1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Chippewa-Pin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.36.00 AM (resized).png
004 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

So I am looking hard for arcade machines from the 90s. I am having such a hard time! Found plenty of sites selling galaga, Pac man, multicades, and newer stuff but try to find a ghouls and ghosts, hook, or anything besides tmnt and NBA jam and your dead in the water. So many games I'd like to get but they seem to be extinct. Any help would be appreciated. I found a forum with a topic section for it but not nearly as well put together as this site when looking for games. Thanks guys!

#2 1 year ago

Start a thread on klov, and you will be pointed in the right direction

#3 1 year ago

You have to search on Craigslist a lot. Put in searches around your area and then save them and have alerts sent to your email.

Letgo has been good to me. I have found 6 or 7 that way.

Facebook marketplace. Do a search and get alerts to items listed in your area.

Get to know all the arcade collectors within 200 miles. A lot are found and then traded or sold cheap to friends.

Also tell everyone you meet you are looking for them, sometimes you'll find a few.

#4 1 year ago

The thing is, aside from the Street Fighters, Mortal Kombats, NBA Jams and the like, most 90s games saw much lower production runs than the "golden age" classics. They typically ARE a little harder to find. Many games from this era were also conversions.

KLOV, local FB groups, and networking with area collectors will help immensely.

#5 1 year ago

My biggest problem is my area. Tried Craig's list a lot. Mks and area 51s seem to be the only thing that surfaces. Trying the other forum now. Looking for close by is going to be hard. I need to find people willing to ship, again, why I love this site so much. You post an ad and people can see it. So we'll organized. Was wondering if there was something similar to the market place. Makes it much easier than posting a wanted ad.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyk:

So I am looking hard for arcade machines from the 90s. I am having such a hard time! Found plenty of sites selling galaga, Pac man, multicades, and newer stuff but try to find a ghouls and ghosts, hook, or anything besides tmnt and NBA jam and your dead in the water. So many games I'd like to get but they seem to be extinct. Any help would be appreciated. I found a forum with a topic section for it but not nearly as well put together as this site when looking for games. Thanks guys!

I collect and operate arcade & pinball from the 90s,
I'm always up for wheel'n and deal'n

#7 1 year ago

P.S... the unique stuff is quite hard to find these days but it's out there somewhere.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I collect and operate arcade & pinball from the 90s,
I'm always up for wheel'n and deal'n

Good to hear! I would be starting fresh heh I actually just recently got my first house and first pin thanks to this site. Got a few I am looking for. If you have any you are interested in selling let me know. I am looking for some easier to find 80s machines as well but would like to start off with a 90s one. The early to mid 90s was kinda my nostalgia era.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyk:

ghouls and ghosts is a very popular title (along with ghosts and goblins). You will pay a premium to find one, especially if your looking for dedicated. You might want to consider getting a jamma cab and buying a multi board to play it. a g&g pcb alone is going to set you back $500+.

your problem is that someone local is into making multigames. He is buying everything that pops up. So you need to beat him to a deal. I would start running wanted arcade game ads in your area. maybe someone will contact you.

If your going to go multi game pcb, just find a street fighter style cabinet. 2 joystick 6 buttons.

if your set on having a dedicated ghouls and ghosts, then be prepared to spend about $1k+ and then a few hundred on shipping.

post on klov forums and maybe someone local can help you. If you want to order online, maybe try http://www.tntamusements.com/store/

#10 1 year ago

Deffinetly looking for dedicated. Already planed on making my own multicade and have put tons of work into hyperspin as I plan on making a dedicated computer into a super console as well. There are just a few cabs I wanted dedicated weather it's because of how nostalgic they are or because of unique controls like tron. I don't mind paying as long as I'm getting a quality product. Already posted on the other forum and they suggested Tod as well. Was already thinking that but after the great deal I got on pinside for my last pin thought it wouldn't hurt to see if there wasn't something similar to the market place for arcade games .

#11 1 year ago

What titles are you looking for besides Ghouls & Ghosts?

#12 1 year ago

Most of the interesting stuff that was produced in lower numbers appeared in kit form so it was put into an old Joust cabinet or something. All of the 80's collectors have found most of those and restored them to Joust games and the parts from the kit game probably went to ebay.

#13 1 year ago

If it's not on the op's list, I'm looking for a dedicated Crazy Climber and also a Kangaroo.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Most of the interesting stuff that was produced in lower numbers appeared in kit form so it was put into an old Joust cabinet or something. All of the 80's collectors have found most of those and restored them to Joust games and the parts from the kit game probably went to ebay.

there is a dedicated G&G. its pretty rare. It looks a little like a robotron with and over under coin door. You should probably settle with finding a dynamo hs1 (like the forgotten worlds cabinet next to this pic). Its pretty close. If you have the have the dedicated, then your talking something shipped and more coin..

004 (resized).JPG

#15 1 year ago

I'm looking for
Either mega man title
Ghouls and ghosts
Ghosts and goblins
Tron
Discs of tron

For right now due to limited space until I find a way to make my garage have an ac unit. I know majority right there are more 80s titles but still hard to find save Maybe the trons. I am really into almost any shmup game past that but most I have found that interest me come on board form only and I have not seen dedicated cabs with the exception of the rtype and gradius series. Never seen a dedicated for a cave game.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

If it's not on the op's list, I'm looking for a dedicated Crazy Climber and also a Kangaroo.

there are 6 or more versions of crazy climber. nichtubitsu dedicated deluxe, cabaret and cocktail. Then there is taito upright, cabaret and cocktail. In the USA, your probably after the taito regular upright(orange cab).

Kangaroo should be doable. CC will be a bit more effort as its more desirable. Check in with KLOV and you might be able to find those locally. The only spare CC I have is a nichtubitsu cocktail.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyk:

I'm looking for
Either mega man title
Ghouls and ghosts
Ghosts and goblins
Tron
Discs of tron
For right now due to limited space until I find a way to make my garage have an ac unit. I know majority right there are more 80s titles but still hard to find save Maybe the trons. I am really into almost any shmup game past that but most I have found that interest me come on board form only and I have not seen dedicated cabs with the exception of the rtype and gradius series. Never seen a dedicated for a cave game.

you have expensive tastes in UR's. tron and discs of tron are very propular. Edot is something that can easily get damaged shipping, so you might need to road trip to get one. I saw you posted on klov. hopefully you can find what your looking for.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyk:

My biggest problem is my area. Tried Craig's list a lot. Mks and area 51s seem to be the only thing that surfaces. Trying the other forum now. Looking for close by is going to be hard. I need to find people willing to ship, again, why I love this site so much. You post an ad and people can see it. So we'll organized. Was wondering if there was something similar to the market place. Makes it much easier than posting a wanted ad.

I wish MK and Area 51 came up around here

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

there are 6 or more versions of crazy climber. nichtubitsu dedicated deluxe, cabaret and cocktail. Then there is taito upright, cabaret and cocktail. In the USA, your probably after the taito regular upright(orange cab).
Kangaroo should be doable. CC will be a bit more effort as its more desirable. Check in with KLOV and you might be able to find those locally. The only spare CC I have is a nichtubitsu cocktail.

I've been watching KLOV for awhile for a CC. A few Kangaroos have come up local (within 100 miles), but were gone quick.

A cocktail CC would be a really unique add to the game room. I'm interested in it if you're selling.

#20 1 year ago

Watching KLOV and CL are probably the best bet, but talk to local collectors and operators as much as you can too. At least in my area a lot of us know each other and keep in touch and collect both pins and vids, so having other people keep an eye out is a great way to track stuff down. Don't pay retail!

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

you have expensive tastes in UR's. tron and discs of tron are very propular. Edot is something that can easily get damaged shipping, so you might need to road trip to get one. I saw you posted on klov. hopefully you can find what your looking for.

Yeah seems to be my problem with everything. The one system I like to collect is saturn lucky me..... . There are more 90s machines I am looking for but I'll be honest, I'm going to have to look at my mame collection to find out the names. There was a robot beat em up and a top down hack n slash that had a guy with a spinning spike ball. There were a ton of beat em ups. I'll post back with a better list.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Yeah seems to be my problem with everything. The one system I like to collect is saturn lucky me..... . There are more 90s machines I am looking for but I'll be honest, I'm going to have to look at my mame collection to find out the names. There was a robot beat em up and a top down hack n slash that had a guy with a spinning spike ball. There were a ton of beat em ups. I'll post back with a better list.

Please understand that this is coming from someone that has collected arcade games for 18 years.

I know what you are seeking (primarily 90's arcade games) but unfortunately there were very few DEDICATED 90's arcade games after the NBA JAM, MKII arcade fighting craze died down. The games mostly came in generic cabinets with "stickers" for side art. Aside from gun games and environmental/interactive stuff in the 90's, if you want to play the shooters and other titles that you were alluding to on an original arcade cabinet, you will need to track down a LOCAL source for a couple of generic Dynamo CABINETS (one vertical, one horizontal) and just buy a few JAMMA boards that you like.

That's exactly what the operators back in the day did and you are going to have to do the same to get playable versions of most of those titles that you are looking to play.

Once you have a few JAMMA cabinets, you can much more easily find the JAMMA PCB's on eBay that you like just and just swap those JAMMA boards in and out as you like.

I know what you want and I'm telling you that you are not going to find it in a dedicated ready to go cabinet. It took me 5 years to track down all the parts to build a dedicated (fairly common?) SFII Turbo Hyper and I refuse to sell it because I know how hard it is to find one these days. I built that game local, using some of the contacts and resources that I made over the years. You can do the same.

Early 90's titles are really getting scarce everywhere. Those games were converted to other games and on and on until the cabinets were unusable and the operators smashed the cabinets and kept the boards and now those are the boards that you are buying on eBay. Sad but true.

Regarding tracking down the 80's titles, I also agree about trying to make some contacts around you who collect arcade games. That network of folks is going to be able to help you get what you want MUCH cheaper and more EFFICIENTLY than buying "ready to play cabinets over the internet".

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Please understand that this is coming from someone that has collected arcade games for 18 years.
I know what you are seeking (primarily 90's arcade games) but unfortunately there were very few DEDICATED 90's arcade games after the NBA JAM, MKII arcade fighting craze died down. Aside from gun games and environmental/interactive stuff in the 90's, if you want to play the shooters and other titles that you were alluding to on an original arcade cabinet, you will need to track down a LOCAL source for a couple of generic Dynamo CABINETS (one vertical, one horizontal) and just buy a few JAMMA boards that you like.
That's exactly what the operators back in the day did and you are going to have to do the same to get playable versions of most of those titles that you are looking to play.
Once you have a few JAMMA cabinets, you can much more easily find the JAMMA PCB's on eBay that you like just and just swap those JAMMA boards in and out as you like.
I know what you want and I'm telling you that you are not going to find it in a dedicated ready to go cabinet. It took me 5 years to track down all the parts to build a dedicated (fairly common?) SFII Turbo Hyper and I refuse to sell it because I know how hard it is to find one these days. Early 90's titles are really getting scarce everywhere. Those games were converted to other games and on and on until the cabinets were unusable and the operators smashed the cabinets and kept the boards and now those are the boards that you are buying on eBay. Sad but true.
Regarding tracking down the 80's titles, I also agree about trying to make some contacts around you who collect arcade games. That network of folks is going to be able to help you get what you want MUCH cheaper and more EFFICIENTLY than buying "ready to play cabinets over the internet".

Appreciate the info. I know there is a website that makes old school looking wood arcade cabinets that are empty. Maybe converting that would be the best way to get an authentic feel if I can find some good artwork to stick on the side? Still very new to collecting these things because I've never had the room or funds until now so any info like that load me up with. I'll soak it in and learn.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

most of the mks ended up getting converted. So if you know what the cabs look like, find one and deconvert it. Sometimes you can get lucky and you can find one with great side art. if not, they sell art kits. MK and area 51 are jamma. so find a local jamma cab. Maybe look for tekken cabs. they are probably in a cab like mk and they are cheap as people don't want them.

swapping jamma pcbs can get expensive. the multi pcbs are p[robably good enough for most people. look into pandora 4, game elf, arcade sd. If you want to play cps2 games look into the darksoft multi pcb.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I picked up an Area 51/Maximum Force combo two weeks ago for $150 . The problem is when they do come up in most places, barcades (or operators) snatch them up because they still earn well on location. I'd love an MK2 or UMK3, but I'm not willing to pay the $700+ people are getting for them, at least in my area.

#26 1 year ago

So called a few places and emailed tnt. Pretty much getting the same consensus and that's that if it's not galaga or Ms Pacman than your looking for something "obscure". Also heard there are a few guys out there who do imports as well which I would like to look at a few games there is anyone has any leads.

#27 1 year ago

Still looking in the wrong places.

Get on the Facebook Arcades for sale groups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/499649376898165/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Arcade4sale/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/arcadecollectorsworldwide/

Start trying to find local people. Do not look to Re-sellers and flippers.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyk:

So called a few places and emailed tnt. Pretty much getting the same consensus and that's that if it's not galaga or Ms Pacman than your looking for something "obscure". Also heard there are a few guys out there who do imports as well which I would like to look at a few games there is anyone has any leads.

No! Why are you still looking on the internet for arcade games? As suggested, you should be using the internet to make contact with OTHER COLLECTORS, not resellers.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

Tried Facebook within 100 miles of my location. Everything is garbage. Same with Craig's list. The closest to something I would like in there was a revolution x 3 gun that needs a lot of love for 350. I'll check out those groups though. That I have not.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

No! Why are you still looking on the internet for arcade games? As suggested, you should be using the internet to make contact with OTHER COLLECTORS, not resellers.

Well I'll give it a try again. Again no one in my area selling anything. Not a ton of people willing to ship. I'm going to check out the group's mentioned on Facebook but without much more direction than make local contacts when there either aren't any when looking on Facebook or Craig's list I don't know what to do. Is there another site I don't know about? Check out Facebook market place and Craig's list for 100 miles starting in Venice Florida.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Tried Facebook within 100 miles of my location. Everything is garbage. Same with Craig's list. The closest to something I would like in there was a revolution x 3 gun that needs a lot of love for 350. I'll check out those groups though. That I have not.

You're checking the FB classifieds, you're doing it wrong. There are groups dedicated to arcade games, some dedicated to buying and selling even. Join those groups. I'm a member of many, stuff comes up for sale all the time.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Well I'll give it a try again. Again no one in my area selling anything. Not a ton of people willing to ship. I'm going to check out the group's mentioned on Facebook but without much more direction than make local contacts when there either aren't any when looking on Facebook or Craig's list I don't know what to do. Is there another site I don't know about? Check out Facebook market place and Craig's list for 100 miles starting in Venice Florida.

It sounds like you really just don't want to put in any effort and hand someone cash. This is just not going to work if you are looking local.

Here are the things that you can focus on:

Join Klov forums. You have to log in to be able to read/post in the forums (https://forums.arcade-museum.com)

Other social media groups like "arcade exchange" are more regional but they are still good for getting an idea of what stuff should sell for working or broken.

Auction sites like estatesales.net will list local estate sales in your city

CL is too popular now and stuff is bought instantly, look on other local for sale sites like offer up

Pinside forums - others here collect arcade games as well and I have seen a lot of people on this site buy and sell arcade machines:
read this thread-->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own

and search for other threads to track down the other Pinside members that are also arcade collectors.

You may also want to try to track down any old operators in your area. If you can find one with old stuff that barely works, you can find some good deals and teach yourself how to fix the machines. They are much easier to repair than pins.

In the attached image below, I found some places in Bradenton using pinballmap.com... You could check them out to see if they may have arcades as well and possibly ask the owner where he/she bought them. There has to be a local op/tech servicing those pins and that guy could possibly help you out because he knows where all the games are located.

You just have zero connections and need to make a few key contacts to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and local "arcade auctions" are typically a waste of time in my opinion so I would stay away from them for now.

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 9.36.00 AM (resized).png

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Well I'll give it a try again. Again no one in my area selling anything.

Also, you are not really looking for "people selling arcade games" in your area. You are looking for people that collect, work on, or operate arcade games in your area. Those people can help you with what you are looking to buy.

If you cast one net in a fish pond (internet), how many fish will you catch? Probably none.

If you cast 50 nets in a fish pond (internet plus 40 other sources), how many fish will you catch? I bet you snag a few.

These things take patience and you are not going to find 10 local games that you have been looking for in a week. It just doesn't work like this. If you maybe focus on tracking down 3 a year, that would be more realistic. It took me over 16 years to find the games I wanted.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It sounds like you really just don't want to put in any effort and hand someone cash. This is just not going to work if you are looking local.
Here are the things that you can focus on:
Join Klov forums. You have to log in to be able to read/post in the forums (https://forums.arcade-museum.com)
Other social media groups like "arcade exchange" are more regional but they are still good for getting an idea of what stuff should sell for working or broken.
Auction sites like estatesales.net will list local estate sales in your city
CL is too popular now and stuff is bought instantly, look on other local for sale sites like offer up
Pinside forums - others here collect arcade games as well and I have seen a lot of people on this site buy and sell arcade machines:
read this thread-->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-arcade-games-do-you-own
and search for other threads to track down the other Pinside members that are also arcade collectors.
You may also want to try to track down any old operators in your area. If you can find one with old stuff that barely works, you can find some good deals and teach yourself how to fix the machines. They are much easier to repair than pins.
In the attached image below, I found some places in Bradenton using pinballmap.com... You could check them out to see if they may have arcades as well and possibly ask the owner where he/she bought them. There has to be a local op/tech servicing those pins and that guy could possibly help you out because he knows where all the games are located.
You just have zero connections and need to make a few key contacts to get the ball rolling.
Oh, and local "arcade auctions" are typically a waste of time in my opinion so I would stay away from them for now.

Not that I dont want to put effort into it but when you work 80+ hours a week you get little time to do much more than internet.

Also not having any problems finding the pins I want. That's been easy and mostly thanks to this site.

Patience on the other hand is a bit of an issue. It will be my first cab so it's kinda eating at me.

Put up wanted ads on klov already for a few of the games and I got an offer from one person on some boards but I have nothing to put it into.

Found a guy on eBay who I had to call a separate company to hear back because they wouldn't respond to eBay messages so I might get lucky on a gate of doom today.

Put up posts on two of the face book groups group's mentioned on here and no hits yet. Just supportive people saying good luck no one wants/had those titles.

I get Sundays off every week and wife likes to spend time so internet is really my only option. Appreciate the group recommendations though. Gives me another "net" if you will.

Also Tampa is a 2 hour drive. I can make the trip but it won't do much good if everything is closed by the time I get there. Out of work by 9 at best. Might be 11 when I get there. Then back to work at 7 am. Not going to work much there.

Anyways I appreciate the group's especially on Facebook. I am getting quick responses which makes the wait easier. Thanks guys!

#35 1 year ago

There's a lot more arcade games than there are pinball machines. Many cabs were converterted, parted out, thrown away, ect over the years. Many are rotting away in warehouses still. Others are just fairly rare (I've never even seen a HOOK in person), to make matters worse a lot of the rarer ones are rare because they weren't popular. Because of this, operators didn't buy many of them, and those that did probably converted them to something else to try and recoup their losses. Finding specific arcade cabs is not something you usually get lucky and have your pick of the litter with. Finding specific titles requires patience and luck. The exact game you're looking for doesn't just pop up every day. Thats why you aren't getting hits immediately.

#36 1 year ago

I know there are a lot of haters here due to owners being allowed to bid on their own games etc., but if you are really motivated to buy, and willing to pay to ship, there are regularly many "Classic" videos that show up at Captains Auction Warehouse in Anaheim, CA. And he can pallet and ship if you want. He can even hold your paid purchases over to the next auction if you ask so you can consolidate shipping. He holds an auction about every 5-6 weeks. This last weekends auction had almost a whole row of classics. Many in nice shape. You can check out the games and prices here (start at page 3):

https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/bsccapt/catalogue-id-bsccapt10070?CategoryCode=OTI

Just remember that on site bidding adds 15% buyers premium and online Bidspotter bidding adds 18% to the listed hammer price. Plus the local 8% sales tax. So add 23% to 28% to those listed prices.

I am sure there are a few Pinsiders that are local and attend and could give you an honest opinion of certain games physical condition (Online Pictures always look better than the game in person).

In fact, you just missed a G&G that was for sale in the last Auction. It went for $700 plus fees which puts it at around $861. Which most collectors would probably consider quite high. But someone was willing to pay it, at least out in Southern Calif. Good luck on your "Quest"!

BTW, there was a regular upright Tron which went for $1400 before fees.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I know there are a lot of haters here due to owners being allowed to bid on their own games etc., but if you are really motivated to buy, and willing to pay to ship, there are regularly many "Classic" videos that show up at Captains Auction Warehouse in Anaheim, CA. And he can pallet and ship if you want. He can even hold your paid purchases over to the next auction if you ask so you can consolidate shipping. He holds an auction about every 5-6 weeks. This last weekends auction had almost a whole row of classics. Many in nice shape. You can check out the games and prices here (start at page 3):
https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/bsccapt/catalogue-id-bsccapt10070?CategoryCode=OTI
Just remember that on site bidding adds 15% buyers premium and online Bidspotter bidding adds 18% to the listed hammer price. Plus the local 8% sales tax. So add 23% to 28% to those listed prices.
I am sure there are a few Pinsiders that are local and attend and could give you an honest opinion of certain games physical condition (Online Pictures always look better than the game in person).
In fact, you just missed a G&G that was for sale in the last Auction. It went for $700 plus fees which puts it at around $861. Which most collectors would probably consider quite high. But someone was willing to pay it, at least out in Southern Calif. Good luck on your "Quest"!
BTW, there was a regular upright Tron which went for $1400 before fees.

These prices being mentioned are fine by me. Not bad at all when you compare other alternatives. Anything under a grand and in a cab that is in good shape is a steal when you compare it to major retailers.

I guess my next question would be if I wanted to get the boards and conversion kit and convert a cab, how would I know what fits the game best?

Also just checked out that auction site and it looks awesome. I bookmarked it and I'll read up on how to do things there. Some of those prices look amazing.

#38 1 year ago

Don't even think about buying a used machine without seeing it first unless you know the guy well.Pictures just don't show enough details 90 percent of the time.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

Just wanted to say thanks! The groups helped me score my first game and maybe a good relationship with a vendor just a couple states away who doesn't mind delivering. Also got it to me 150 bucks cheaper than the price listed on eBay from the guys who wouldn't get back to me. Love it!

#40 1 year ago

join the village. local to you, and none of that craigslist BS and less flakes:

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php

avoid arcade4sale, unless you like bait/switch.

#41 1 year ago

yeap, I'm originally from Tampa, bought quite a few from that site. Wish I could remember who but there is a guy in New Port Richey that has a garage full of arcade games for sale (20 to 30).

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Don't even think about buying a used machine without seeing it first unless you know the guy well.Pictures just don't show enough details 90 percent of the time.

Agreed. Don't buy any games online unless you have a way of having a trusted friend check them over first. Unless of course, the seller can provide hi res photos of the entire game, inside and out. Reproduction artwork can make a game look great but many times, the quality is pretty poor.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyk:

Just wanted to say thanks! The groups helped me score my first game and maybe a good relationship with a vendor just a couple states away who doesn't mind delivering. Also got it to me 150 bucks cheaper than the price listed on eBay from the guys who wouldn't get back to me. Love it!

Sounds like you're doing just fine now. Start making room for more games and warn your relatives!

Keep this in mind as well. The best deals I've ever got were me telling everyone I knew that I collect arcades and pins... I offered to pay every time but in all cases the games were all free. This happened to me more than once. People just want to give the games to someone they know can maintain them and keep them playing. I am always happy to oblige, since I love working on them. Trust me, the more you get away from "searching on eBay and CL for deals", the better off you will be. Your time is valuable and much better spent looking elsewhere. Leave eBay and CL to the newbie suckers in the hobby.

1 month later
#44 1 year ago

Anyone have a Track & Field for sale?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 4.00
Electronics
Professor Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 8,699.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 77.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside