image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkdblaze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 10 years ago

Way to go Zucot! Freaking hilarious! I love your new implementation of the Hammer... premium/LE rocks now!!!

3 weeks later
#160 10 years ago

I had the exact same conversation with Chaz. If nothing else they should have issued a patch to fix the slings a month ago. I'm done with Stern!

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Can you put the coil strength to soft to protect your game in the meantime? I know thats not what you SHOULD have to do, but until an update comes out at least you won't break things.

I tried it. It made no difference. Phone tech told me, that while the option is listed he wasn't even sure if it actually did anything yet?! I'm protecting my game by leaving it turned off.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

1 hour, 42 minutes and 52 seconds from....
now!

Only 30 more minutes! Kids, Halloween is cancelled, daddy's waiting in front of his computer for the Stern code drop!

#187 10 years ago

pumpkin.jpgpumpkin.jpg

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Is this a Pro? Mine slings are fine and don't need to be changed at all.

Mine's an LE. It seems to be random and not model specific whether you have the problem or not based on what I've read. There is a pole around here somewhere.

#201 10 years ago
Quoted from Fooped:

"Thunk....Thunk..Thunk.bangbangbangbangWHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This sums it up nicely.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

All that came was a beagle!

I was robbed! I spent the whole night waiting for the Great Pumpkin when I could have been out for tricks or treats! Halloween is over and I missed it!

3 weeks later
#417 10 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Welcome to the wait.

Good point. Need to replace one of my audio files with this...

1 week later
#544 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

if you try to please nobody because you can't please everyone then you please none.

Maybe this can be the new Stern slogan!

#583 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

He seems clueless about it and mentioned that he hasn't heard a lot of customers having this problem.

That's funny, because when I called a couple months back they said this was a well known issue that was affecting a lot of machines and that a fix was being worked out. Do they have a short memory or have they just moved on to other things and decided to give us the run around?

#633 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

It's going to be a long while before any updates.

Is this just a guess, or based on some inside info? It's hard to ever know with Stern's lack of communication.

#637 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It's not a problem. Nothing is going to break.

You've got some really good info there, but I would argue this one point. I had an air ball break one of the habitrails. And if older Stern games were as bad as some of our Met's appear to be, I think Stern would have fixed this issue by now. It seems like most Met slings are overpowered, but a small percentage are so overpowered (or posts too short, or ??) that they make the game almost unplayable.

#638 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

It's very long to waiting for this update but let me say: Metallica was my last NIB from Stern

Don't forget what you've said here when they announce the Iron Maiden Powerslave LE!

#689 10 years ago

With so many opinions on code updates, do we have a couple of names (pinside ID) of who actually has an inside connection at Stern. That way I can spend less time trying to figure out who really knows something and more time trying to figure out if the person who really knows something is serious or not. I myself have called Stern and gotten the canned response "they're working on it".

#696 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

There should be a more pronounced sound when the hammer comes down. Pa-Pow!!

Exactly! I had grand visions in my head when I ordered this thing of some serious hammer badassery. Hammer comes crashing down with a thunderous solid smash, the ball has disappeared from view, it's been blasted into the playfield coffin by the hammer of the gods!!! Instead I feel like I'm activating an electric stapler that doesn't work with more than three sheets of paper.

2 weeks later
#1282 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

One of my posts looked sanded, the others didn't. How many washers under each post do you guys think? I put two under each post, but I think it might be to high, I guess ill pull it back apart and try one.

Thanks to all in this post for the advice on the washers. I finally got around to putting the washers under mine. One on each post. And... so far, so good. And my machine was basically unplayable before with the airballs.

#1321 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Hitler is right to be angry about this one

#1324 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

We buy them up like air Jordan's.

Good thing we don't all have to line up at the Stern store for this "limited edition" item. It would probably make for some hilarious youtube videos!

#1338 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

who's in on the new mustang pin with incomplete code and the usual 3% price hike?

I'm on my fifth Mustang, a 2011 5.0, but my pin money will go elsewhere.

2 weeks later
#1918 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I highly recommend not doing that. I did it for a month or so and went back to small posts and black rubber.
It does fix airballs but the flow of the game becomes brutal as the inlanes become ever slightly tighter, and you end up with some frustrating outlane drains because the ball can't get down the inlane.

Same thing for me. I recommend the washers under the posts, which does not alter the gameplay. I have been happy since making that change.

3 weeks later
#2858 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

Where exactly would the signature be?

It's on the back of the chair.

DD13.JPGDD13.JPG

#2879 10 years ago

I just spent an hour playing Met after a long hiatus. Every time I go back to it I am reminded of just how great this game is gonna be some day. Just have to keep the faith I guess!

#2901 10 years ago

I grew a pretty epic handlebar mustache to keep myself entertained.

Well get ready to eat it!!! (See DESW thread for details... or not)

#2922 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

It's coming this week!

I can't wait to start complaining about this new code! Gotta keep this thread going somehow!

#2967 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

they've add a lot more voice overs and the modes are complete. It's coming!! Remember my post on xmen?

My #1 question is: Did they make the sling power adjustable?

#2969 10 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Do the washer mod under each post sleeve. I did that and it hasn't happened since. I used the acrylic use for protectors for the sling plastics.

I did the washer mod and it helped considerably, but I'd still like to turn them down to about 75%.

#3172 10 years ago

And people like me who voted three times

I really hope some of your three votes went to The Four Horsemen.

They really need to approve the top five songs if there is any possible way to fit them in the game. Come on Metallica, make it happen!

#3223 10 years ago

The Four Horseman... so close, yet so very very far. And I'm not a classic Metallica snob, but how is I Disappear in front of it? I had no idea that song had such a massive following. I guess I better start studying how to switch songs out.

1 week later
#3509 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

My plan is to keep my tear ducts ready to cry out of sheer joy when the new code drops.

Is anyone else worried about what's in this glorious code update? Or has it been confirmed that there is a giant pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

golden.jpggolden.jpg

#3617 10 years ago

So long, old friend. Time to move on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 149.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkdblaze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon?tu=jkdblaze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.