3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by xsvtoys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Type 10 door 2 chutes.pdf (PDF preview)
    Type 6 door 2 chutes.pdf (PDF preview)
    Type 5 door 2 chutes.pdf (PDF preview)
    Type 4 door 3 chutes.pdf (PDF preview)
    Type 3 door 3 chutes.pdf (PDF preview)
    Type 2 door 3 chutes.pdf (PDF preview)
    Type 1 door 3 chutes.pdf (PDF preview)
    Coin door switches (resized).jpg
    Door Coin Chutes (resized).jpg
    Creditrelayno switch (resized).jpg
    CoinCAdplugs (resized).jpg
    3rdCC tag (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

Bally Flip Flop. Manual and schematic indicate setup for 3rd Coin Chute for which I connected adjustment plug on the front cabinet mounting board. However, there is no relay coil or switches for the 3rd coin chute only a tag on the board where the relay is suppose to be. Furthermore, I noticed one of the switches on the Credit relay has no wire connected to it.

3rdCC tag (resized).jpg3rdCC tag (resized).jpgCoinCAdplugs (resized).jpgCoinCAdplugs (resized).jpgCreditrelayno switch (resized).jpgCreditrelayno switch (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago
    Quoted from flopflip:

Bally Flip Flop. Manual and schematic indicate setup for 3rd Coin Chute for which I connected adjustment plug on the front cabinet mounting board. However, there is no relay coil or switches for the 3rd coin chute only a tag on the board where the relay is suppose to be. Furthermore, I noticed one of the switches on the Credit relay has no wire connected to it.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A shot in the dark here, but I’m fairly certain that was simply available for the operator who wanted to add it in himself. Lots of ops would add their own hacks or different coin chutes. I have an old Meteor setup for quarters and a 3rd slot for SBA dollar coins.

#3 3 years ago

The coin door on my machine has three slots one of which (center) is inaccessible. The one one the left has no trip wire for the quarter to activate a credit. The slot on the right is the only slot that functions. A quarter will add a credit, but it is not decremented when start button is pushed.

Coin door switches (resized).jpgCoin door switches (resized).jpgDoor Coin Chutes (resized).jpgDoor Coin Chutes (resized).jpg
    #4 3 years ago

Your machine was built with only two coin chutes. Thus there is no 3rd coin chute relay.

The 3rd coin chute was an option.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks for that information. So what DO I have on the Coin door? Is Right slot #1 Coin Chute or #2? Which is the left coin slot? Should I plug into the #2 coin chute adjustment block?

#6 3 years ago

In general, the slot next to the hinge is 1st chute (normally nickles), center slot is 2nd chute (normally dimes), slot closest to the lock is 3rd chute (normally quarters). Back in the day when your machine was made, the operator ordered the type of door and denominations he wanted. There should be a supplemental coin door schematic along with the regular machine schematic.

#7 3 years ago

Here are typical mid 1970's supplemental coin door schematics in case yours is no longer with your machine's service information. These are typical of Old Chicago, Twin Win, Capt Fantastic, Wizard, Flip Flop, etc. Some doors may have extra wires taped back and available for different coin denominations. Suggest prointing these schematics out and keeping them with the machine.

Type 1 door 3 chutes.pdfType 1 door 3 chutes.pdfType 10 door 2 chutes.pdfType 10 door 2 chutes.pdfType 2 door 3 chutes.pdfType 2 door 3 chutes.pdfType 3 door 3 chutes.pdfType 3 door 3 chutes.pdfType 4 door 3 chutes.pdfType 4 door 3 chutes.pdfType 5 door 2 chutes.pdfType 5 door 2 chutes.pdfType 6 door 2 chutes.pdfType 6 door 2 chutes.pdf

#8 3 years ago

Thank you. That solves it!

#9 3 years ago

Sometimes you have to gut it out and just go through all the wires in the coin door and figure out where they are going by tracing them and matching up the colors. That is what I had to do for my Bally Bon Voyage because what I saw didn’t match up with the schematic or any of the supplemental coin door schematics. So I just went through all the wires and figured it out for myself and redrew it. That process is described in this post in my BON Voyage thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-schematic-fully-described-from-beginning-to-end-bally-bon-voyage#post-3909686

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-s-my-3rd-coin-chute-relay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.