image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChadNC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#527 10 years ago

I love the artwork and idea of my. Metallica pin but its about as much fun as Xmen right now. I don't use Facebook but has anyone continued to post on sterns page the issues with no code update?

#545 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Stop, just stop... Xmen plays like a total turd compared to Metallica with only coils engaged and no
software running.

Yea i may be exaggerating a little but right now its just not as fun as it should be.

#547 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I think the hardest thing for me is all the talk and speculation. Here and on rec games all this talk about power packs and holidays as they come and go with no update. I would be nice just to get a response from Lyman . For me a next code update of ????? would be more welcome than just nothing at all even if it meant easter or somthing.
Worst part is its a fun game with a lot of potential that could be one of the greats with his magic.

I agree with you. Absoloutely no communication with the buyer. They had the time and money to make the new "Mustang Pinball" trailer though...

#587 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I'm almost positive it was marco that I ordered my post from... here is picture when I was testing LEDs

1374849_10200877158033394_767762... 92 KB

Man thoose rubbers have a lot of bounce.

#646 10 years ago

Stern Sucks!!! I left a message for tech support yesturday and still haven't recieved a return call. I'm not sure if we will see an update unless they need to sell some more. If they can sell Mustandgs and TWd pins there not gonna worry much about what's already out the door.

#649 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I'll bet you a grand we see a substantial update. Again, no time frame because anyone quoting a time frame is guessing.

I hope ur right but its getting old waiting.

#650 10 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I sent a message to Pat today, and got 2 replies within an hour or two...

I called and waited on the phone for twenty minutes and then it finally made me leave a vmail.

#695 10 years ago

There should be a more pronounced sound when the hammer comes down. Pa-Pow!!

#699 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Exactly! I had grand visions in my head when I ordered this thing of some serious hammer badassery. Hammer comes crashing down with a thunderous solid smash, the ball has disappeared from view, it's been blasted into the playfield coffin by the hammer of the gods!!! Instead I feel like I'm activating an electric stapler that doesn't work with more than three sheets of paper.

If they can't do something that simple I give up.

#759 10 years ago

If I had a Facebook i would post something about code everyday until they un-friended me.

#770 10 years ago

While the initial presence of WOZ and the way it looks may get customers to step up to the coin door, the way it's built and plays keeps them returning. Stern has gotten so use to cutting corners and not worrying about the home buyer that I'm not sure if they will ever be able to step up the quality. Also I don't expect every pin to be a hit but at least show some effort. Metallica has potential- if they finish the code it could be great.

#771 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I heard on the webernet that for each post on FB that complains about code, they delay another day in spite!
JK

Yea while that might not suprise some people lets hope they have more professionalism than that.

#897 10 years ago

Predator people recieved an early Christmas present.

#900 10 years ago

Again the problem is communication. If Stern would just give simple updates. You would think they would have a customer service department. How hard is it to say we are/are not gonna have an update and give an eta... How friggin hard is that?

#903 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Perhaps they don't read pinside and don't realise what's going on in this small corner of the pinball world.

No, Perhaps they don't after all this is a small community. However this isn't the only outlet in which customers are complaining.

I will say this though, Stern has consistantly copied rgpr's, pinsiders, Bashers, and villagers. They've watched for several years as modder's have changed pins and stern has implemented that into theyre designs. The "LE" was in part invented to capitalize on the mod market. They thought if outsiders could make some bucks why not offer a couple hundred pins to cash in.

Take for instance the laser etched side rails that Terry did. Then stern did it for ACDC. Then we sold laser etched with EL paper- Then they did LEDs in Star Trek. I'm not complaining as its good for pinball, bt don't tell me there not paying attention. Gary learned from that by saying the home market didnt matter 6-7 years ago. Now its a key piece of his business model.

#904 10 years ago

Also cointaker selling complete kits and stern offering LEDs as an LE option
Shakers motors as well and even speaker update kits.

#978 10 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

When it comes to code updates, Stern's the deadbeat Dad that only shows up once a year for Xmas.

Yea and apparently this Christmas their hungover in a no-tell motel with a prostitute with no thoughts of calling home.

#1103 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

The replacement magnet board worked 4 days for me, not perfect but good enough. Then I got more phantom locks than before. I thought there still was something wrong with the code and blamed it on the code.
A week later I soldered two resistors to the slingshots to make them less powerfull and I thought perhaps I should look over the hammer board too, so I soldered every solder point of the board fresh with new solder.
And after that the problems stoped. I would say my replacement magnet board works now almost perfect for me. no more phantom locks and it detects the ball almost every time.
Don't know if that will help you. But perhaps you should give it a try.
If there are hammer problems, it's not the code. It works good now.

Anyone have trouble on the premium or LE getting into the snake? I never paid much attention until I played a pro. Its a lot easier on the pros.

#1109 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Funny, I was going to fit washers too.
The adjustment is on the coil bracket. It's a PIA to get to, basically you remove both the mechs so you can pull them a few inches off the bottom of the PF to get to the screw at the back.
I have mine set up as good as it can be. The snakes lip is still a little higher (1-2mm?) than the playfield. But it rejects the ball a lot less than it used to.
If I was buying Metallica today I would save money and buy the Pro instead. Simply, the pro plays better than the LE.
rd.

Is there any pics for this? It's definitely what I need to do.

#1181 10 years ago

Just guessing but since they released "Lucie" It might be ST-ACDC-XMEN-MET, in that order. We will see.

#1265 10 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

What we here in overseas "know" about your law is, that there is no better business than to be a lawyer....
Mc D was sued beacause of not prining the warning " coffee is hot" on the cups, so Stern could also be sued for not printing "Incomplete Code" on their pins.
Sorry for the bad english / american , i ve´had "some" german beer this evening...

I'll tell you this much. That lady had severe burns and spent a week in the hospital. After they settled before appeals she ended up with half and deserved it all.

#1270 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Screw that too ! She didn't know coffee was hot ? What she deserved was a better education !

She knew the coffee was hot. This lawsuit had a lot of misconception. The news said she was driving when she was actually sitting. The temperature was 20 degrees hotter than their max now. The burns were in between hers legs and she had skin grafts. Like the other guy said she only wanted hospital bills.

#1414 10 years ago

I wish this whole thread was posted on their Facebook!
Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance... When will they learn.

#1450 10 years ago

What's gonna be fixed first?
1. Obamacare
2. Metallica Code

#1454 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

careful...I got a ban vote a few days ago for an obamacare remark

Why its a social program not politics. That would be like banning , Which is coming first, Metallica code or my tax refund?

#1457 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I agree 100%...im just telling you what happened to me

Well this isn't a place for politics but some people get so overly politically correct that they don't know right and wrong. ..........Gotta give all the kids in the pinball tourney a trophy and what have you.

#1466 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

As many of you know I'm a bit of a libertarian so I have no personal issue with criticizing both political parties. That said, Pinside has a no politics rule and the Affordable Care Act is currently the primary focal issue in American politics so please do not discuss same here or pull analogies from it on Pinside.

I respect what your saying and again some people go overboard with being sensitive to anything they may almost be political.
Its a social issue not a political one. ( Only political if u make it political ) Its only political if were talking about it in reference to a platform that politicians may run on or against. Otherwise its just like education, taxes, social security. High gas prices. or the military. That being said ill refrain from hurting anyone's feelings...Sorry...
However you do realize your being more political and drawing more attention than my post by the comments you said. Plus mine was funny.

#1506 10 years ago

Is Lyman really working on it? I've heard many people say he is but how do u guys know? I've looked for confirmation but can't find any?

#1509 10 years ago

But where's the confirmation?

#1514 10 years ago

Didnt know Lyman and you were that close. Then its surely lost with no way of finding.

Seriously does anyone one have confirmation on Lyman's project schedule ??

#1516 10 years ago

I understand that and would love to have your scared stiff with this verbal contract.. However i know how rumors get startedf.
I was told by someone in the know..wink wink what the next 3 pins are gonna be. I'm not gonna post it though because I can't list where I heard it...
I was just truly wondering if it had been posted by stern or Lyman somewhere. I heard Lyman talking with someone about it at a Tourney and meant to ask but got busy and forgot.

#1631 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

I would actually like to know if this update is Lyman's primary job at Stern right now or is it just one of several things they have him working on. With Mustang supposedly getting the new hardware and a pretty tight launch window to coincide with automotive events, do they have all hands on deck with him working on that and he gets a little time here and there to work on MET. Is it 100%, 50/50, 25/75. It would just reflect the state of Stern's interest in their current (former) customers. I'm staring at $30K in NIB Sterns over the past 18 months. I'm clearly not a customer they are interested in. The insulting Facebook riddles do not help their standing nor does the "we're working on something" but we can't tell you what it is, when or how it will be finished. And BTW how much does not using bayonet sockets really save. I'm tired of gluing these things back in. Oh well, as many have said, that's the way pinball is...too bad.

There's no way its his primary job or he wouldn't have one. Its probablly like a wife asking her husband to fix a leaking faucet. He'll get around to it when he feels like it.

No more Sterns for me until there proven!! Goodbye pre-orders

#1632 10 years ago

No more Sterns for me until there proven!! Goodbye pre-orders...

#1731 10 years ago

I"ll ask Lyman at Pinburgh. Yall hold on. Its only 6 weeks. That's Soon right?

#1738 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

That is his favorite thing for people to ask

Yea Im sure it is Bryan. I was actually joking but it would be tempting. Not sure I couldn't ask being as aggrevated as I am. I had a conversation with him at Papa and it didn't come up.

#1802 10 years ago

I don't have a Facebook but considered it just to post questions about when this code is getting released? Everyone in this thread should post until they give up some info.

#1841 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

TRON scoop awarded 500K for a year and a half, and I did not hear 1/8th of this much crying about it.

Maybe that's why it was a year and a half? Just sayin? .... Another term like chilax that needs to die.0

3 weeks later
#2496 10 years ago

Screw Stern- this is BS.

3 weeks later
#3561 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's all above board, I report any earnings I make from pinball mods (which are obviously a not a secret when I do them) to the IRS through my s-corp and pay taxes on them. I dunno how other mod makers handle their business, but my books are clean, even if it's just a side hobby for me.
I don't set out to pay more taxes than I'm supposed to or anything, but I don't have a problem paying my share. That's getting close to politics so I'll leave it at that.

That's the way it should be. I had an uncle that owned a few chickens for eggs for his family. He would usually have a surplus and sold about 3-4 dozen eggs a week to neighbors and he paid tax on it every year.

BtW If you do a Congo translite i estimate the value of that pin will increase immediately. You helped Shadow a great deal my friend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 149.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChadNC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon?tu=ChadNC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.