stepped.

Robert

#34 9 years ago

I will also add to Robert's comments, Cliff dedicates his Fridays to knocking out orders. And, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that stops by and interrupts him regularly
Also, Passion for Pinball is an understatement! I loaned Cliffy my Congo so he could whip out a full set of protectors to make available. Not only did I get my machine back with the newly designed protectors installed, Cliff fixed a random switch issue and "welded" the plate to the shaft my broken Gray Gorilla on the lower playfield.
I'm glad you got everything straightened out for your order.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Drfurly:

I will also add to Robert's comments, Cliff dedicates his Fridays to knocking out orders. And, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that stops by and interrupts him regularly
Also, Passion for Pinball is an understatement! I loaned Cliffy my Congo so he could whip out a full set of protectors to make available. Not only did I get my machine back with the newly designed protectors installed, Cliff fixed a random switch issue and "welded" the plate to the shaft my broken Gray Gorilla on the lower playfield.
I'm glad you got everything straightened out for your order.

Whenever I am in the area I ALWAYS make a point to go and visit for a short amount of time. When I bought my White Water a buddy and I decided to randomly stop by and say hello. First words out of his mouth 'Do you really think you are the 1st guy to stop by un-announced with a pinball in the bed of a truck?'

#36 9 years ago

I too, am guilty of stopping by Cliff's from time to time and halting the production line.

Even when I insist that he keeps working when I drop by, he'll ignore the request and offer his full attention in pin-related discussions.
Cliff is good company.
Please add me to the list of people holding up your Cliffy orders from time to time. =)

-mof

#37 9 years ago

Cliffy's a heck of a guy, and I'm sure he's as disappointed that he didn't get a response out to you as you are. Not responding is not like him at all.

Having said that, many of us 'niche' pinball 'suppliers' aren't doing it full time - the margin isn't there to support a family and pay bills on it alone. We do it because we love pinball, and the extra income comes in handy to supplement our household and/or afford our own pins. Sometimes, life gets in the way and it takes longer than it should to respond. So, sometimes, we need a little slack cut. Feel free to send another e-mail or two to remind us, and hopefully that'll get us moving in the right direction. It's nothing personal - there's just a bigger 'fire' for us to put out immediately. Kids get sick, cars break down, day jobs demand 80 hour weeks sometimes..

Pinball people are the salt of the Earth 99% of the time. The problem is, that 1% of people can ruin the other 99% really quick.

I'm glad Cliffy got back with you, and got you fixed right up!

#38 9 years ago

I don't like those generic rollover switch protectors. I prefer the decals curly at littleshopofgames sells.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Cliffy's a heck of a guy, and I'm sure he's as disappointed that he didn't get a response out to you as you are. Not responding is not like him at all.
Having said that, many of us 'niche' pinball 'suppliers' aren't doing it full time - the margin isn't there to support a family and pay bills on it alone. We do it because we love pinball, and the extra income comes in handy to supplement our household and/or afford our own pins. Sometimes, life gets in the way and it takes longer than it should to respond. So, sometimes, we need a little slack cut. Feel free to send another e-mail or two to remind us, and hopefully that'll get us moving in the right direction. It's nothing personal - there's just a bigger 'fire' for us to put out immediately. Kids get sick, cars break down, day jobs demand 80 hour weeks sometimes..
Pinball people are the salt of the Earth 99% of the time. The problem is, that 1% of people can ruin the other 99% really quick.
I'm glad Cliffy got back with you, and got you fixed right up!

Exactly! It's a hobby for Cliffy (and John Wart Jr. whom I 'quoted' post from) and a few others out there who have also graciously helped me at times. There would be a big void w/out people like them.

#40 9 years ago

I hear you. As a business owner I understand time constraints. I appreciate the niche cliffy fills. What I don't understand is if he has all these distributors listed on his site but very few carry much. Pick one distributer put all his inventory on consignment and let them do what they do best ...distribute. Then cliffy can do more of what cliffy does best, engineer stuff. If cliffy wants to compete as a distributor then up the website to a shopping cart. Then 90% of the emails go away and people like me can place an order pay for it and happily await its arrival.

#41 9 years ago

I understand your point but, I vote for let Cliffy do it however he wants.

If he is happy, I am happy. His parts are awesome!

#42 9 years ago

Cliffy has always been very responsive and generous..
His products are great...
FYI..
I mentioned in an RGP post I needed a Pinbot Vortex and he sent it to me, at his expense, for free..
Rich

#43 9 years ago

Odd. I requested a STLE kit yesterday late afternoon via phone email.
Had an invoice in my inbox by 8pm.
Paid by PP today. Having got a ship notice yet; but expect one shortly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 180.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-cliffys-passion-for-pinball-unresponsive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.