image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bearded_Warrior.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#571 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Fade to black is a crank it up mode right?

Yes.

#659 10 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's almost as annoying as Stern flipper hum.

I was wondering if anyone else had encountered the "flipped hum". It does this with my left flipper sometimes. Is there a fix to this?

1 week later
#854 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Are most of the people screaming for an update first-time NIB owners, and this was unexpected, or are most of the people screaming for an update multiple NIB owners, and they're just sick of it? Just curious.

I'm a first time NIB owner and even though I haven't posted much lately I check this thread, and Stern's update page, daily. I am disappointed/frustrated that it has taken this long because I wanted to have a big get together at my house once the code is more polished. This is still a dream pin for me and I don't regret getting it at all. I love it. I just want more of what I love

2 weeks later
#1566 10 years ago

Waiting on the code reminds me of this...

#1709 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No offense, but no one should be giving out windows. If he knows what's up behind the scenes he knows how many variables exist that aren't even about the actual code writing, and any one of them could delay things easily. Forget a date, it's "soon" and it's going to stay "soon" until one day it's "here". You'll get an ulcer otherwise!

But how long before we get an ulcer? Soon?

#1714 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pretty sure I can guarantee the ulcer in a week.

But the wait is killing me! How am I going to reach Internal Bleeding Mode without the ulcers?!

1 week later
#1981 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

I say we stop at #1999 and let the code release announcement be #2000, then we know it's official.

Then can we party like it's 1999?

#2013 10 years ago

I asked Dirty Donny on Instagram if he knew anything about a code update:

dirtydonnypinball.JPGdirtydonnypinball.JPG

1 week later
#2203 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Just crushed a great 250 mil game. Man the game has potential, but after an endurance round of all the MB's and crushing 85 mil out of SnD, you get the ball trapped on a flipper take a breath, and realize that you've made progress to nothing. At all.

The best thing about pinball machines and video games is getting rewarded with a false sense of accomplishment. That's what hurts Metallica so badly at this point. If I spend $7000 on a toy I would (and should) expect more out of it. It was great at first, but now I want more. We need the long term goal there to keep us motivated.

Side note: Do machines with more of a story mode progression like LOTR hold your attention longer than pins like Metallica or ACDC?

#2251 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's always next week.........

Well ain't this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere!

1 week later
#2607 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It's understandable that those of you who own Metallica are tired of waiting for a code update.
Having said that, did you or did you not understand that the code was not 100% when you first bought the pin?
Given the Xmen debacle, anyone who's bought a NIB since then and is still surprised or complaining about having to wait for code can only blame themselves.
Stern hasn't changed the way they do things. They release pins with basic code only at time of release.
Usually, not too long thereafter, they send out an update. They don't usually give deadlines or details, they just release it.
If you buy a game and the code isn't done yet, who's to blame? You, or Stern?
Yes, it would be better customer service if they had some news because it might make you feel valued as a customer. The thing is, Stern doesn't set deadlines for themselves. Some might say it's better as they don't have to apologize for missed deadlines. There's good and bad to this methodology I suppose.
The bottom line is this: Stern is not a terrible company for the way they do business. If Metallica code is updated and turns out to be awesome, I may buy one -and will hopefully be pleased with my purchase.
The only difference between my way of doing things and yours is that you bought "sight unseen". That's not Sterns fault.
In fact, the rest of the pin community should be harassing you all for buying this title with such undeveloped code so quickly. You are, after all, confirming to Stern that incomplete code is acceptable.
Flame suit on.

I claim ignorance on my part. I'm very new to the pinball scene. I fell in love with the game playing Marvel/Zen pinball, dreamed of how awesome a Metallica pin would be, saw an announcement on Facebook that Stern was making one and preordered my Premium sight unseen. I literally own the only pinball machine in my town so I don't get to play much and I had no idea that there were code updates until after I bought it. So yeah, I'm disappointed.

#2626 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

You may be disappointed now, but I think you'll be very happy when the next update comes out. Of all the first games to buy, MET was a damb good choice. Don't let the nattering nabobs of negativity here get to you. You already have an awesome game and it will only get better. Count on it.

Thanks for the encouragement. And don't get me wrong, I love my Met Premium and don't regret getting it at all. I just didn't think it would take this long to implement major features. They got so many things right with this pin and I hope people appreciate that. It could have easily been a terrible waste of a great license but Borg and Lyman did a great job.

#2723 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

So what do you all think we will get with this update?
The big heavy metal epic game, I am waiting for?A new interpretation of MB?More of the same we already have?A simple game but with "organic" flow?Will all the hype become true or will it be a big disapointment?Something groundbreaking new like AC/DC was?The swan song of DMD games?Just a good fun game?Or will it go down as one of those pins that only a few die hard fans like?Will it have modes and goals or more MB stacking over and over?Will it be mor for tournaments or good for solo players?
I know it won't be long till we will get our answers, but what do you think?

I'm hoping it will add a ramp or two and remove all of Lars' call outs. That's about it really.

#2856 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

If this is from the latest round DD did, open it up and see if he did the knuckle lettering and that he signed it. Mine were missing both.

Where exactly would the signature be?

#2862 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

The last batch showed them on the back of the chair.

I'll have to check mine when I get home. It was the first batch from last June.

#2894 10 years ago

So what have you guys done in the six months of waiting for code? I grew a pretty epic handlebar mustache to keep myself entertained.

#3091 10 years ago

I voted for Hit the Lights (could be awesome with an LED light show) and Orion (because an instrumental would be nice).

#3099 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I voted nothing else matters but doesn't look like it will make the cut.

I love Nothing Else Matters. I actually think it's the best song not in the game, but is just too slow and not a good fit for pinball.

#3133 10 years ago

Regarding the vote, I would just like to say that I would have voted for So What and Last Caress if they were available (and yes I know they're both covers).

#3137 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Your two votes would be covers?? Please dont own this game, haha.

I was half joking. Those songs are extremely vulgar and would have no place in the game. Would have been funny/cool to have them in there though. I also love their cover of Am I Evil?.

#3159 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

So as of now according to http://pinballvote.metallica.com/results
There has been ~19149 votes / 2 (since we get two votes) = 9575 People Voted
That's pretty impressive. I would imagine there can't be much more than ~2000 Metallica machines total out there....

I'm sure there are multitudes of people voting that have never even seen the pin. And people like me who voted three times

#3241 10 years ago

I believe you are misinformed. The reason Blackened,weren't in the, ...And Just for All weren't in Guitar Hero Metallica because those songs were licensed to Rock Band.
RTL is very licensable - it might cost more due to some extra hurdles but it's been done in Rock Band

I don't believe he was misinformed at all. Yes, those three songs in particular weren't in the game due to licensing issues, but Mustaine only had writing credit on RTL. The other songs he was given credit on (Four Horsemen, Jump in the Fire, Phantom Lord, Metal Militia, Call of Ktulu) were not in Guitar Hero: Metallica.

#3250 10 years ago

Well the debate was specifically about RTL, but really my point is using Guitar Hero as an example is flawed for RTL because the licensing problem was due to Harmonix vs Neversoft (or activision).
The other songs you've mentioned could be lumped in with dozens of other tracks that didn't make it either. Frankly I'd bet the low quality or possibly hard-to-find (they could certainly be lost or damaged) individual instrument masters of the entire Kill em All album might have played a factor.

They found the masters. Lars mentioned it in an issue of Game Informer before the game's release. The fact that not a single Mustaine credited track is in the game is not an accident or coincidence. We may not know the precise reason, but there is a reason. Doesn't matter much though. Whatever issues they had back then obviously aren't affecting what could be in the pin now. Even though I didn't vote for Blackened or RTL I'm perfectly fine with them being in there.

#3252 10 years ago

Cool to know. What's the take on RTL in Rock Band then? Just paid the higher licensing cost?

Not sure about that one to be honest. I wasn't into Rock Band or GH until it had already been out for several years. So yeah, I can only guess that they picked three songs they wanted to put in a dlc pack and paid whatever they had to.

#3291 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I think you misunderstood my post.
I know end of the line is already in the game.
Shouldn't the 3rd song (1 and 2 being the songs from the vote) that Borg talked about in that podcast not be a part of the voting process? He said he wanted to use it for coffin MB in place of the current song. I think it was my apocalypse maybe all nightmare long.
Or, are we just getting 2 extra songs now?

I really hopes we get All Nightmare Long if they do add one from Death Magnetic. Besides End of the Line it's the only other song I like on that album.

1 week later
#3378 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

When does that poll close again?

Monday. They announce the songs Tuesday. Code is assumed to be dropping Friday.

#3479 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'm going with March 18th.

Surprisingly optimistic now, lol. I'll say the 21st, because I'm going out of town the next day. Figures.

1 week later
#3650 10 years ago

@zucot - basically everything you said, plus:

- Better/more use of the ramps. Hopefully integrated with band member modes.
- Ball save during start of CIU.
- Allowing coffin lock during multiball.
- Hit the Lights with a synchronized light show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,600 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bearded_Warrior.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon?tu=Bearded_Warrior and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.