(Topic ID: 285033)

Where to buy actual chrome leg bolts? ebay sux.

By d0n

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by d0n
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19A9469E-9BF7-49FA-8173-E81C63129EE0 (resized).png
IMG_20201212_114214 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210103_111529 (2) (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I need some chrome leg bolts for my CV that was chromed by hot rod arcade. A couple of them are stripped and 1 is broken. I check ebay and see this listing... ebay.com link: itm Pinball Leg Bolt Chrome Set of 8 Heavy Duty Bolts 5/8" Acorn Head 2 3/4" Long

They kind of look like chrome so I buy them. They arrived but are just regular bolts being hyped as "chrome".

The seller says... "Hi, Sorry these are the best bolts sold anywhere. They are chrome dipped heads not entire bolt and I have been in Business for 40 years and these are the best you are going to find. Sorry for do not like them."

There's no way these were "chrome dipped". Is anyone selling actual chrome bolts like the one on the right in my photo?

THANKS!
IMG_20210103_111529 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_20210103_111529 (2) (resized).jpg

IMG_20201212_114214 (resized).jpgIMG_20201212_114214 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Local hardware store

#3 3 years ago
19A9469E-9BF7-49FA-8173-E81C63129EE0 (resized).png19A9469E-9BF7-49FA-8173-E81C63129EE0 (resized).png
#4 3 years ago

I'd PM @sc93cobra. He runs pinballplating.com and often has parts in stock. You can see examples of his work here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingcom-chrome-brass-black-nickel-powder-coating

#5 3 years ago

I have seen that if you plate the threads of the bolts then the threads will be too thick for the leg bracket threads when you screw then into the cabinet, and that causes the stripping/breaking of the bolts and brackets. The only part that should be plated is the head of the bolts.

#6 3 years ago

Maybe not what you want, but chromed heads inherently will peel or flake off in time. You can take a steel head bolt and put in your drill chuck, spin up and hit with 220 grit, then 400. If that's not shiny enough you can hit with finer paper and metal polish and they will shine like chrome.

BTW, you can return the ones on ebay at no cost to you. Just open a return case as the items were not as described.

#7 3 years ago

Polish heads of stainless bolts to a mirror finish and you are good as others have said.

#8 3 years ago

I fell for that same seller claiming "Heavy duty" once and ONLY once. Typical ebay BS making false claims so buyers think there is a quality difference when there is Not. I would definitely return them through ebay as was mentioned previously

#9 3 years ago

I bought the same 'chrome bolts' probably from same seller and had same NOT chrome experience. Ebay return no-cost.

Use PinballPlating.com and get a set for $25. Done.

#10 3 years ago

Pinball life?

#11 3 years ago

PBL has colors, but only PinballPlating.com has actual chrome

#12 3 years ago

yeah, only a plater is gonna sell bolts like that.

#13 3 years ago

Years ago, I sent a load of motorcycle parts off the the chrome shop. The returned parts looked great. But it is a disappointment when you start installing the bolts and the chrome starts peeling off. It was probably a lousy prep job. but still.......

And wrenches don't like to fit a chromed bolt head very easily.

1 week later
#14 3 years ago

Thank you guys for the shout out! Don found me. I'm just seeing this thread.
Those in the pic (chrome ones) are our signature leg bolts and we do just sell them. Recently did a run of 400 of them for a collector.
You can see those and other new parts for sale here: http://www.pinballplating.com/new-parts
Always glad to help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

1 month later
#15 3 years ago
Quoted from sc93cobra:

Thank you guys for the shout out! Don found me. I'm just seeing this thread.
Those in the pic (chrome ones) are our signature leg bolts and we do just sell them. Recently did a run of 400 of them for a collector.
You can see those and other new parts for sale here: http://www.pinballplating.com/new-parts
Always glad to help!
Chris
[email protected]
www.pinballplating.com

I got em and am very happy with them! It's the little touches that make a game shine! Thanks Chris.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Ramon, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-actual-chrome-bolts-ebay-sux-?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.