Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

screen-capture.png
    image.jpg
    flying_pig.jpg
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I cannot believe these morons at STERN have yet to release a real video of the game. This in my opinion shows you how poor they are at marketing. When you release a game, you do it with a bang, not a pea shooter. Have you ever heard of striking while the iron is hot. Now is the time when people are making decisions about what to keep or sell.............Get a clue Stern!

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in thread headers.

#2 10 years ago

Agree but calm down and stop yelling : )

#3 10 years ago

We'll have some video of the Pros on location within the next couple days.
    (Though like you, I'd prefer to see more on the LE and Premium)

#4 10 years ago

There is a nice little video on Facebook.

#5 10 years ago

Hey, it could be worse...like waiting years to buy one.

#6 10 years ago

I'd like to see a video of real game play too, but is this any different than any other Stern release?

I'd seriously like to know. I don't think that they've ever released gameplay footage within a week of the official announcement of the pin have they? Did they for MET?

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'd seriously like to know. I don't think that they've ever released gameplay footage within a week of the official announcement of the pin have they? Did they for MET?

No but I think with the pictures and shots they showed of the game everyone could more or less know how the "extra" features of the game worked more or less. This one some of the features, no one has a clue

#9 10 years ago

Thanks GAP, that is just what I needed!

#10 10 years ago

Funny stuff.Light years ahead of any Stern video......

#11 10 years ago

Dont worry l'll make one for them this weekend

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I'd like to see a video of real game play too, but is this any different than any other Stern release?

It's a different gig now with higher prices. Very stupid move on their part IMHO

#13 10 years ago

Don't they have to release the making of video before they release gameplay video?

#14 10 years ago

Back in the day, TheKorn (from RGP) used to put together these really well-produced sneak-peak videos of the newest Stern game at a local test location. The games were obviously early code and had flooded playfield plastics, but it was really cool anyway. This was around the SM and PoTC era and there is no telling how many pre-sales his sneak-peaks drove. Nevertheless, apparently Stern was... "unappreciative?" and he quit making them.

Too bad as it was a really fun thing to look forward to. I always appreciated the work he put into it and had a great time watching. May sound silly, but its one of the things I miss most about a new Stern hitting the streets.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

This one some of the features, no one has a clue

Steve Ritchie is probably rubbing his hands together and cackling right about now. He's got you guys right where he wants you. d

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It's a different gig now with higher prices. Very stupid move on their part IMHO

Really? You expect them to completely change the way that they've handled their releases since...forever...just because they raised their prices? Believe me, I'd like to see one too, but I don't understand why it seems that suddenly everyone is just expecting a video to have been released by now when they've never done it before.

#17 10 years ago

They don't even need a video. Just release the game with complete code and it will sell like hot cakes.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Really? You expect them to completely change the way that they've handled their releases since...forever...just because they raised their prices? Believe me, I'd like to see one too, but I don't understand why it seems that suddenly everyone is just expecting a video to have been released by now when they've never done it before.

Some people like something to watch or read while waiting.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

They don't even need a video. Just release the game with complete code and it will sell like hot cakes.

And that's even less likely than getting a video a week after the official announcement!

Quoted from cal50:

Including me!

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

flying_pig.jpgflying_pig.jpg
    When will we see the first Pros being released? Hoping someone on Pinside will post a video when it does.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

And that's even less likely than getting a video a week after the official announcement!

And I haven't even been drinking tonight!

#22 10 years ago

just heard one is in Australia and possibly going to be sited locally this weekend...

#23 10 years ago

I want to see the LE's and premiums more then the pros. But sadly they are not built yet.

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Really? You expect them to completely change the way that they've handled their releases since...forever...just because they raised their prices?

Yes I do........the way they have handled their "releases in the past" is not gonna work anymore...

Really? Just because they raised their prices on the LE by 700 and only 100 on the premium....yeah, I wanna know why

But if "pigs had wings"....like the Dude says!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Like "past releases"......that will never happen.....unfortunately

#26 10 years ago

Like "past releases"......that will never happen.....unfortunately

Awwww... C'mon Ice. Have some Kool-aid!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Well, I can think all kinds of things about that pic.....a little vodka with the kool aid?

I'd have to drink a whole lot of PDPP punch (Pull down panty punch) to get bamboozled by that crew......

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

Hey, it could be worse...like waiting years to buy one.

Or buying one...then waiting years......

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Or buying one...then waiting years......

I know that feeling all to well...

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

or before plunking down $7500 on unknowns.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Yes I do........the way they have handled their "releases in the past" is not gonna work anymore...
    Really? Just because they raised their prices on the LE by 700 and only 100 on the premium....yeah, I wanna know why
    But if "pigs had wings"....like the Dude says!

Maybe its it the works the same as The Hobbit gameplay video???

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

If I had to wear a purple shirt and tie like that I would have a bigger bottle.......

#33 10 years ago

GAP nice vid LOL looking for space change.....

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I cannot believe these morons at STERN have yet to release a real video of the game. This in my opinion shows you how poor they are at marketing. When you release a game, you do it with a bang, not a pea shooter. Have you ever heard of striking while the iron is hot. Now is the time when people are making decisions about what to keep or sell.............Get a clue Stern!
    Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in thread headers.

I agree with you 100%.
    It doesn't make sence and it looks like they are kidding with their costumers. And that teaser video on facebook yesterday is really annoying.
    Thumbs down Stern.

#35 10 years ago

Non believers repent!
    Videos (non-Stern produced) are now appearing and the game looks pretty cool.
    Can't wait!

#37 10 years ago

Nothing jumps out at me and says, "This is a must-own game" for $8000. I mean the center lock release is a constant STDM shot.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Nothing jumps out at me and says, "This is a must-own game" for $8000.

It's a Pro, that video is a $4800 game.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Nothing jumps out at me and says, "This is a must-own game" for $8000. I mean the center lock release is a constant STDM shot.

Not to mention that we didn't actually see a SINGLE ball go through the flippers.
    Let's get at least a SHRED of evidence before making accusations shall we?

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Not to mention that we didn't actually see a SINGLE ball go through the flippers.
    Let's get at least a SHRED of evidence before making accusations shall we?

That's the problem, there should have been a full gameplay video posted well before now. If you don't give your potential customers anything to go by what else are they going to assume? People start thinking you have something to hide.

#42 10 years ago

I do have to say, for the time I've been in the hobby, the lack of vids is normal from Stern.

I remember Jody responding about the lack of MET videos, saying something like "we have to make them first, then we can video them".

They don't have completed versions until the factory line makes them. I guess the alternative is they don't make their announcements until they've actually built the first runs of Pros and LEs, then they announce it with videos.

#43 10 years ago

The information doesn't have to come by way of video, although that is preferable. More specific information about advanced features would be appreciated.

#44 10 years ago

Stern customers are the distributors. If they have sold out to them why bother with a video? The games are already sold. It would cost them money to do so.

#45 10 years ago

Monday!!!!

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I do have to say, for the time I've been in the hobby, the lack of vids is normal from Stern.
    I remember Jody responding about the lack of MET videos, saying something like "we have to make them first, then we can video them".
    They don't have completed versions until the factory line makes them. I guess the alternative is they don't make their announcements until they've actually built the first runs of Pros and LEs, then they announce it with videos.

Um, I think they have made a few pros already if they are in Australia. Poor excuse.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

That's the problem, there should have been a full gameplay video posted well before now. If you don't give your potential customers anything to go by what else are they going to assume? People start thinking you have something to hide.

So Stern has had "something to hide" on every LE release ever?

#48 10 years ago

Seeing this video just confirms my decision to get an LE. The pro has a stupid virtual ball lock where it just says "ball locked" then spits the same ball back at you. The Premiums/LE's have a real ball lock where they collect under the playfield with a clear window just like Metallica.

#49 10 years ago

As I read above Ha!..."Stern give customers something so they can make a judgement about the game."

Why do they need to bother. Goes to show pinball collectors, many here on pinside will pre-order ANYTHING know matter what, if it is a "theme" they like. ST-LE has already sold out from many distributors.
    It clearly goes to show, it doesn't matter what they do with a playfield, if the "theme" is liked it's LE's will sellout.

..as far as Stern's concerned mission accomplished.

People will never learn.....and because of this trend that we have brought on ourselves. Each new machine will cost more than the previous machine and include LESS it has been proven.

Who's in for Walking Dead or Muppets LE?
    I guarantee, MSRP of $9100 or more.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Seeing this video just confirms my decision to get an LE. The pro has a stupid virtual ball lock where it just says "ball locked" then spits the same ball back at you. The Premiums/LE's have a real ball lock where they collect under the playfield with a clear window just like Metallica.

That's news to me. I don't think the ball lock is visible. There's a small clear window, but if it's like ACDC Premium, it's just got a few LEDs underneath.
    Hope I'm wrong though!

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-star-trek-video-stern-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.