image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone have code with different songs I can download. Just want something new till the new update comes out. So bored with current code
Oh an Xmen and Advengers need updates. Xmen is actually a fun game. An update would make it much better as their are still several problems with current code.

Two PM's sent.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Pooman2084:

I do hope we get an update soon.
In the meantime I like other Metallica songs too and I also like PMs!

PM Sent.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

ahhhh young batawan...

Batawan, padawan...whatever

4 weeks later
#298 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I think my biggest gripe with Metallica right now (aside from missing modes and features) is that I find the scoring somewhat unbalanced over all the modes and features. There is little reason scorewise to try to start Justice for All mode, ... Same with justice for all - I find myself ignoring the mode entirely. It's kinda annoying to start it, and then even when it's running, shooting single ball for 300k is generally a wasted effort...

I agree that Justice for All (or is it Lady Justice?) needs to be more than 300k. There's a lot more work that goes into getting there than Mystery Hole, and that awards 500K!

#300 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

The mystery hole also awards other thing man - like fuel points every 90 games... Its a mystery on why they can't program better...

As Hitler said, "I'm tired of scoring 500k on Mystery Hole! That's NO Mystery!"

2 weeks later
3 weeks later
#730 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I check this thread like an addicted crack addict every time I see a new post.
Heres hoping for an update by year end...

When there is an update, there will be five or six new threads announcing it.

#743 10 years ago

Did they ever put up a poll on FB to see which songs they should add? Borg said on the Spooky Pinball Podcast a few weeks ago they were going to add a few and add a poll. He said they would more than likely choose a Death Magnetic song for Coffin Multiball. I already have "My Apocalypse" as one of my changed songs, so I'm hoping for that one, as that would free the spot where I currently have "MA" for another song choice!

#760 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I posted 'all I want for Christmas is Metallica / ACDC / Star Trek code' and they removed it from their Facebook page. Starting to have bad thoughts about an update pre Christmas.

I heard on the webernet that for each post on FB that complains about code, they delay another day in spite!

JK

#775 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

Some color gels and aluminum flippers..

CAM00031.jpg 413 KB

Those are nice! I like the boney flippers for SS.

boney flippers.jpgboney flippers.jpg

#776 10 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Does anyone sell the colored gel pieces as a kit yet?

I ordered a swathbook below for around $10 shipped. I think this will give me enough to work with for both the gauge and FUEL bar inserts.

Gel Paper.jpgGel Paper.jpg

#788 10 years ago

"Soon" has become the new Pinside catchphrase.

1. "$10k by Christmas"
2. "Greta"
3. "Soon"

#799 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I guess I missed Greta.

Well, a post search came up with 57 posts for the word greta. I believe it was originally a typo by a Pinsider who would consistently pump up the next Stern title: "It's going to be greta!" Probably happened more than once before other Pinsiders began using it in jest.

#801 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GRETA was an RGP era thing...it was Derek's typo for "great".

Yeah, I knew I had seen it more than just 57 posts.

#811 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It's coming very, very soon. I'm not gonna say an exact "day" but it's within weeks I hear or sooner

"Soon"= weeks
"Very soon"= days
"Very, very soon"= hours

Choose your words carefully. I might have to create another Hitler video, and you'll be on his sh*t list!

#839 10 years ago

I would like an update as much as the next guy, but maybe because I went through the same thing with my only other NIB (S-M) six years ago, I'm handling this with a little more levity (Hitler video). Are most of the people screaming for an update first-time NIB owners, and this was unexpected, or are most of the people screaming for an update multiple NIB owners, and they're just sick of it? Just curious.

#850 10 years ago

We should do another pool to see how quickly this thread dies when the new code drops. Also, how many new threads will announce the new code.

#857 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

lol - well they just liked my post asking if santa was bringing us any powerpacks, so we'll see what happens. Could be a true Christmas miracle.

Why is it called "powerpack"? I've seen this posted with other games. Is it because it's more than a usual update?

#1115 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've heard that a lot, but I'm still extremely happy with the LE and wouldn't go Pro. If I had to do it again I might have gone Premium cuz I just really dig that translite lol. I disagree that it plays better...all of the shots and geometry are the same. I love the snake jaw 2x lock rules during Multiball. The rest is more superficial, but still enjoyable. The rising cross is cool. I think the hammer is cool. I like the spinners and their sound FX. The color changing GI & inserts are cool and should get cooler with the update.

Yes, but that DD prem translight wasn't an option when the LE was announced. Our only choice for prem was the road case translight. I made my decision based on the LE art package, hammer, and spinners. If you have an external sub hooked up, the spinners sound awesome!

#1124 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Once I lowered my snake jaw (some washers under the pf), the snake shot is now perfect. No bounce outs unless it's players fault. If I shoot 50 shots straight in - it's going in 50 times.

I have thought about doing this because it worked with the IJ saucer rejects, but I haven't got around to it. I think I'll have to try it tomorrow.

#1229 10 years ago

Where can we buy those gel ?

These swatchbooks are perfect. I was able to find the exact colors I wanted without mixing. Also, each swatch is big enough to use on both the guage and the F-U-E-L inserts (I did green, yellow, orange, red).

ebay.com link: CHOOSE ANY CUSTOM COLOR 6 5 E COLOUR EUROPEAN SYSTEM ROSCO STAGE LIGHTING GELS

#1236 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Within the next 2 weeks the code should drop..... that's what I gots for infos
Keep a cool tool and play another game if it bothers you so much.
Lyman will deliver.

Did this thread just start over again for the umpteenth time?

1 week later
#1584 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I see several references to a new song. Who indicated more music would be added? I imagine that has to be renegotiated. Would love to see King Nothing make it in. Or Harvester of Sorrow.

John Borg mentioned this in the Spooky Pinball Podcast interview at the beginning of December. He said he wanted to add two or three more songs, and specifically said he wanted to add a "Death Magnetic" song for Coffin MB, and he mentions "My Apocalypse" and (I think) "The Day That Never Ends." He said they were thinking about having FB followers vote, but that hasn't happened yet.

#1719 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's now over 6 months since the last update right? I thought today was that milestone.

V1.22 was released August 13th. Five months as of yesterday.

#1774 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The spinners don't do anything yet except make noise and add a bit of points in fuel mode. You aren't missing much.

When the game is hooked up to a sub woofer, the spinners THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP! The sound difference of the spinners with the sub woofer off/on is amazing, and it makes it worth missing!

#1810 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

P.S. I still own my first high school car which is none other than... a V6 mustang
(hence my reference, lol)

I don't want to siderail this thread too much, but my first car was also a Mustang, but mine was a V8. This pic is about 27 years old! Yikes!

When is the Mustang code update? Soon?

Picture 005_edited.JPGPicture 005_edited.JPG

#1826 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I heard a rumour that the code is dropping next week !

#1948 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Now is the time to strike, the new code when dropped will only raise the price IMHO.

Even he buys it NIB?

#1955 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

How do we know Stern could be using our posts for info so that when the next upgrade is released it will cover everything........ why don't we just make a top 10 Metallica upgrade wish list and hope they bang the update out.

Dang it! We're the ones holding up the code! Stern is waiting for us to give them suggestions!

#1961 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

...in my opinion no great thrill in making shots, or strategy...

No great thrill or strategy in trying to start Seek n Destroy?

#2012 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Huge borg fan - Love x-men, got it when the game was in chaos - figured others were dumping because of the code and when the new code came out the game would go up like crazy, because it was such a great pin, and no premium on this version. However it did not - not the reason I got it - still love the game, but I know that the final code won't change the value on this game the pin world has moved on.

Don't be so sure. S-M remained stagnant in value and code for three years.

#2066 10 years ago

Before the update comes, I thought I would try another song replacement. What do you guys think of "Don't Tread on Me" in place of "Sad But True"? It plays during Snake MB, and I never choose "SBT" during game start anyway. It gets going pretty good around 30 seconds in.

#2067 10 years ago

What is "Director's Cut" in the settings? I just noticed this while going through the menu. I installed, but I didn't notice any difference in the game.

#2074 10 years ago

I heard a strong rumor that the update drops next week.
Stay tuned !

I heard before Expo...I mean right after Expo...errr Thanksgiving...um, Christmas...no, New Year's Eve...ooops, very soon...uh, very, very soon. Stay tuned!

#2081 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Half of the people in the world have seen their birthdays come and go since the last Metallica code update.

There have been two code updates since my last birthday!

#2255 10 years ago

I heard the update will drop next week, get ready!!!

What do we have to do to get ready?

#2288 10 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

I don't think that anyone in the usa knows terence hill... .

I do. I love this scene (especially starting around 1:18):

#2500 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Naw naw you got it all wrong. It's like this....

lol.jpg 17 KB

You have ruined neapolitan ice cream for me!

#2508 10 years ago

Almost as vague as Stern's FB posts!

#2538 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Vid just posted this on another thread...

Only 25 months to go..."very soon!"

#2540 10 years ago

Hitler Loves Metallica-693.gifHitler Loves Metallica-693.gif

#2642 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

X-Men code update is very doubtful but maybe. He (Steve Ritchie) chalked this up to "Team difficulties"

This was posted 3 months ago regarding Steve Ritchie saying this at the Houston show. So within three months, they changed their minds and someone got it done. I would guess that finishing the MET code was always in the plans, yet it has been 6 months since the last update. Twice as long for something planned. Half the time for something that was "doubtful" 3 months ago. Just thinking out loud.

Now with the XM code "done," we're back to the anticipation we had before Expo, before Christmas, before New Year's. "Soon." Could be today, could be next week, could be months! We still have no idea!

#2728 10 years ago

I didn't read through the 8k+ posts in the XM thread, but did it look like this thread with the same thing discussed page after page? And then someone dangles a carrot and starts the frenzy all over again?

#2741 10 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I have no horse in this race, but from an IT standpoint, any friday release is insane
if anything, the best day of the week for them to release updates would be monday, giving them the entire business week to [quickly] correct any unforeseen issues (and coming back into the office with full e- and voice mail in-boxes) from irate customers.

When I was in junior high school, the best day to ask a girl to be my gf was Friday after school on a three-day weekend. That way if she said no, I would be saved the embarrassment until Tuesday. By Tuesday, everyone would have forgotten I even asked. I guess it doesn't work that way in IT.

#2746 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

. X-Men code was throwing a bone to the fan base, wasn't gonna sell a thing,

Getting XM code out wouldn't sell more XM, but it might help sell future titles. Stern may have lost a lot of potential repeat customers because of unfinished code practices.

#2766 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

I would like to thank you for posting - its frustrating that you know things we do not and can not share them. However, that is how stern chooses to do business nothing to do with you. So I say thank you for the information you can provide now go ahead and PM that bin file. I am an official stern tester… I had a beta of AC/DC I told not a person but dang it was hard to do that.

What makes you think he knows things? Go back to page one and read through the posts at how many times mnpinball has teased an update.

#2859 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Metallica code today sure would be quite a pleasant holiday surprise

Wouldn't all our significant others love it if we spent Valentine's evening playing with the new code? For all of our sake, it probably shouldn't drop today! (but I hope it does)

1 week later
#3362 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So butterflygirl, can you post a pic here?

She did, two pages back.

1 week later
#3624 10 years ago

This thread inspired me to create the Hitler video, so there's that. Good times...good times!

1 week later
#3629 10 years ago

Time to get this going again
Code : Next week ?
What will be in there along with the 3 songs ?
Band members mode ? anything else ?

As mentioned before, "Four Horsemen" and "My Apocolypse" are listed with the other songs in the text menu discovered in the Pinball Browser. However, someone said those might be placeholders for the two songs that won the vote. A pinsider said Borg wanted those two songs but Metallica wanted the fans to vote (might have been in this thread). Take that for what it's worth.

Regarding band member modes...within the text on Pinball Browser, all the album titles are listed, so maybe that will have something to do with member modes?

A confusing part is a listing that includes "One" and "The Unforgiven." They seemed to be mixed in with other songs that have specific modes: "Fuel," "EOTL," and "SnD." "One" jumps in halfway through the song during Lady Justice mode, and "Unforgiven" plays for 10 seconds after the match feature, but there's no text associated with that. I wonder if there will be modes added for those two songs. ??

#3634 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know, the more the actual songs get truly integrated into the game (frankly more integrated than AC/DC) the less appealing swapping them out becomes. For better or for worse (mostly for better). With AC/DC the songs are kinda irrelevant, in that "a song" works with the rules, but it could be basically anything. Who wants to hit CIU, choose Battery, hear the band say "BATTERY!", have the animations tie in with the theme, but be listening to something else? Not to mention how the mode is set to the length of the song.
Plus, now that Lyman is tying the lighting in so awesomely with the songs, I bet the timing of how that all works is synched to the music too.
As much as there are some tracks I'd like to swap, see One and Unforgiven for instance, if those become mode songs I bet I'd rather leave them in and integrated properly than screw with swapping them.

I had been playing with four swapped songs on 1.22, but I won't be switching anything that's tied to a mode. "One" and "Unforgiven" are two of the songs I had swapped. If they are tied to a mode in the next update, I won't swap. It will be interesting to see if "RTL" becomes the Sparky MB song instead of "CD."

#3635 10 years ago

Swapping out songs is not the only cool thing, though. I swapped an attract mode/flipper button call-out with "Now I lay me down to sleep" and the Sandman riff behind it on 1.22.

I also swapped out a match feature call-out. I recorded my daughter saying, "Mommy, what happened to Fluffy?" in a worried voice. I tried the creepy "Mommy, where's Fluffy?" from the end of "Breadfan," but there was no way I could get it to fit in any of the time slots.

#3639 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

... but I guess it would depend on if the music matched up right. Need to find a video of multiball starting and play the song over it.

I had them swapped on 1.22. It's almost a perfect swap because the song lengths are almost exact. The beginning of RTL sound great as mb starts, as well.

#3640 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I want to change Lady Justice to have and justice for all play. Wish I knew where this was in the code,

This won't work. You can't swap out just the specific cue request. You have to replace the whole song. All other cue requests adjust accordingly no matter what. If you just replace the specific cue point to a specific spot for "Justice for All," it will adjust the rest of the requests for that with your specific spot in the song. For instance, it would automatically give you a choice for "JfA" at the begging of game play with the same spot you chose for Lady Justice mode. Hope that makes sense.

On 1.22, I swapped "One" with "Whiplash" and a faded out "Hit the Lights." Because of the length of "One," I was able to fit almost both of the songs. When Lady Justice mode started, "HtL" would play, which meant the cue point was somewhere after 4 minutes. "HtL" sounded great, and made sense for hitting lit shots, it just didn't make sense because the song wasn't from that album.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sparky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon?tu=Sparky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.