image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

Xmas present POWERpack

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

Personally I 'm waiting for new software for Metallica,X-men and Avengers,AC/DC is OK for me
With the new Star Trek I hope Stern don't forget us

I think we deserve an xmen update before a Metallica update. Just saying.

1 month later
#327 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I assume Lyman got pulled in to help with ST LE - maybe something to do with the starfield projector?
I am guessing we will see Metallica code fairly shortly after ST LE code finally ships.

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Good lord how many programmers does ST need?

Quoted from zucot:

Hey its just a guess.

Yes, zucot is wrong. Patience is bliss; Lyman is on the job and that should be more than enough assurance that the game will rock once finished. With great programming comes great responsibility. Just thank your lucky stars its not a xmas powerpack...yet

1 month later
#1444 10 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Here's the problem: as a Stern customer I have no idea what Lyman is working on, how long he's been working on it, if he's the only one working on it, what the general priority is, or anything else. Everything has been second or third hand from an Internet forum. So while I don't want unfinished code released, I would like to know exactly what in the hell is going on from the company who sold me the product.

Have you asked your distributor? How about emailing Lyman directly?
By now you should know he's working on the code. What more do you want? Pinball code is hard to give an ETA as there's code - testing - more code - more testing. That's why a lot of people 'in the know' get a lot of shit because they'll say something like 'its coming next week for sure!' Then nothing happens that week and people go on a huge rant of stern promised this or stern promised that where in actuality the designer, programmer, or test team found something that wasnt worthwhile to release to the public. Look at last years xmen Xmas POWERpack - 10 bucks says they didn't want to release that code but because Gary 'promised' a Xmas update, they had to release it. Took em 3+ mos to fix that debacle.

Bottom line; theses things take time to code right.

#1459 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Perhaps they should wait to sell their games then? Sell them with complete codes? I sure am glad the truck I bought came with seats, I'd hate to wait for those in a update.
On the other hand, waiting for the code gives us all something to look forward to right?
Either way, something will work out in the end. I'm still having fun playing!

Pinball company's have been doing it for decades. They release adequate code, gather feedback, re-code, test, and send it out - rinse and repeat. It's nothing new with the pinball hobby. If you don't like it, wait 6-12 mos post release before deciding to buy.

#1472 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

True. And unfortunate.
But I see people on here saying this is the way it has always been with code - that the game comes out, then the second half of the rules get written.
That's not the way that I remember it. I played many of the late 80's and the 90's pins as they came out. They shipped with the core rules complete. Later ROMs would fix bugs, add animations, or tweak the scoring, not introduce the missing modes of the game.

Me saying adequate code isn't saying half complete code FYI. And how are those company's doing with their code these days?

Truth be said, it takes sterns approx 6 mos til you finally see where the game is headed. LoTR, TSPP, SM are to name a few of sterns greats from back in the day that weren't released with the code they have now. If you don't like it, stop preordering!

#1474 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

Are you saying that MET, XM, AV, ACDC Prem/LE etc. were released with adequate code?
I don't remember having to wait 6 months to know where TSPP and LotR were headed.
They seemed rather complete when I played them new.
I would say that it is only in the last few years, like Schudel said, from SAM on, that pins shipped with incomplete code. Code that was missing core parts of the rules.

I feel like my words keep getting twisted around probably in part of me posting at work so this will be my last post about it; if you don't like how stern codes there games, don't buy it til it's done. Plenty of pinballs in the world to go around.

3 weeks later
#2185 10 years ago

Know what i find funny is everyone saying, "hey stern, we're not buying anymore games until xmen and metallica get updates!" and stern is all like 'Oh yea? i see you're boycotting threat and raise you one mustang50 pinball! what now?!!'

haha im just messing around. back to the thread...

1 month later
#3559 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol. Yeah, need a machine to be able to test, say, a new decal on. I did it with AC/DC with other people testing it for me, and it's just too hard to have someone else measuring a spinner decal for me etc. I need to be able to test fit my own parts.

Quoted from RobT:

But you didn't answer my question. What are you developing??

I believe he's developing a loophole

Just messing around. The tax shit sucks and its turning me off to the nib world of this hobby. Unfortunately, i dont enjoy the used market so much. Break time; things could be worse. Enjoy what you got

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.