image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashburn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

I'm pretty surprised it's been over a month without an update, and even longer since a substantial one. I'm going to guess we'll see an update this month, and it will contain the Crank It Up modes, as well as the band member modes. Anything less than that would be ridiculous if Lyman has been working on it full time this entire time.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think we deserve an xmen update before a Metallica update. Just saying.

One has nothing to do with the other, regardless of what you think we "deserve".

2 weeks later
#89 10 years ago

Thanks for the news musket.

What a bummer though. The amount of time it takes them to complete the code in a pinball machine is ludicrous, compared to other software.

2 weeks later
#212 10 years ago

It's sad that every day I still check to see if the code has been updated. I'm so done with supporting Stern's bullshit model. Only way that this will change is if we speak with our wallets AND complain loudly to them.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Yes I have a feeling when a massive update drops all will be forgiven

Not from me it won't. It's just another lesson learned about how Stern operates.

1 week later
#355 10 years ago

To think, entire video games are made in three months time. Granted, they might be indie games, but still... This shit's ridiculous. Lyman may be a pinball code god, but he sure does take his time (or Stern is stretching him too thin).

#374 10 years ago

Looks like another week without an update, since I don't think they normally release updates on Friday's.

#388 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

So, do want want a rushed quickly tossed out code update? I think we want quality that resolves some of the issues and adds some new modes. It just takes time and it sounds like its being worked on...
I just ordered a Met Pro on Friday because I like the machine as it plays and a great update will put it in AC/DC territory.

Quickly tossed out? Give me a f'ing break, it's been three months. Some of you Stern apologists are ridiculous.

1 week later
#433 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gotta be next week.......

Yeah, right. Keep thinking that. At the rate they are going, it won't be this year, yet alone next week.

#452 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Hoping for an update tomorrow. Probably won't happen though.

I don't think they ever put updates up on a Friday, right? So it would be the same case before a Holiday (and they are probably off Friday too). Just in case shit hits the fan, they don't need to deal with it on their days off.

#508 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Actually, you can't. What you can do is *replace* songs. What it's sounds like here is they are *adding* songs.

Which would mean even more songs I can replace! F'ing awesome. Although if they haven't even figured out what songs to pick, yet alone the rights, if it's coming in this next "powerpack" it sounds like we'll be waiting an eternity to see it.

#518 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

You guys must have been hard because I've talked some crap on there and had some stuff deleted. 1 victor Cruz comment and I've been banned from posting on the NY Giants page. F****rs (edit sorry profanity!.. forgot where I was). I told them the team sucked this year before the first game! Insta-ban! Stern I post. let sit for 45 minutes and then delete before she returns from lunch. hah!

Someone's been drinking...

1 week later
#622 10 years ago
Quoted from Ex0r:

Prefer having a solid update later to a quick fix (powerpack) before Christmas ...

4 months is considered a "quick fix"? Give me a f'ing break. Even if the code is complete when all is said and done, this wait is ridiculous.

#627 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

How much deeper can the game get? What is missing rt now?

It's been covered many, many times. Read the thread.

#677 10 years ago
Quoted from Bally4022:

What would impress me more than all of Stern's recent warehouse Facebook photos? I photo of Lyman where he looks like he has been up for 36 hrs straight, with a half empty pot of coffee near his desk, and a lit cigarette hanging out of his mouth as he punches away at code.... Just saying. (and preferably MET code)

stern.jpg 55 KB

We aren't going to see that, because Lyman is relaxing on a beach sipping a Mai Tai. (I'm joking... I think...)

1 week later
#962 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Announced does not equal released.
If we get an official 'we're working on it' or 'here's Star Trek, metallica to come soon', that's about the same as a slap in the face. I know its Lyman and it will be awesome but there is no credible excuse for them to not have *something* by now. And no, I don't want to hear about how long old games took for code updates or how shitty xmen was (that was my first NIB and they're damn lucky I bought two more games.) They also cost half as much back then and it was a different market altogether. In conclusion, bah humbug.

Yep, if so, that's just ridiculous. There is no reason it should take Lyman this long, unless Stern is splitting up his time to work on other stuff (maybe related to the new board set/LCD?).

#1111 10 years ago

Lyman... The slowest developer in the business. At least we know it SHOULD be good, whenever it finally shows up.

#1163 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Best day ever - Met and AC/DC updates on the same day!

Wha?

3 weeks later
#1773 10 years ago

Someone previously posted a pic of the wear on the coffin hole supposedly caused by the wobble. I have one of those cliffys on that hole so that should at least keep the wear to a bare minimum.

1 week later
#2139 10 years ago

There is no way in hell Lyman spent a month working on the hammer. It may of taken that long for code to come out, but if that was the only thing he was working on, he would of been out of a job a long time ago.

#2141 10 years ago

"Redesign" is quite an exaggeration. The difference between boards is minor.

#2184 10 years ago

Same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashburn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon?tu=flashburn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.