Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Collin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Corvette_Summer.jpg
    SWP_pack3_Han_Solo_table_screenshot_001.jpg
    SW_Rebels_screenshot_02_logo.jpg
    SWP_Masters_of_The_Force_Playfield.jpg
    002617.jpg
    SWP_Starfighter_Assault_table_3.jpg
    SWP_Darth_Vader_table_screenshot009.jpg
    SWP_Clone_Wars_table_screenshot001.jpg
    SWP_Boba_Fett_table_screenshot002.jpg
    SWP_Episode_VI_table_screenshot019.jpg
    SWP_Episode_5_table_screenshot005.jpg
    SWP_pack3_Episode_IV_table_screenshots_001.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Just watched the new Star Wars Trailer...3 times. I would put a down a deposit today for a New Stern Star Wars Themed Machine. I'm not even a super fan. But watching the trailer right now moved me to make this post. I was 9 when the first movie came out. This franchise is apart of our lives, like it or not. I also was playing pinball by then. So many new things can be added to modern pinball that I can't believe that Stern is not making one. Sorry, no interest in Walking Dead. No interest in Game of Thrones. Last couple Titles they released based on popular TV show. I ask again, Where is my Star Wars Modern Machine? Deposit $2000 today, but nowhere to send it...Sad.

#2 8 years ago

I'm gonna go with the check back in 2 years answer.

#3 8 years ago

Yes, it's really sad. I can't think of a worse calamity to befall mankind.

Of course, that's disregarding the fact that there are still TEN MORE YEARS easy of Disney cranking out these movies, and Stern could put out a game whenever they want. And, disregarding the fact that there's never been a good Star Wars pinball machine, and that the last one wasn't a hit. And, disregarding the fact that every single person thinks Stern's choices in licenses suck because NOT EVERY SINGLE ONE appeals to them.

It's really, really sad.

But, if this franchise is really "apart" of your life, I know where can get an Episode 1, cheap! PM me.

#4 8 years ago

After seeing how epic-ly restrained the GOT license was... why would anyone want a watered down Star Wars License as well?

#5 8 years ago

I'll take two. Big fan of the franchise.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

After seeing how epic-ly restrained the GOT license was... why would anyone want a watered down Star Wars License as well?

I want it just to see the backlash. It doesn't even matter if Stern knocks it out of the park, Star Wars fanboys will bash the game to no end absolutely no matter what.

"YOU INCLUDED KI-ADI-MUNDI ON THE SIDE ART BUT NOT EMPATOJAYOS BRAND, HAS ANYONE AT STERN EVEN SEEN STAR WARS?"

#7 8 years ago

i think that if a pinball manufacturing company wants to license a movie theme, they need to have the pin out in lobby day movie opens. if not, just seems like a waste to me. non pinball guy won't care anymore when that game finally shows up months, years, decades, centuries.... (lol) later

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I've never played the Sega Star Wars Trilogy but comparing the art of the playfield to GOT, I would choose Star Wars. I love the giant Vader between the flippers and the number of images on the playfield.

#9 8 years ago

I guess we could start another Thread, What's the best Star Wars machine to date? Sega, Data East, Williams...That's my order of best to worst! So sad that horrible Williams Pinball 2000, Killed the company, also came out way to late.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Just watched the new Star Wars Trailer...3 times. I would put a down a deposit today for a New Stern Star Wars Themed Machine. I'm not even a super fan. But watching the trailer right now moved me to make this post. I was 9 when the first movie came out. This franchise is apart of our lives, like it or not. I also was playing pinball by then. So many new things can be added to modern pinball that I can't believe that Stern is not making one. Sorry, no interest in Walking Dead. No interest in Game of Thrones. Last couple Titles they released based on popular TV show. I ask again, Where is my Star Wars Modern Machine? Deposit $2000 today, but nowhere to send it...Sad.

First, you need to wait until all 3 movies are released so there aren't any spoilers, then a year in development and 5 years sourcing parts, then they will be built at a speed of two per month. This timeline is all dependent on The Hobbit hype dying down. I've read that nearly 60 people bought the BluRay.

#11 8 years ago

I would love an awesome star wars pin but I feel like Stern would not make the most of the license. It could be a fun pin no doubt, but the theme integration aspect of it Stern is not that great at. Look at pretty much any of the new pins based on TV/Movies and the tie in isnt a "homerun". Some of them are great games but would you not be bummed if Star Trek (which is my fav game to play on location and am determined to own one someday) was Star Wars? Tron, game of thrones etc just dont ooze with the source material IMO.

#12 8 years ago

I will bet money JJP gets the deal on the Star Wars!

#13 8 years ago

Data East is the best version, followed by SWE1 then the Sega Trilogy. SWE1 is a great pin for what it is, a fun game to just bat the ball around. The movie sucked so it would be really hard for the pin to be awesome.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

This timeline is all dependent on The Hobbit hype dying down. I've read that nearly 60 people bought the BluRay.

Is this a joke? I can't tell.

#15 8 years ago

I also Think Jersey Jack would make a Great Star Wars! Full monitor screen, several levels on playfield, toys, lighting, topper... I can only dream.

#16 8 years ago

I also Think Jersey Jack would make a Great Star Wars! Full monitor screen, several levels on playfield, toys, lighting, topper... I can only dream.

A game about the first Star Wars movie in years with next gen technology, a screen, fancy toys and lighting... It can't go wrong. I wish Williams was back around to make it.

#17 8 years ago

Cry me a river

#18 8 years ago

ahh, ... you want star wars with that?

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

SWE1 is a great pin for what it is, a fun game to just bat the ball around. The movie sucked so it would be really hard for the pin to be awesome.

No & No.

#20 8 years ago

And he might get it out in time for Episode X.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from heni1977:

I will bet money JJP gets the deal on the Star Wars!

Yeah? I'll take that bet if you're serious. Loser donates $50 to Pinside.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah? I'll take that bet if you're serious. Loser donates $50 to Pinside.

I'll take that bet as well. Loser donates 50 bucks to me.

#24 8 years ago

I would be shocked if Stern doesn't already have the license deal wrapped up. As far as timing, who knows. I know a lot of folks have said it is two years away, but I would love to see one for each of the new movies.

#25 8 years ago

Please God, don't let Stern murder another franchise...

JJP would do it justice. I would also love to see Heighway take this on going by the progress with Alien.

#26 8 years ago

JJP made a Wizard of Oz pin 75 years after the movie. It makes sense that JJP #4 is Star Wars so it can be released 75 years after the movie as well.

#27 8 years ago

Zen Studios has lots of great ideas for their Star Wars pinball tables. Many of these concepts only work in digital form, but I hope that whoever gets the license researches these tables thoroughly.

1.) Episode IV: A New Hope
    SWP_pack3_Episode_IV_table_screenshots_001.jpgSWP_pack3_Episode_IV_table_screenshots_001.jpg

2.) Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    SWP_Episode_5_table_screenshot005.jpgSWP_Episode_5_table_screenshot005.jpg

3.) Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    SWP_Episode_VI_table_screenshot019.jpgSWP_Episode_VI_table_screenshot019.jpg

4.) Boba Fett
    SWP_Boba_Fett_table_screenshot002.jpgSWP_Boba_Fett_table_screenshot002.jpg

5.) The Clone Wars
    SWP_Clone_Wars_table_screenshot001.jpgSWP_Clone_Wars_table_screenshot001.jpg

6.) Darth Vader
    SWP_Darth_Vader_table_screenshot009.jpgSWP_Darth_Vader_table_screenshot009.jpg

7.) Starfighter Assault
    SWP_Starfighter_Assault_table_3.jpgSWP_Starfighter_Assault_table_3.jpg

8.) Droids
    002617.jpg002617.jpg

#28 8 years ago

9.) Masters of the Force
    SWP_Masters_of_The_Force_Playfield.jpgSWP_Masters_of_The_Force_Playfield.jpg

10.) Rebels
    SW_Rebels_screenshot_02_logo.jpgSW_Rebels_screenshot_02_logo.jpg

11.) Han Solo
    SWP_pack3_Han_Solo_table_screenshot_001.jpgSWP_pack3_Han_Solo_table_screenshot_001.jpg

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is this a joke? I can't tell.

OK, nearly 50 people bought it. Damn nit-pickers.

#30 8 years ago

I've been saying for quite some time that Stern would get the license, not JJP. Stern has a long standing relationship with Disney. This was never in doubt.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

i think that if a pinball manufacturing company wants to license a movie theme, they need to have the pin out in lobby day movie opens. if not, just seems like a waste to me. non pinball guy won't care anymore when that game finally shows up months, years, decades, centuries.... (lol) later

A zero day pinball release to coincide with a movie release would be incredible. I think there's basically zero percent chance of that happening within the next couple of years, though.

I really don't care which manufacturer makes it, I like them both. I'd be concerned if JJP got the license that they'd be able to deliver it within 2 years. I'd be concerned if Stern got it, that it might miss some innovation opportunities.

As Captain_Kirk mentions - Probably going to be Stern, though. Stern and Disney seem pretty cozy on the licensing front.

#32 8 years ago

I am one of those who would also prefer to see JJP do the game instead of a cheaped down Stern version of it. But I agree....Stern has the relationship with the franchise and will probably end up with it. So sad. But by then Stern should have an LCD and the price for an LE would be $11,000 anyhow.

Too rich for my blood it will be.

#33 8 years ago

I think Stern should just do a Star Wars universe pin, use all original hand painted art and call it a day.

#34 8 years ago

You want another Star wars pin? I'm still waiting for Corvette Summer.

Corvette_Summer.jpgCorvette_Summer.jpg

#35 8 years ago

JJP should start now. The game would be out by the time the third movie is hitting the theater. Kidding of course but it was to easy.

#36 8 years ago

Who says there isn't a Star wars game coming out?

The movie is still two months away

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Seantronic:

Zen Studios has lots of great ideas for their Star Wars pinball tables. Many of these concepts only work in digital form, but I hope that whoever gets the license researches these tables thoroughly.

Heck, who says only *one* star wars pin would be done? There is more than enough IP for a whole series of them

#38 8 years ago

Mods, please move thread to JJP section of the forum.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-new-stern-star-wars-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.