image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveP3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 10 years ago

My prediction is we end up waiting longer, maybe they're all geared up and going gung-ho on Star Trek. I sure hope I'm wrong.

#59 10 years ago

It's ok. Everyone has a little flaw

I'm kidding around! I took all my schooling in french for years and years

Maybe Monday? I think expo is starting on Wednesday so it would be super duper timing!

2 weeks later
#171 10 years ago

I've been holding my breath for a while. I don't think it's healthy to be this shade of violet.

#182 10 years ago

Can't see it happening!

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's because it will not be made available to Canadiens.

I thought as an American you'd understand how the internet worked since Al Gore invented it!

Edit : I misread your post, I see that you were merely talking about the hockey team. Nevermind!

#189 10 years ago

If you guys are right aboot the code coming oot, I've got some Molson Canadian, Kraft Dinner and a spoon shaped like a hockey stick ready to go while I wait to upload the code onto the game.

#207 10 years ago

Maybe this could be helpful to airball guys, not sure...

My slings are not very sensitive, the switches are gapped fairly wide. I have never had an airball. Ever. (First run Pro). Maybe gap your switches a bit wider? My theory is that if the slings are really sensitive, they are kicking before the ball has really dug into the rubber; perhaps making it so that the rubber is kicked slightly underneath the ball when the slingshot arm is fully extended?

#219 10 years ago

xmas powerpack!

#280 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lyman as we know is a different sort of programmer...he's designing "chess" from the ground up

Chess is a simple design, it's the gameplay that is hard to master... wait a sec... OMG I see what you did there!

1 week later
#349 10 years ago

3 months exactly as of today. Boy I wish an update would come out.

#381 10 years ago

I wish one of you would contribute a code update.

#399 10 years ago

This is easily one of Sega's best pinball games in a while - take it easy on them, guys

Edit : lol, eggbert it's just a joke man; I own one. It just feels like a really great Sega pin at this point.

#402 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

If we kidnap Lyman we could have all the codes we want and make him work day and night on this.

Ok, I'll drive. You get the kidnapping gear. Pick you up in like... 20 hours. See if you can get a buddy to pick up a one month supply of top ramen and high caffeine beverages.

1 week later
#442 10 years ago

The suspense is killing me! But only in my heart and brain, nothing too important.

#458 10 years ago

I think he's talking about the little hammers above the inlane lamps (top right corner of each lamp). I have no idea if they are meant to serve any purpose other than cool art.

#460 10 years ago

Yep! Fingers crossed only, I'm giving my toes the day off.

1 week later
#561 10 years ago

I'm sure a lot of people would have liked a quick fix for the slingshots of doom during the wait

#575 10 years ago

I did notice that on my game it looked like the slingshot posts were actually sanded down to make them shorter (early run Pro)

#660 10 years ago
Quoted from Bearded_Warrior:

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered the "flipped hum". It does this with my left flipper sometimes. Is there a fix to this?

Yes! Turn up the volume

#690 10 years ago

I hope they use more of the sound callouts during multiball, there are piles of jackpot and award quotes that just aren't used. I enjoy hearing those to gauge progress and quality of my play.

#819 10 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

bwhaha, you guys are still crying for an update for Metallica some four months later... good luck.

Hahaha, hilarious!

#871 10 years ago

My guess is that the code will yogurt your horse garden dandelion unicorn machete.

It's a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing somewhat accurate.

#906 10 years ago

I sent Santa an e-mail and told him to make sure to flip dipswitch 8 before doing the update while I sleep, then switch it back after. Never got a reply but hopefully he remembers.

#912 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno where you guys came up with this Xmas or bust idea, it will drop when Lyman finishes it, not when there's a random holiday on the calendar that has nothing to do with the game. That's just common sense, not insider knowledge. It's a fact that he's working on it, that he doesn't want to release it until it's done, and you just have to roll with that.

Just wishful thinking! Nothing wrong with that.

#918 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

This is based on several years of updated code at Xmas.

That's not how I remember it, but whatever floats your boat. I am not expecting anything, but if an update comes out, yay!

#921 10 years ago

Quick, someone say something really inflammatory!

#925 10 years ago
Quoted from Incognito:

How do you pronounce your hometown? (this is not meant to be inflammatory. I just noticed it has "puke" in it and wondered)

I think it's one of those words that's pronounced differently than it looks. I pronounce it "pinballheaven" since there are 90 pinball machines in that town.

#930 10 years ago

Wow I was not saying that correctly at all. My apologies rd!

#1037 10 years ago

Leper Messiah!

#1238 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Did this thread just start over again for the umpteenth time?

lol, we're stuck in an infinite loop.

#1276 10 years ago

As I mentioned before, also check to see if your sling posts are 'sanded' on the bottom; some posts in my game had actually been sanded down to make them shorter. This could be causing the rubber to dig in more under the centerline of the ball.

#1380 10 years ago

Maybe it's all the white knighting that's getting people wound up. Yeesh.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1517 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would bet my entire pin collection behind believing Rarehero.

Whoa, didn't you hear about putting all your pins... err... eggs in one basket?

#1574 10 years ago

I'm glad I got a new toy to play with while I wait. Now the wondering about the code has gone from my frontal lobes to my upper spinal fluid.

#1664 10 years ago

Sick of waiting for code and want to pass an hour enjoying something Metallica related? Go check out the Dehaan show on youtube, it was pretty good! Just watched it.

#1667 10 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

The longer I am on this forum, th more I appreciate the "ignore user" option. Now I am off to find a pin that I can brag to my imaginary friends about.

Ignored!

#1789 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Ya I also put cobra badges on my V6 Mustang

That seemed rude and uncalled for, and really didn't apply in that sense to what he did to his game.

#1791 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm totally ignorant about cars! I had no idea wtf he was talking about!

You're not totally ignorant about trolling though.

edit : let's be real about the LE vs the Pro. If the Pro is a V6 mustang, the LE is a V6 mustang with leather, a custom paint job, sunroof that jams sometimes and 4 tailpipes coming out the back instead of 2.

#1828 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That's a good idea. I bet Hetfield hasn't even started working on the code yet.

I hear he's a good coder. He just yells at the computer like a drunken sailor until it starts programming what he wants.

Ooooooohhhhhh Yeah-heahhhhhhhhhh

#1888 10 years ago

uh

edit : went and played it and still couldn't focus on what stacked with what enough. too much fun

I think I got a bunch of different multiballs stacked together once i started coffin though, but I could be wrong. I thought snake maybe could stack with cross? Haven't been putting enough time on it lately.

set a new high score though, 342 mil with 68 of that on fuel. god dayyum that is a fun mode, the sound effects just tear my face off, such a pavlovian reward system. wonderful.

#1983 10 years ago

post 1982 : the most popular song this year was "Physical" by Olivia Newton John.

next post -> what was the most popular song of 1983?

edit : yes, I know this is corny but it beats whining about code!

#2036 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

He couldn't even be bothered to give a half enthusiastic jackpot call out. I doubt he knows about code and game rules. LOL

Actually, if you go through the software in the pinball browser by oga83, there are piles of callouts that are not used in the game code currently. There's some good jackpot callouts from James, ranging from simple to enthusiastic "JACK-F**CKIN-POT!!!". It seems to me that generally (of the band members) James has the most and the best callouts in terms of delivery and enthusiasm. Many of them are simply not used yet in the current software.

I actually like Kirk's really over the top silly "super jackpot!" callout, makes me laugh. (edit : also not used yet, but contained in the data for the older software for sure)

#2155 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I made it 1/3 of the way before I lost interest.

You did better than I did.

#2202 10 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

The mystery scoop only awards "light extra ball" when you are having a horrendous game. You pretty much need to drain the first two balls after the ball saver expires to get it. I'm running 1.22 on an LE.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I got 313 million on ball 1 of a game last night then lit an extra ball on the scoop on ball 2. Then I totally blew it for the new few balls. D'oh

#2243 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

It's someone you know. Maybe you haven't met him personally, but you do know who he is. Virtually everyone here knows him.

Not the ones I'm speaking of. Listen closer. It's not Steve Ritchie or Gary Stern.

I've gone through the software with the browser and I don't hear anyone other than the voice actor they hired for Sparky and the snake; and the band.

#2249 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I heard the update will drop next week, get ready!!!

Sounds legit

1 week later
#2591 10 years ago

I think we should go for some kind of record! Yeeessss, yesssss, let the hate flow through you.

#2727 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Sarcasm detector fail.

Maybe it's sarcasm fatigue syndrome, that guy has been parroting that same thing for so long even I'm getting confused.

#2761 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern giving a solid confirmed date is worse. That sets up for failure and yet even more shouting and hatred from the keyboard commandos.

Don't mess with those guys, they're crazy!

edit : lol I can't believe I just slapped that together for that little joke. Slow day!

KeyboardCommando_SP3_Pinside.jpgKeyboardCommando_SP3_Pinside.jpg

#2772 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

how about udder frustration

moo?!

edit : hehe just a little joke vex, thanks for having a good attitude about it.

#2846 10 years ago

I guess I'm not Gary Stern's valentine.

*snif*

#2991 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Why the hell would this get a thumbs down?

Most of the thumbs downs i see appear to be arbitrary, if I get one I don't take it too personally

#2993 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I know I've accidentally given a thumbs down or two when on a phone or tablet screen. Most of the time I catch it but sometimes I don't

good point, i click the 'flag post as unsafe' thing all the time by accident if my finger twitches as i scroll. d'oh

#3018 10 years ago

Hmmm looks like Metallica just put a post up on their page asking people to choose two new songs to add to the game.

www.Metallica.com/news/20140219-605356.asp

pinballvote.Metallica.com/

Thanks to Yeagster for noticing, I'm just passing on his info.

#3019 10 years ago

I went with Horsemen and Suicide and Redemption. Maybe I should have gone with Orion. Damn. I like both though.

#3046 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

And how do you know that?
If you look at the dots already in the code for Battery, they're all about beating the shit out of sparky.
I guess we'll all find out in a couple weeks.

I'm guessing the intention is to just have the tracks be more 'neutral' play tracks. There's no 'Enter Sandman' mode, nobody seems to care. Mainly because what the heck would that be.

#3064 10 years ago
Quoted from skristof:

Four horsemen would be a cool 4-ball...
Start with one, you have to hit each pick to add a ball, capping at three.
Or each tombstone. Then collect jackpots off of the cross.

Yeah that's what I was thinking when I chose horsemen, but I can't see it happening. Would be super cool though!

#3179 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Some people evolve into something better, and some evolve to shit. Metallica evolved to shit, so really they devolved. I think bands like AC/DC and Slayer are much better as they stayed true to what made them good in the first place.

Yeah, those bands have 'stayed true to themselves'. If you mean 'made the same album for the last 30 years'. Doesn't anyone ever get bored of that with metal? It's just the same thing over and over from so many bands. I'd rather listen to something new where I'm surprised at the direction the music took, even if it's not my favorite.

#3210 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't consider RTL and MOP "the same album", and definitely not if we throw Justice into the mix. I don't consider Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, and Seasons in the Abyss the same album. I respect that artists want to grow and change, sometimes it's better to start a side project for that. You can do Faith No More and Mr. Bungle at the same time.
I dunno, personally I avoid boredom by not staying interested in only one genre. I like metal, but I also listen a lot of rap, dancehall, reggae, whatever strikes my fancy. If you're in a metal rut then maybe step to some other music for a while. It's nice to have bands that make certain style you can depend on to go back to. If I want really brutal technical death metal I can rely on Suffocation to be there. If you're a thrash fan it's not always appealing to have the band you love get into alternative soft rock.
Edit: It's all irrelevant anyways, the two new songs are going to be Blackened and Ride the Lightning. Yesterday was the biggest voting day, it will slowly trickle down from here, and those numbers aren't gonna change.

I think I misquoted too much of what I responded to before - I agree that Metallica's sound from album to album has always been radically different. That's what I was trying to say, albeit poorly. Some bands like AC/DC or Motorhead (and even Slayer to some degree - just my opinion) are just releasing the same album over and over again.

What I was trying to say is that I enjoy how Metallica has varied it up since the beginning; it's always an adventure - like it or lump it. I mostly like it, even the stuff some people hate (except lulu, ugh). I just enjoy it for what it is without worrying too much about comparing it to something they did 10 or 20 years ago.

I still enjoy metal, but now it's more of a dessert item than a main course.

1 week later
#3398 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There are a lot of Pinsiders who simply aren't comfortable soldering anything.

Pff you electronics guys crack me up. I've never had to solder anything yet. I just scream at the game like a lunatic and smack it around until it kinda works better, or completely breaks.

BRB, more screaming at Metallica to do. My throat hurts.

#3500 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What does crying about it more at this point accomplish?

I wonder if "use it or lose it" applies? Gotta keep those ducts all lubed up and ready for action!

My plan is to keep my tear ducts ready to cry out of sheer joy when the new code drops.

#3544 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

But you have free health insurance!!! /sarcasm!

Yeah it all works out in the long run. More taxes up front, "free" treatment for crazy disease later. I probably blew through 100k in chemo and radiation and associated meds. Glad to have paid for it indirectly over many years!

edit : forgot the quotes around 'free'

#3607 10 years ago

WE DID IT EVERONE, WE MADE IT! lol.

1 week later
#3665 10 years ago

Countdown to 1.52 begins!

edit : lol damionrowe can't take a joke

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveP3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon?tu=SteveP3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.