6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.36.00 AM (resized).png
004 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrbill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

So I am looking hard for arcade machines from the 90s. I am having such a hard time! Found plenty of sites selling galaga, Pac man, multicades, and newer stuff but try to find a ghouls and ghosts, hook, or anything besides tmnt and NBA jam and your dead in the water. So many games I'd like to get but they seem to be extinct. Any help would be appreciated. I found a forum with a topic section for it but not nearly as well put together as this site when looking for games. Thanks guys!

ghouls and ghosts is a very popular title (along with ghosts and goblins). You will pay a premium to find one, especially if your looking for dedicated. You might want to consider getting a jamma cab and buying a multi board to play it. a g&g pcb alone is going to set you back $500+.

your problem is that someone local is into making multigames. He is buying everything that pops up. So you need to beat him to a deal. I would start running wanted arcade game ads in your area. maybe someone will contact you.

If your going to go multi game pcb, just find a street fighter style cabinet. 2 joystick 6 buttons.

if your set on having a dedicated ghouls and ghosts, then be prepared to spend about $1k+ and then a few hundred on shipping.

post on klov forums and maybe someone local can help you. If you want to order online, maybe try http://www.tntamusements.com/store/

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Most of the interesting stuff that was produced in lower numbers appeared in kit form so it was put into an old Joust cabinet or something. All of the 80's collectors have found most of those and restored them to Joust games and the parts from the kit game probably went to ebay.

there is a dedicated G&G. its pretty rare. It looks a little like a robotron with and over under coin door. You should probably settle with finding a dynamo hs1 (like the forgotten worlds cabinet next to this pic). Its pretty close. If you have the have the dedicated, then your talking something shipped and more coin..

004 (resized).JPG004 (resized).JPG

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

If it's not on the op's list, I'm looking for a dedicated Crazy Climber and also a Kangaroo.

there are 6 or more versions of crazy climber. nichtubitsu dedicated deluxe, cabaret and cocktail. Then there is taito upright, cabaret and cocktail. In the USA, your probably after the taito regular upright(orange cab).

Kangaroo should be doable. CC will be a bit more effort as its more desirable. Check in with KLOV and you might be able to find those locally. The only spare CC I have is a nichtubitsu cocktail.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyk:

I'm looking for
Either mega man title
Ghouls and ghosts
Ghosts and goblins
Tron
Discs of tron
For right now due to limited space until I find a way to make my garage have an ac unit. I know majority right there are more 80s titles but still hard to find save Maybe the trons. I am really into almost any shmup game past that but most I have found that interest me come on board form only and I have not seen dedicated cabs with the exception of the rtype and gradius series. Never seen a dedicated for a cave game.

you have expensive tastes in UR's. tron and discs of tron are very propular. Edot is something that can easily get damaged shipping, so you might need to road trip to get one. I saw you posted on klov. hopefully you can find what your looking for.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I wish MK and Area 51 came up around here

most of the mks ended up getting converted. So if you know what the cabs look like, find one and deconvert it. Sometimes you can get lucky and you can find one with great side art. if not, they sell art kits. MK and area 51 are jamma. so find a local jamma cab. Maybe look for tekken cabs. they are probably in a cab like mk and they are cheap as people don't want them.

swapping jamma pcbs can get expensive. the multi pcbs are p[robably good enough for most people. look into pandora 4, game elf, arcade sd. If you want to play cps2 games look into the darksoft multi pcb.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mrbill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-1990s-arcade-machines-online?tu=Mrbill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.