image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I agree, I tried looking at how to do this and my brain hurt. I am too afraid to screw something up which I am good at doing.

It's ok, just wait for someone to make a sweet custom one based off the newer code after it's released and use it

A code update is definitely coming and it's a BIG one with lots of changes and added modes. It will also help work more in sync with the newer magnet boards. Can't wait!

Timeframe = No Idea (but the sooner the better!)

p.s. Stern, if you're reading, the lack of code updates on Metallica, XMen, & others is 85% of the reason I passed on purchasing Start Trek. I had to start speaking with my wallet... Just sayin'

1 week later
#36 10 years ago

^ ^ You had me for a second.... Just a second though

1 week later
#72 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Aynone else constantly refreshing the readme url on Stern's site?

god_bless_ocd_man_by_gabrieldwilson-d64l0yj.jpggod_bless_ocd_man_by_gabrieldwilson-d64l0yj.jpg

3 weeks later
#334 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

How in the f*#k can ACDC get another code update and Xmen not?|??

Because they sold a lot more ACDC than XM

1 month later
#658 10 years ago

In all seriousness this code needs to come out in the next week or so. There's no reason for it to take this long when it's painfully obvious so much stuff is missing.

#732 10 years ago

Patience all, an update IS coming very soon.

In the meantime, feel free to use this as an opportunity to spruce up your games.

Just mixed some colored gel papers and got a very nice effect in my fuel gauge on my LE

#740 10 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Train, when are you hearing? ...before XMAS?

Everything we see on here, regardless of source, is pure speculation unless it comes from Stern themselves but if I had to take an educated guess I would say Stern needs to get something out before the end of the month if they want to avoid losing major credibility with their fan base (and ultimately the only ones who matter, their buyers).

#745 10 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Fair enough. I appreciate the response. BTW, I am going to be back in CA (Davis area) in January. If you're around I'd love to invite myself over and check out your spot. I owe you a few beers anyways.

Invite away bro!!! Just drop me a PM when you're back

#746 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Have they ever put up a poll for anything?

Not that I know of. That would fall into the "listen & communicate" department which I don't think Stern has hired yet

1 week later
#959 10 years ago

I'm out of town in London for Xmas, it would be GREAT if I came home in a few days to a nice new sexy Metallica update...

Something tells me I won't be disappointed

#1090 10 years ago

Not gonna lie, kinda bummed it didn't hit before Xmas, however lets let Lyman enjoy his Holiday. I'm still staying positive it will be out before 2014.

#1092 10 years ago
Quoted from conserx:

Surely not, They might never get the hammer working 100% & what about pro owners who don't have to worry about that issue?
Just a purely arrogant company that will never see another dollar from me.

I disagree (about the hammer part). With the replacement magnet board my hammer is working damn good right now and imagine it will only work the same or better with the new software.

#1208 10 years ago

Basically the see-through colored filters that you see used on spotlights e.t.c. They just call them "gels"

So you basically just insert the colored film / gel between the LED and the insert and Boom. Color.

#1221 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Ive never used the gels, but seems like you could mix two colors to make custom colors that the colored leds wouldnt be able to match.

That's exactly what I did. I had a color pallet of about 10 different gels and just mixed and matched to get the desired effect. See here.

#1227 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

For some reason I thought you would sound like a toot'd up insurance salesman in real life.
But you don't

LOL. Thanks I actually shot that video just sayin' a quick thank you to my buddy who hooked me up with the Gels & Tron ramp covers.

#1257 10 years ago
Quoted from genex:

Butterflygirl24 that was your Metallica in the free play room with the speaker mod and others? Fun game! Thanks for bringing it - I love Metallica in general but that was a pretty sweet one!

Yes it was. That was good times

I took the code "downtime" to install a bunch of pinball refinery mods just now (along with replacing my broken drop target assembly). Just played a game and god damn is this thing beautiful. I can only imagine how great it will look with the code update. Light show eyegasm.

#1320 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Hitler is right to be angry about this one

Bwahahaha. I can watch that video again and again. An instant classic!!!

#1325 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

And nothing will ever change as we have allowed this practice for years. Look at us:
Stern releases machine with minimal code.
We buy them up like air Jordan's.
We realize there isn't much code and complain.
Eventually we get some code update.
We will NEVER buy another stern with unfinished code.
Go to step one and repeat the process.
This has gone on for years. No one to blame but ourselves.

Agreed, however I no longer go back to Step 1 after Metallica

#1335 10 years ago

I posted earlier on Stern's FB that Metallica code today would really round out my 2013 nicely...

It was promptly deleted

#1404 10 years ago

Allow me to break this down for everyone....

Stern-Code-On-Stick.gifStern-Code-On-Stick.gif

#1406 10 years ago
Quoted from cpsystem3:

New post on Stern's Facebook -
The team at Stern are constantly working on improving and making sure our games are the best they can be. There are code updates being worked on for our past few titles. We have no estimated date for when they will be complete.

I guess all it took was my animated gif, lol

#1477 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I go to sleep for 5 months, and STILL no update?
Come on, man.

ROFL!!! No Shit!!!! How the hell are ya?

#1525 10 years ago

If people post their "source" then they won't have a source anymore. Common logic people.

#1598 10 years ago

I seriously can't believe an update hasn't been released. This is just dumping on your customers at this point. What a joke.

I'm almost considering blowing out my Met LE for a different game and that's crazy because I was pretty sure this was a keeper for me.

Sincerely,
Jaded LE Customer #497 of 500

#1668 10 years ago

Just added Mezel's cemetery mod and a few other things. Then had a killer game! Can't wait for new code!

#1695 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

AC/DC sure doesn't need much (if anything) I would think if it gets updated again it's done.

I really hope they "spruce up" the mini-PF, and by that I mean maybe give us some animations or real goals down there other than just bash the shots. Plus, since they're color changing, I think some cool stuff could be utilitized with the lower PF inserts, as well as simultaneous multiball on both PF's (like mentioned above).

However, with all that being said, if it never got another update I still see it as a pretty damn complete game.

#1715 10 years ago

*ulcers starting*

#1778 10 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

I wanted Spinners on my Pro as well, so I just added them. Its fairly easy and doesn't cost much at all for the parts.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-hkd-metallica-pro-with-add-on-spinners

Ya I also put cobra badges on my V6 Mustang

#1807 10 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Sorry I am not rich like you. I bought what I could afford and am enjoying my purchase.
Guess it sucks to be us guys that can't afford a Premium or LE model to impress guys like you.

Chillax. It was just a joke, and I'm far from rich. My current collection is a result of buying/selling/trading almost 200 pins over the last 5 years whittled down to under 20. I just set myself up in good position to drink wine on a beer budget, if ya know what I mean. No disrespect meant, glad you enjoy your game.

P.S. I still own my first high school car which is none other than... a V6 mustang
(hence my reference, lol)

Quoted from SteveP3:

You're not totally ignorant about trolling though.
edit : let's be real about the LE vs the Pro. If the Pro is a V6 mustang, the LE is a V6 mustang with leather, a custom paint job, sunroof that jams sometimes and 4 tailpipes coming out the back instead of 2.

^ Now that's funny
Oh, and it's got a body kit

#1811 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

One of the top three worst new words in the english language

It's new? I said that shit like 10 years ago? But on that same note, I will say that I want to punch someone right in the face when/if they say YOLO.

Ughhhh, whatever. I'll try to stay away from this thread anwyays. It's just depressing.

#2031 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Today starts day one of my Met ownership, so I can easily wait a week before I need new code.

Congrats! Welcome to the club. The waiting club...

#2086 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Code carry over. Like the team scoring feature it has not worked in years.

That's a bummer cuz I really enjoyed team scoring...

#2143 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm going back to hoping someone gets sick of waiting and dumps their pin so I can grab it and stay out of pointless arguments. I don't even own the game, I don't care when it drops aside from that bit of half-seriousness.
All love!

I'm getting close, lol....

#2149 10 years ago

Lets just see if I'm the minority here....

Thumbs up this if you skipped over the typical houseofpin long winded rant post above

#2216 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I think he is referring to all SAM game updates being released, all at once, on one particular day. Kind of like a Super Code Sunday sort of thing...bam!

I can see this kind of being cool if the Metallica code wasn't so lacking and it was just feature updates and bug fixes but considering its literally 50% of the game they REALLY should not be holding it back for ANY reason...

#2223 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Yep, but imagine if you were living it like must of us.

Living it for months and months (but feels like years....)

#2277 10 years ago

Waiting for code

house-bored.gifhouse-bored.gif

#2301 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Four months and 2300 posts is best summarized in its entirety on page 1.

tumblr_inline_mkpdfkpun71qz4rgp.giftumblr_inline_mkpdfkpun71qz4rgp.gif

#2304 10 years ago

This is gonna be the week, I can feel it

#2329 10 years ago

Rules?? We Don't need no stinkin rules!

#2338 10 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I have been banned from posting on stern Facebook but they let me still see the updates and share them... Thanks, stern

Welcome to the club. I've tip-toed around their FB for quite sometime and luckily haven't been banned yet but know many people who have.

#2345 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You liked my comment earlier, it got erased, but I didnt get banned!

LOL, ya, they've erased a few of my comments over the years but luckily haven't had the ban hammer slammed on me... Yet....

#2404 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

it can't get WORSE with all that new stuff...

I'm sure you're right and the update will blow us all away, however when I read "can't get worse" I suddenly had flashbacks of the XM code clusterf*ck with massive mode stacking and I cringed a bit

#2478 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

2 in the pink, 0 in the stink ?

Naw naw you got it all wrong. It's like this....

lol.jpglol.jpg

#2513 10 years ago

Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worse... KESHA!

#2593 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

X-MEN just dropped.
Bring us home Stern ...

Happy-Gilmore-Yelling-at-Golf-Ball.gifHappy-Gilmore-Yelling-at-Golf-Ball.gif

#2653 10 years ago

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

tumblr_m97yhpjmYJ1rrc78e.giftumblr_m97yhpjmYJ1rrc78e.gif

#2664 10 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

I bought a MET pro over the weekend and have been waiting TWO FULL DAYS for the update.
Im getting impatient

Well with your username you definitely won't have to worry about getting awarded any of those in the mystery hole.

#2809 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Let the hate flow through you.

LxrkI.jpgLxrkI.jpg

#2813 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

expcept for the people who sold theirs before it went up in value. These people hate TRON! … had to hahaha. Edit: someone close to me did that and sold a spiderman before it went up and he hates seing those 2 games. It makes him sad he sold them. heh

A buddy of mine literally had to make the choice at the time Tron was released to buy a Tron LE or pre-order his WoZ LE....

As of a few months ago he finally got his WoZ and enjoys it but still kicks himself all the time for not snagging a Tron LE NIB when they came out (not to mention the fact he could have been enjoying it for years waiting for WoZ)

#2843 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

So, here's the deal. You send me $200, and if within a year...

Mabh4.gifMabh4.gif

#2857 10 years ago

Metallica code today sure would be quite a pleasant holiday surprise

#2923 10 years ago

Getting ready to trade in my Metallica LE for ST LE if this code doesn't drop soon....

(ya ya I know, i'd still be waiting for code updates but at least it would be something new and fresh)

#2992 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Why the hell would this get a thumbs down?

Quoted from SteveP3:

Most of the thumbs downs i see appear to be arbitrary, if I get one I don't take it too personally

I know I've accidentally given a thumbs down or two when on a phone or tablet screen. Most of the time I catch it but sometimes I don't

#3148 10 years ago

I may be in the minority here but "Aint my bitch" really gets my blood pumpin' and I thought it would be good in the game

#3156 10 years ago

So as of now according to http://pinballvote.metallica.com/results

There has been ~19149 votes / 2 (since we get two votes) = 9575 People Voted

That's pretty impressive. I would imagine there can't be much more than ~2000 Metallica machines total out there....

#3261 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Haha never indicated you would have a problem with it - it's useless info and I'm just bored haha. I'm not too proud to admit I was a huge Guitar Hero fan. Anyone who hates on Guitar Hero Metallica is out of their mind

Not gonna lie, I used to be pretty good at Guitar Hero and actually won over a few thousand bucks in competitions....
Until I met a little Asian kid with what I called "bionic fingers" who 100%'d "through the fire and the flames" against me in a competition. I just smiled and retired shortly after that

1 week later
#3399 10 years ago

Tired of waiting. Tired of checking this thread. I don't even care about a code update anymore. "XMen Syndrome" has already set in. Just sold mine to a fellow pinsider. Hope the new code rocks your socks guys. Bye bye.

#3403 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Sorry to see you go, hope you don't regret it.

I won't. I've spent my time with the game, said my goodbyes and all will be well
I owned XM LE twice as well (man I sound like Coasterguy burning through games, lol) and just don't feel it's a game I need to own as opposed to just play at a friends house occasionally.

Quoted from Aurich:

I was waiting for someone local to get that way and sell me theirs.

I thought you were waiting for someone local to "give it away" hehe

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Know the feeling. Been so so tempted to sell mine but we must be a week or two away......or a month or a year......

The funny thing is I actually think the update will be coming this week (A pipedream I know) and still, I'm ok with letting er' go finally....

#3565 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For the 5 people who have a Congo

I know of 3 of them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 12.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 149.00
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fattrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon?tu=fattrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.